It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Sued: Toxic Dental Mercury Amalgam Fillings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

FDA Sued over Mercury Amalgam Fillings

www.toxicteeth.org

We sue FDA top brass on Dec. 28, 2007 -- seek removal
of mercury fillings from market

FDA lied to us and to the American people -- again. Accordingly, on the last workday of the calendar year (Fri. Dec. 28, 2007), my co-counsel Bob Reeves and I, with substantial assistance from lawyer Johann Wehrle, sued. The lawsuit is at www.toxicteeth.org/Complaint_Dec282007.pdf

The malfeasance at FDA -- this sequence of illegal actions to shield dentists’ pocketbooks instead of showing any concern with children’s health, unborn children’s lives, or the environment -- extends deep into the agency. Accordingly, we sued six individuals at FDA (not just the Commissioner), going five layers deep into the agency. We are going to stop these autocratic bureaucrats from hiding behind each other.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Copy of Federal Lawsuit Filed

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
FDA Lawsuit for Mercury Amalgam Fillings

A. Encapsulated amalgam (“silver fillings”) arrives at a dentist’s office withaffixed next to the words “POISON, CONTAINS METALLIC MERCURY.” Mercury, the warning states, is a “potentially hazardous substance” with “neurotoxic/nephrotoxic effects”; “a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.” Amalgam makers advised dentists in writing not to place amalgam in pregnant women, nursing mothers, children under six, and anyone with kidney disease.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This will be as big or bigger than when the tobacco industry got hit with lawsuits.

Dental Mercury Fillings are ok in your mouth, but once they take them out they have to go in to a hazardous waste container then be taken to a hazardous waste dump. Something is really wrong here.

I invite everyone that has any exposure to these fillings to read my old thread and how dangerous Mercury Fillings are. It includes videos and many many links to show that mercury at any level is degenerative to the nervous system.

Dangers of Amalgam/Mercury Fillings Video - Actual Smoking Teeth Footage

I have a feeling this will turn into a huge class action lawsuit.

www.toxicteeth.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I really need to look into having my fillings removed because I have a bunch. When I look at all the fluouride treatments that my dentist gave me when I was a kid, that couldn't have been good either.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
Thanks for posting this. I really need to look into having my fillings removed because I have a bunch. When I look at all the fluouride treatments that my dentist gave me when I was a kid, that couldn't have been good either.

Please make sure you get the right dentist that knows how to remove them without causeing a worse toxic environment then you already have. I got mine removed about 10 years ago and it made a huge difference in my overall health. There are strict protocols in place now, by responsible dentist's to remove Mercury Fillings.

When mine were removed I had to sign a waiver saying that I was the one that wanted them removed and the dentist even made a voice recording. Never had that happen for anything else at the dental office.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind when I have it done.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was lucky when I was a kid, my dentist didnt believe in flouride or mercury fillings. All my fillings are ceramic i believe, and she used a "natural" alternative to the flouride rinse.

Its good that this issue is getting some attention, Mercury is poision for the human body.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I was lucky when I was a kid, my dentist didnt believe in flouride or mercury fillings. All my fillings are ceramic i believe, and she used a "natural" alternative to the flouride rinse.

Its good that this issue is getting some attention, Mercury is poision for the human body.

Look at the lawsuit and the first statement they make in it. Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

C. Yet FDA has for 31 years ignored its duty to classify this device, and worse, allows untrammeled sales and no warnings about the mercury. In 2002 FDA actually launched a campaign to conceal the mercury, even from pregnant women, via a subterfuge warning that “amalgam contains zinc” (zinc is a nutrient, mercury a neurotoxin).

I think this is pretty damning and quite frankly, criminal.

maybe those in the FDA responsible for such fillings should stand behind their actions by getting amalgam fillings in all of their teeth; maybe they'd volunteer their own kids mouths and teeth?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
InSpiteOf,

There are a lot of things that I admire Canada for and health issues are one of them. Canada has much more compassion for it's citizens IMO.

Most country's have their problems, but the FDA hiding them like this are criminal, as you stated.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Good post. For years I suffered with strange, undiagnosable ailments, often leading to surgery. I'd feel better for a while and then new and strange symptoms would hit me again and after 6 major abdominal surgeries, for some reason, I decided to have all my old fillings removed and replaced with porcelin.

Best decision I ever made, I have felt better in the last three years since it was done than I have in twenty some odd years I had all that metal in my mouth.

