It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My reasons I would vote for Ron Paul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I give credit for this information from here: Ron Paul 2008

Wrote in my own words:

I believe Ron Paul should be the next President of the United States of America. My reasons are:

Ron Paul will eliminate the IRS. Ron Paul will bring our troops home, and have them guard OUR Borders. He wants Tax Cuts. He will give no amnesty to Illegals in America. He wants to eliminate the Federal Reserve Bank from controlling our money, so we can lower our debt.

Wants the people to control the U.S. Spending. Will not fight in Foreign Wars. Wants Peace. Will get the government off of our backs. No tax on tips you earn from working the in food sector. No Racism!If you give the people Liberty, nobody will care about race/groups of people and worry about themselves and liberty. No more environmental problems, meaning your company will be sued for pollution!

Wants to stop the wrong so called Free Trade Deals. "So called free trade deals and world governmental organizations like the International Criminal Court (ICC), NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and CAFTA are a threat to our independence as a nation. They transfer power from our government to unelected foreign elites" -Ron Paul 2008.com

To stop the ICC from charging our Soldiers as War Criminals. Will Stop NAFTA from erasing the borders between Mexico and America, which will be called the North American Union.

I guess that's the governments way of controlling immigration. I don't think so. If this happens it would make a single nation out of Canada. The U.S. and Mexico with a new unelected bureaucracy and money system, would mean the end of limited and constitutional government as we know it.

We have troops in over 130 different countries, that are not home guarding us, and the government is calling for a new draft, this will be stopped.

To break away from the U.N. for trying to impose direct taxes on us.

To give us property rights. Meaning we can't be driven away from our homes so something else can be built there.

Ron Paul is Pro Life. That means no abortions. It's your fault if you get pregnant, and that is no reason to kill a child. It's not there fault.

Control Our Borders. That means to physically control our borders and coast lines. To enforce Visa Rules, meaning you can not overstay your date, and will be shipped back if your Visa is expired.

No Amnesty for illegals, meaning if your in the country now illegally, you will be shipped back. There will be no welfare for illegal aliens. The end of birthright citizenship. To pass the true illegal immigration reform.

Stop allowing private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare, and governments that is collecting foreign aid to tell us how we are supposed to spend our money. We need to use the Constitution of the United States Of America to tell us how we are going to spend our money.

Stop the Federal Government from controlling our health care system and allow us to control it. Make all taxes deductible from all medical expenses.

Supports the Second Amendment to let the American People have the right to keep and bear arms. Will end the ban of carrying a firearm in a Nation Park. Will end the ban of pilots and law enforcement officers carrying a firearm on an airplane, to stop future 9/11 style attacks.

End our membership from the United Nations, who wants to give us gun taxes, or take our firearms permanently. Will allow veterans wild mild forms of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome the right to carry a firearm.

To fix our Social Security for seniors. No taxing of Social Security.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If nothing else, Ron Paul is the only candidate who has consistently stated that the financial costs associated with our international gamesmanship ---- especially the wars --- is unsustainable and tanking the economy. He has consistently stressed the urgency of this. Yet it is only in the last few days that the government has decided to talk about the dire economic issues. What? Like these problems just surfaced. Holy crap.

The other candidates are talking tax breaks for (your choice here) but the wars and intenational gravy train continues, in some cases (read: McCain), for 100 years.

All the points jca makes are important and valid. But if people can get their pointy heads around just one concept it should be the candidates' economic understanding. The others have none. None.

join