It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best TV Series?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
catweazle
dr who ( old and new series )
startrek ( all series )
love hina ( japanese anime )
dragonball ( z , gt )
knight rider ( old and new )
smallville
the a-team
ai yori aoshi ( japanese anime )
lois and clark: the new adventures of superman
stargate ( sg1 and atlantis )
airwolf
alarm fur cobra 11
Professor Poopsnagle's steam zeppelin ( about a flying autobus )
south park
simpsons
american dad
the family guy
allo allo
thunderbirds
x-files

[edit on 25-1-2009 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
1. Friends
2. House
3. Simpsons

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The sky at night
The twilight zone (B/W)
The Sopranos
Phoenix nights
Derren Brown~Trick or treat
The History Channel's UFO files
Tribe
Father Ted
Monkey Magic

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
best for me is LOST!!!!!
then theres some good tv shows that i use to watch
supernatural
smallville.
SCRUBS!
merlin is a good show
king of the hill

I used to like heroes, season 1 was fine but then the storyline got insanely boring and just wrong.
(no offence for those who watch it ,it just feels tha way to me)
alot of others--

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Locke23]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
BSG - I have to download each new ep, there's nothing else I'd do that for.

Characterisation, acting, plot... all top-drawer.

South Park's had some great stuff over the years.
Peep Show is excellent - and I used to like some of That Mitchell and Webb Look - there's a great sketch with them dressed as SS officers, and David Mitchell's saying, "Look, are you sure we're the good guys? I mean, we've got a death's head insignia here, look! There's something not quite right about that, surely..."

And there was a great series called Murder One by Steve Bochco. It rocked.

And one of the greatest political satires was Yes Minister...

EDIT:
I looked out some great clips on YouTube, but they won't play, so I've removed them from this post. Pity.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by rich23]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would have to say Burn Notice and King of Queens.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Criminal minds
CSI
The Defenders
NCIS Los Angeles
Supernatural
The Forgotten
Lie To Me
Big Bang Theory

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and the spinoff Angel). forget the title, it's deep and profound and superbly well done. I've never seen anything on tv with the growth and development of its characters, as well as the plot twists and verbalisms ('It was fruitless. No fruit for Buffy.') it deals with major major themes--loss of innocence, loss of loved ones, duty versus service. buy the dvds and watch (in sequence!).

also liked X-Files, Lost and Kolchak (70s original, not the stupid remake)
didn't catch the last two seasons but Smallville was awesome
orginal Prisoner was great (again, not the remake)
edit on 27-7-2011 by works4dhs because: add

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Sopranos, OZ, Weeds, Stargate SG-1, Law & Order SVU, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Walking dead, Dual Survival, Ancient Aliens. From what I can recall, those are probably my favorite shows.

And the BEST SHOW EVER on TV: AMC'c Breaking Bad. Nothing I have ever seen in my life, movie, mini-series, or full fledged TV series has EVER been anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. It's just an incredible show. I would urge everyone to give it a shot. It's popularity seems to cross over race, age, religion, political affiliation. Everyone seems to like this show, and most people that like it, actually love it, and are obsessed with it on a (possibly) unhealthy level. Go check out the AMC or IMDB message boards for Breaking Bad 5 minutes after a new episode airs. There's more traffic there than downtown NY.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The Inbetweeners. Hilarious stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
NCIS
Star Trek (not ToS, but really like TNG)
Due South (love the wolf)
Supernatural
Ghost Whisperer
Bones
Babylon 5

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Quantum Leap was not too bad either

And Xena was entertaining.

