It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ghost" caught in movie...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Remember the infamous Three Men and a Baby ghost? It's in a scene where Ted Danson's character is chatting with his mother. They pass by a window and you see a distinct image of a boy.

At that time, Disney (the studio behind that film) claimed it was a prop -- a cutout of Ted Danson. Some alleged that analysis of the image remained inconclusive, and some even said it definitely ruled out that it was Danson. Then stories surfaced about a boy who was killed on the set some years before, and that was his ghost.

Ultimately, Snopes.com seems to have proven that the ghost was the Danson cutout.

Nonetheless, it's still creepy.

Now comes another one.

Apparently, during the filming of interviews behind the making of a movie titled "The Attic," the film crew caught a glimpse of an alleged ghost.

I know little about the movie, other than it's IMDB profile. But from this, the movie is about a haunted house.

Someone associated with the movie interviewed a family member of the actual owner of the house used. In it, they capture a "ghost" in the background.

Needless to say, I'm very skeptical and am inclined to say bunk. What better way to promote a crappy direct-to-video horror movie about a haunted house than to allege you "captured" a ghost on video. In the end, I think the filmmakers are using the Three Men and a Baby viral approach to promoting this movie.

But then again, I leave that determination to the ATSers...

[edit on 1/17/2008 by behindthescenes]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No one has any thoughts? Anyone believe/disbelieve this?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So how do you feel knowing its just you and me up here ?

Ohh snap nice timing theres a guy stood in the background that i saw with the camera but i made no reaction.

Super cool camera man 10/10.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah...nice setup, huh?

"oh, these windows always come open...."

"Wow, creepy place..." while he scans the room to show you --- like a magican -- that there's no ghost here.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Erie.... but staged IMO.

The 'interviewer' just happens to word his statement to the homeowner about them being the 'only' people in the house... just as he pasts the 'ghost' in the background.

Could be wrong, but just seems too coincidental to me. If the guy hadn't of said that, I would be less skeptic.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think its fake but i posted about it a day ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As Grailkeeper said, it's too much of a coincedence that after the "ghost" is seen he says about them being the only one in the room.....

Its gotta be a fake, I've never seen a ghost like that.

All the signs scream fake, or marketing ploy, as they're in "the attic" which just so happens to be the name of the film, and the girl seems to be acting...........poorly.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
MEH not too great or bad

Please review One Line Posting On ATS

[edit on 1/21/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Heh, it's an emo kid. It's a setup, it's just to well choreographed.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What could be better than a movie about a haunted attic in an attic that is actually haunted?! If only there were a scientific means of proving that our attic is actually haunted. How about a random unverifiable documentary style short clip! Lets post it on ebaumsworld, where thousands of our target demographic go for their news!

Make sure our ghost has a simple black tshirt to make him more moody and malevolent. Gime him some trandy emo bangs and an understated black wristband. Make sure we give him plenty dark eye makeup, so he looks more dead/emo. If there is one thing kids love more than ghosts, its emo ghosts! If possible, get a Japanese ghost, as these are the scariest kind. If not, just give him more makeup.

Make sure we capture the ghost in the attic while an attractive young female talks about how scary and haunted the attic is. Everyone knows that attractive young females are the most reliable source on the paranormal. Especially tortured young emo paranormal. Something about the sexual tension...

Finally, make sure our paranormal documentation hits the world wide web the day after our film is released, so all the kids can go buy/rent it before they forget about our scary haunted attic!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
some how this got posted twice, i think my computer needs to be fixed sorry.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ucanneverdie]

new topics

top topics

join