It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anybody Identify this Aircraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I've looked at over 150 different aircraft silhouettes online and can't find anything quite like this, not to mention the odd cloud (plasma?) that seems to be surrounding the front.

I can't reveal the location, so please don't ask. I will only say it's over a US State.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
bis/exec jet with the most likely being a gulfstream or citation etc I'll try actually pin it down though on further looking it looks like a cessna citation either X or CJ4 and I'm leaning towards CJ4 if you look at the specs

Can you give me a reason why you aren't able to reveal the location? It comes across more then a bit unusual.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I looked at some Gulfstreams but it seems like the engines on this aircraft are mounted directly on the wings. Or could it be an optical illusion?

The Gulfstreams engines are mounted above and behind.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ive seen these planes lined up on runways on airforce bases in Alaska using google earth. Unfortunately I cant seem to get it to post the picture for you for comparisson.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ok, the more I look at it the more likely it seems to be a Gulfstream 3 or similar. I guess the angle just makes the engine assembly look odd to me.

Thanks everyone for replying.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The angle and shadowing of the airplane is whats messing with you. I'd have to agree that the gulfstream is the most likely. I was just about to post the same image as you but yeah the GS 3 is another highly possible candiate for your "unknown" AC. Any chance you can fill me in on location with a U2U? with a location it maybe even more possible to track down this aircraft. It looks like a google earth or maps type photo so I'm sure you could provide a link

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It is a Gulfstream, the shadows can distort the placement of a few things actually but I'd bet most if not all on it being a Gulfstream. Regardless, it is a business or private FBO style aircraft.

Hope this all helps, again..why so curious about it? You could probably enhance the image and perhaps get a tail code and do more research if you were really inclined too.

Peace, Mondo

P.S.: other possibilities, although I doubt it
1. A Citation
2. A Lear (very doubtful)
3. A Hawker ( pretty doubtful too)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Try looking At Elmendorf afb or Eieleson afb in Alaska. I could have sworn it was the same planes on the run ways. Im probably wrong but worth a look.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I hate coming late to these things but there is no need to consider other possibilities. It is a Gulfstream III. It is just the perspective that is a bit off.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is deffinatly some kind of business jet, i think the previous posts hit that one on the head as for the cloud in front, st elmos fire maybe? if you could reveal the location then that would clear that one up? either that or it could have been lasers of some sort or something messin round with the sattelite, although that one can be crossed out id say! or it could be the gost of the pilots ex wife whom he threw out the plane at 40,000 feet for naggin at him!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If it is not a Gulfstream III, it is a Dassault Falcon 20/200. If the pic was a little less blurred I could positively ID it for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Not a Gulfstream III; wrong wing planform. G-II

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I can't reveal the location, so please don't ask. I will only say it's over a US State.

Whats so secretive about an image of an aircraft that you found on Google Maps/Maps.live.com?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Judging by the placmerker, it's Google Earth. So, it's already on Google Earth, but you can't reveal the location? Makes me wonder if is is actually there. I mean, what else is someone supposed to think?

I know a page on the Internet that holds the secrets to everything ........ but I can't tell you where.

ugh

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Contact the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott AZ. Aviation Competition Team: The Flying Eagles. One of the events in which they compete is Aircraft Identification.

These guys know every airplane from the smallest details. I bet they would love the challenge!

[edit on (8/30/08) by AllSeeingI]

new topics

top topics

join