And the beginning seasons of X-files were cool - didn't see the end though. The South African Broadcasting Commission bunch don't believe in finishing series or even broadcasting episodes in order or even vaguely on time. We once had 2 different season episodes of NCIS broadcast one after the other (same channel) for the whole of both seasons. Got really confusing when characters were dead in one episode and alive in another and then dead again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I have quite a few that I watch regularly, in no particular order
Dexter
Fringe
The Walking Dead
True Blood
CSI
How I Met Your Mother
Family Guy
Supernatural
1000 Ways to Die
Ancient Aliens
My Name is Earl
King of Queens
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Mentalist
Lie to Me
Criminal Minds
Dirty Jobs
Pawnstars

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No order:
- Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
- Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe
- Kids In The Hall
- Anything Louis Theroux does
- Party Down
- The Wire
- Venture Bros.
- Misfits
- Human Planet
- Kenny Vs. Spenny
- Kenny Hotz's Triumph of the Will
- Mision Hill
- Time Trumpet
- Frisky Dingo
- Lawrence Leung's Unbelievable
- The Maxx
- Breaking Bad
- Shtrafbat
- The IT Crowd
- Nathan Barley
- The Inbetweeners
- Band of Brothers
- How not to live your life
- Samurai Champloo
- The Thick of It

Probably more but that is enough for now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, since my original post, LOST has come and gone.
Some other, can't miss series I'm watching...

Big Bang Theory
Haven
Warehouse 13
True Blood (HBO)
Fringe

Family Guy, Simpsons, and South Park I pretty much try to catch, but aren't "can't miss" shows.

Not really series, but I always DVR the Stephen Hawking Universe shows, and love Robot Chicken.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I always see Family Guy mentioned in threads like this. This is one of those shows that makes me remind myself that people are different and all that jazz, as I simply cannot understand that show. Never have.

I get similar responses when I mention Monty Python or MST:3K, so I should get it but I still don't. How that show not only got on television but was brought back after being canceled baffles me. People actually think Stewie is funny? Really? Ok. At least I don't have to watch the show.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
X-Files
Miami Vice
Cheers
Wings
Martin

I know I'm forgetting something.

Peace

edit on 7-9-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by Gazrok

I get similar responses when I mention Monty Python or MST:3K

It's cause people who like red dwarf, monty python, mst: 3k etc. all constantly insist that they are more cleverly written than they really are. Actually I find a lot of similarities between flying circus and family guy. The python's weren't even particularly good at writing jokes they were just willing to go farther into taboo territory than anyone else at the time.

Consider that like family guy the pythons will repeat a lukewarm gag ad nauseum. This borders on lampshading and is a way of turning a joke that isn't that funny into one that will get laughs.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
To me, the best tv show was probably "Lost". I didn't actually start watching it until it was already in it's 4th season. I watched all of the episodes up to season 4 online and was hooked. Been a huge fan ever since. Although the series finale was a bit aggravating. It left so many questions. I wanted to know how long Hurley was the man in charge. I wanted to know if any of the survivors at the end made it off the island and what happened to them afterward. I just felt so... unfulfilled.

Aside from that, I was a "Heroes" fan all the way up to the series finale. While the later seasons didn't have quite the same impact as the first, it still had it's moments. In the end, when Peter and Sylar ended up spending a lifetime together inside Sylar's head and inadvertantly changing Sylar's whole outlook on life, that was a great scene.

I'm still a huge "Dexter" fan. It's always been a pretty good show. This next season should be interesting.

"The Walking Dead" is not bad. The first season was great. Although, Frank Durabont left as Director for the second season, I can't wait to see what happens.

"Jericho" is a guilty pleasure of mine. Even though it barely made it up to two seasons, it was an entertaining show with a lot of potential.

"Supernatural" is also a guilty pleasure. I've watched it since the beginning and it's really turned into something good. I can't wait for season 7.

"True Blood" is pretty good but I'm not as big a fan as my wife is.

"Entourage" was great. Although the series finale, just like the "Lost" finale, left me with a lot of questions. Again, I wanted to know kind of what happened to them afterward. Did Ari take the job? Did "E" get back together with Sloan and raise the baby? Did Vince's marriage last?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Since my last post I grabbed Lawrence Leung's choose your own adventure. Pretty funny.

"Mum what do you think of my website?" "Very, very creepy."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join