When I told people that I didn't think all that metal in my mouth was healthy, they acted like I was insane, one guy even called me stupid because I said I thought that those fillings containing mercury may have been causing my health problems. Oh well, all I know for sure is that I feel better.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Ya dont listen to the mob, they rarely lead you down the right path.

I think, overall this lawsuit is a great place to start the process of trimming the fat out of the FDA. BUt because the FDA is entrenched with big business, i can definately foresee some heavy resistance, cover-ups, and outright voilations of the law comming forawrd during this process.

Out of curiosity, can anyone join the lawsuit?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

I think, overall this lawsuit is a great place to start the process of trimming the fat out of the FDA. BUt because the FDA is entrenched with big business, i can definately foresee some heavy resistance, cover-ups, and outright voilations of the law comming forawrd during this process.

Out of curiosity, can anyone join the lawsuit?

This is an excellent question. I would wager that if you or anyone else contacts this organization they will tell you if this is possible or not.

If not, I would guess that multiple lawsuits will follow this one. It is going to get interesting for sure.

Also a lot of lawyers stand to make millions, if not billions in this arena, so I am guessing all the lawyers in the USA will jump on this bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well my understanding of (Mass) Torte litigation is that if this case is winnable, the next step is to get plaintiffs which will involve a big TV ad campaign in an effort to secure as many people as possible and attach their names to the lawsuit. Chances are a number of large firms will band together, making the initial claim even larger, seeking more cash.

If won, the actual plaintiffs will recieve very little in the way of financial benefit, and the lawyers will make millions (like you said).

After that, smaller lawsuits dealing with the same issue will pop up from time to time as smaller law firms cull the remaining population that has a legitimate claim.

I guess the biggest benefit the public is guarenteed to recieve is, the banning of mercury fillings. Which in itself is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
SO they are going to remove filings containing mercury?

So... when they going to remove the Vaccines given to infants containing mercury?

Ohh wait.. that mercury is the good mercury.. thats right...

Oh nm ignore my post.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

At least this could potentially open up an avenue for futher investigation and public inquiry about ethel mercury. (not that much further investigation will lead to diferent results as im sure the stuff is poison)

Its going to be a slow, uphill battle, considering (like I said) the FDA is entrenched with big business interests.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ya I know.. parents of autistic kids have been fighting the battle for a while..

This wont change anything cause nobody cares.. it don't have Paris Hilton or Britney Spears in it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Ya I know.. parents of autistic kids have been fighting the battle for a while..

This wont change anything cause nobody cares.. it don't have Paris Hilton or Britney Spears in it.

I am in complete agreement with your sarcasm, but I think this one will gain some serious legs if enough people get involved.

Autistic children's parents are relentless in their en devours to explain things and find out causes. And with so many children having what appears to be mercury related issues, I believe this lawsuit has a chance.

Does anyone know where the statement the "Mad Hatter" came from and it's not Alice in Wonderland?

It was coined because all the hatter used to go mad after being in the trade. Why? they used mercury in their process.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Something about the dye's used to make the hats wasnt it? Whether they had mercury in the dye or not I cannot remember, but i think it was something similar, i remember hearing it in english class.

I think big business has just about had its time running amuck with our health and the environment which we all share. The concequences have to catch up to the actions at some point.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

apc

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How do they even remove the fillings? I have a couple in my molars that aren't ceramic like the front fillings are. I don't know if they're mercury or not though.

I'm not worried about the fluoride. Dental fluoride treatments are fine. It's drinking it through our tap water that is BS.

Realtruth, you got yours removed 10 years ago? How many and what was the final cost for removal and refilling?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
How do they even remove the fillings? I have a couple in my molars that aren't ceramic like the front fillings are. I don't know if they're mercury or not though.

I'm not worried about the fluoride. Dental fluoride treatments are fine. It's drinking it through our tap water that is BS.

Realtruth, you got yours removed 10 years ago? How many and what was the final cost for removal and refilling?

It didn't cost that much for 6 fillings about $600. I was really surprised. I did start a Chelation process too. Everyone can remove mercury from their bodies. Japanese researchers found this out.

Read about it here:

Cilantro Removes Heavy Metals From Your Body

Goodluck to you, because in my case it made a huge difference in my immune system, common colds, flus, etc. I am hardly ever sick these days, as opposed to when I had the fillings. Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join