It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather Reports - The Trouble with Touch Screens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is an hour long investigation in the touchscreen controversy and also digs into the cause of the infamous hanging chad fiasco from the 2000 election.

You can watch the video here:

"The Trouble with Touch Screens"

Dan Rather Reports presents conclusive evidence of the failure of touch screen voting machines across the country.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This seems to be a well known problem and yet the government persist in forcing states to replace older working machines with these faulty, hackable, substandard machines that have been known to fail on many occasions. How can people allow this to happen? I know some states have resisited but by and large it's a minor issue. No wonder more and more people don't vote, the decision has all ready been made for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The touchscreen machines built in a Phillipine sweatshop from components made in Taiwan, China and the shoddy touchscreen itself manufactured in the US by a company named Bergquist.

Why is this information important?

Just take a look at this article concerning the replacement of fully capable machines used last November in Massachucetts which are being replaced by mandate with what?

Touchscreens? ES&S machines?

"money money money money.......MONEY!"

Voting machines work fine — but they must go

Not long after Gloucester’s 12 electronic voting machines once again proved accurate and reliable in the November election, the city was informed the machines and thousands like them were being decommissioned.

The news, announced by the state director of elections and based on a conversation with a representative of the manufacturer, was a bitter pill for the recipients — city and town clerks.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The segment on Sequoia, the punchcard ballot producer, and the 2000 elections was very interesting, I have not heard this information before.

The former employees describe what I consider a deliberate intent to produce defective ballots, using rejected paper rolls some with unknown origin and the one pressman who was told to print the Palm Beach, Florida (remember Palm Beach?), ballots off calibration because the humidity in Florida would grow the ballots back into the proper alignment.

That person worked for the company over 20 years and this was the first time he heard of that and wouldn't comply unless it was signed off by upper management, it was.

I would have to agree with the worker who said this was intentional to help promote the electronic voting machines.

top topics

join