It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Won't Wear Green Bay jersey; Dad gets Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A Wisconsin man was cited for disorderly conduct after actions he took because his son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey on Saturday.

PORTAGE, Wis. -- Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

sports.espn.go.com...

Wow. There's something screwed up in that household, is all I can say.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

OOoo I haven't posted on here in awhile. I remember that headline though..

Hmm GB... The whole town is barely big enough to fill the stadium. I'm surprised there are more whacky stories coming out of there.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Dad is just mad that the kid is a Cowboys fan.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I read that story in the local paper here a few weeks ago. Green Bay fans are nuts. I live in a town called Prescott Wisconsin that boarders Minnesota and there are people in our town who have actually painted their homes green and yellow and have painted Green Bay emblems onto their houses.

People take sports way too seriously. Has anyone seen the movie Varsity Blues? Situations like in that movie aren't so far fetched.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
From what I hear, the majority of WI residents find a handful of things VERY important in their lives. Cheese, Beer, Bratwurst, and Green Bay Packers. Combining all of them in a pub is most common.

As far as Green Bay filling up the stadium, the fans travel from surrounding areas as well.

This information has come from browsing some forums trying to find information about WI, since a friend is moving there and wanted me to follow suit if I could. I don't drink, am a vegetarian, and not too into football ... don't think I would fit in well

To be nice, they claim to have an excellent school system. Snow.

Property tax is high though.

So, the dad was trying to involve the child in local culture past any sane person's level, and the poor kid just wanted to exert his independence.

Poor kid.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey Free, I don't drink much either and I live in a small Wisconsin town that has nothing but a street full of bars. The property taxes are high but the prices of houses themselves are quite low so it actually evens itself out a bit. Most people here mind their own business. There are a lot of hicks in my town but we have all types here and no one seems to mind.

top topics

join