It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best TV Series?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My favorites (in no particular order):
Dr Who (A Time Lord, a Companion, and his TARDIS)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Alfred Hitchcock Hour (Great anthology series.)
The Venture Brothers (A warped view of 1960s cartoons that have passed)
The Simpsons (Yes, it is not as good as before, but it still makes me laugh)
Outer Limits (the original series, not the awful remake. Some of the classic stories still scare me)
Arrested Development (If it is good, they will cancel it)
Twilight Zone (again, the original series. Mr Serling was a great writer of TV shows. Some of today's writers should watch and learn how it is done.)
The Big Bang Theory (finally, a good sitcom on TV)
The History Channel (lots of interesting shows, too many to list. The UFO Files would start it)
The Daily Show/The Colbert Report (You know cable news is in a sad state when you go to comedy shows to get your info. A lot of humor and outrageous commentary. No Democrat or Republican is safe from these guys)
The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart (these shows are extremely well written and very funny. Sitcom writers, these shows should be a much watch to learn how to build a great sitcom).

Shows I watch, but are not the best:
Law and Order (Chris Noth and Jerry Orbach in the episodes are a good sign. The latest season was actually quite good with Sam Waterston being kicked upstairs. I like CI, but it can be frustrating and very violent at times. SVU is too violent and the child abuse episodes are a bit much to watch all the time.)
My Name Is Earl (a great start, and then the second and third seasons were very uneven. Hopefully season four will be better. Why don't they limit this series to 13 episodes a year? They could eliminate the "filler" episodes that are bad)
Heroes (I don't know if I will stick around and watch this one. The first season took a long time to start, and the finish was lame. The second season was forgettable, and the third will deal with the heroes from the future...oh, forget it)
Eureka (I like this show, but wish Sci Fi would give it a better budget and more of their time. It seems to be missing something)
The Closer (I can guess who did it at the very beginning. Why don't they turn this into a Columbo type show where we know who did it and she has to prove they did it. She could have great dialogue with the person she knows is guilty. Right now, Kyra and her cast mates are the only ones who are interesting.)
Torchwood (John Borrowman is great and the series can be quite entertaining. It is also very uneven, and needs a little more focus.)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In no particular order:-

Family Guy- Brian and Stewie rocks!! Although the Evil Monkey is a pretty close second

American Dad- Funny, smart and yet politically incorrect!

Dr Who- Mainly just for David Tennant (I hope he doesn't leave)- but the storylines are ok too.

30 Rock- Tina Fey is hilarious and clever.

Stargate Sg1/Atlantis- SG1 is best but ill take either i guess.

But i'll watch anything really- im not picky...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Curb your enthusiasm is a work of genius (although Rome,the Sopranos,Heroes,Extras and The Twilight zone (B/W) are good too!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I forgot a few of my favorites:
Reno: 911 One of the funniest shows and the funniest improvised. If you were to first turn it on, you would think you were watching an episode of Cops albeit inept ones at that!
Cheers and its spin-off Frasier So rare is a spin-off just as funny as the original. That Eddie steals the show!
Mary Tyler Moore Show If nothing else, catch the Chuckles the Clown episode.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I may be here forever, but here goes...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Supernatural, EastEnders, Dr. Who (new and old), Little Britain, Deadwood, Weeds, The Royal Family, Waterloo Road and Arrested Development.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Mine is Flashpoint, whitout a doubt.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Mary Tyler Moore Show If nothing else, catch the Chuckles the Clown episode.

Still histerical after all these years! For those who have never seen it, here's some highlights from the episode:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters, BSG top for me. But old not on air anymore would have to be Daria!

Before MTV sucked, there was Daria. It was funny but smart, why MTV had it cancelled. Can't have a show that makes you think.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
well, lets see:

*ESPN (Baseball Tonight)

*Desperate Housewives

*Mad TV

*Spongebob Squarepants... hey it's got that classic Bugs-Bunny humor, which most cartoons lack now-days.

*Jon and Kate Plus 8

*Ace of Cakes

*The Ellen DeGeneres Show

[edit on 9/10/08 by Soxgirl9]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The sarah connor chronicles

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My favorite TV series is Dexter, it's about a blood spatter analyst working for the Miami Metro Police department who is a serial killer that targets other killers and general scum of the earth. It's on season 3 at the moment and Jimmy Smits is doing an excellent job as Miguel Prado. It's on Showtime but is freely available on bittorrent sites everywhere.
Just watch the first episode and you'll be hooked.

Here is a list of other good shows to look out for.

1. Fringe - excellent show about fringe science, it's quite funny as well. It's about weird cases known as the pattern, a team is put together to find out what it all means. They believe someone or some organization is using the public as guinea pigs for strange experiments. If you are a conspiracy nut then you will definitely enjoy this show. It's on Fox after House at 9pm on Tuesdays.

2. The Mentalist - another new show that is very good, it's a cop show and the mentalist is a guy who once was one of those TV psychics. He stopped because during an interview he insulted a serial killer so the killer killed his wife and child. Now he uses the skills he once used to deceive people to help the cops solve crimes and hunt the serial killer. Tuesdays on CBS.

3. Life On Mars(USA version) - a new show about a cop who is somehow stuck in 1974 after he was hit by a car in 2008. He's not sure if he is in a coma and making this reality up in his head but decides to just go with it and do what he does best. There are some great characters on this show. Thursdays on ABC.

4. How not to live your life - a British comedy about a guy who inherits his grandmothers house but still has to make payments on the mortgage. The love of his life ends up renting a room in the house. She of course is not single and her boyfriend is always around. His grandmothers caretaker still comes around for no reason and takes care of him, not that he minds. It's a very funny show and season two should be just as good.

Other shows I really enjoy or enjoyed in the past: House, Entourage, Life, The 4400, Heroes, Prison Break, Smallville, Supernatural, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia(hilarious), Scrubs, The Mighty Boosh(UK comedy), Spaced(UK comedy), Psych, Burn Notice, Dead Zone, Reaper, Californication, Weeds, True Blood, Little Britain(USA version has started on HBO), The Wire, Generation Kill, Chuck, Charlie Jade, Trailer Park Boys.

Anime/Cartoons: South Park, The Simpsons, Bleach, Darker Than Black, Death Note.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by DraconianKing]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am realizing that i watch WAY too much TV

Shows that i make it a point to watch:
Supernatural--I will not miss an episode. I freakin Love this show.
Dexter
True Blood
Fringe
I was gonna leave this out, but I'll be truthful......I've been watchin the new 90210

Shows that I watch just because they're on:
X Files --I watched religiously when it was originally on.
Charmed
Angel
Tru Calling
Dark Angel
Outer Limits
Dead Like Me
Friends
Family Guy
Scrubs

Shows that I miss...
Sliders
Buffy
Friday The 13th the series (nothing to do w/Jason) ~ I did see this on Sci Fi recently. Don't know if it's just a halloween season thing. I hope they keep it.
Tales From The Crypt
Twilight Zone
Dawsons Creek

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I watch way too much series... but here we go in no particular order

Friends (Simply the best)
24 (You can't watch it on TV though. Imagine having to wait a week between episodes!)
Heroes (Fantastic! )
Prison Break (Two seasons would have been enough though)
Sex and the City (Ah... loves it)
Entourage (Ari and Lloyd. Best TV-couple ever)
Greys Anatomy (All the beautiful people...)
Family Guy (Brilliant)
The Riches (So bizarre! Wonderful)
Breaking Bad (Even more bizarre!)
And finally I must mention "V". Do you remember? Wasn't it great? :-) I was 10 or something and it was the best thing I had ever seen. I heard it's coming back.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"House md"....love that show. I feel lost if I miss an episode.

"Grey's Anatomy" and "Law and Order SVU"....those are the only other series I watch.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"V" LOL! That show scared the crap out of me when I was kid. But I rented the series a few years ago and was sadly dissapointed. I'm excited that they are bringing it back, I'll probably watch.

Shows that I enjoy present (& some past):
The Office, 30 Rock, Heroes, Fringe, True Blood, Big Love, Frasier, Alley McBeal, Rome, BS.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
At one point I was addicted to Lost. But I am stuck to House. The show is awesome.

Bones is good too!

Also Monster Quest and Deadliest Catch.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ReiSethimus]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ReiSethimus]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
House,Cowboy Bebop,The Shield,Sons of Anarchy,NASCAR and Family Guy. Probably think of more later...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

I agree with the Sons Of Anarchy - I love that show. Kind of like The Sopranos on 2 Wheels. Very well written, and great acting. There's not a weak link in the cast.

Dexter is also a great show. What a concept for a show.

The Simpsons!!!!!! My favorite show ever!!!!!!!!! There is no show that makes me laugh so hard that I need to rewind the DVR several times.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks mod. What is this DEXTER of which you speak? I have seen it mentioned alot on this thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
Thanks mod. What is this DEXTER of which you speak? I have seen it mentioned alot on this thread.

First off my name is lombozo. I might have the title of mod, but I am a member no different than you.
Dexter is a Showtime series. An amazing premise. I will give no secrets away, as the theme is shown from the first 10 minutes of the first episode.
Dexter is the name of the main character. By day he works for the Police Dept. At night he is a serial killer who gets the 'bad guys' the police can't get. AMAZING premise. Well written, and with the exception of the woman who plays his sister there are no weak acting links. Check it out. I LOVE the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join