It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Orientation Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
With Scientology in the news recently I thought my fellow ATSers might want to see this. Apparently it's a Scientology Orientation video, I take it that this is the first video you're shown when first accepted into the church. It's seriously creepy and appears to be shot with a hidden camera of some sort.

In case I did the google video code wrong here's the link: Scientology Orientation Video

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Funny thing is you can see how old that video is and they still tell the same NWO BS in those videos too.

Oh well,,,,

It's a religion that is built upon the LIES of fearmongering and hate.

It's a false doctrine.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

If you want my opinion, it's not a religion but just a means of getting rich people's money created by a rather crappy sci-fi author. Honestly, I mean why not follow Asimov or Frank Herbert, hell I'd rather follow William Gibson or Philip K. Dick

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Thank you very much for this video. It had a charming retro feel, like those nice tumbling space rocks, and the way the featured persons would be questioned, and give answers, it reminded me (born in 1961) of those science movies that I got shown in school with that bald professor guy who would explain why heat rises, and like that. A nostalgic appeal to the bygone age of easier certitudes. And I wonder if that's a desired demographic appeal, if they want to appeal to those who have that particular media archetype. It had a mid-century Mid-America feel to me. Or maybe it's just that it was shot some time ago, I wonder when it was made.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Quite funny, rehearsed speeches or reading from cue card. - I...think...its...the...latter...

Yeah, seems its a pyramid scheme...but I guess some folks it works for -(for the time), each person has the right to their journey and each piece is a part that progresses us further...

Scientology and any other religion, is nothing to be scared of. They may be doing scarying things, but nothing to be scared of.

Love at the end where he says you can walk away, "of course you would be stupid" - ha, no pressure whatsoever.

Anyway...as far as the Tom cruise babbling video...its the editing that makes it look silly.
Again, either way, his view points may not align with others - but really, its all the editing.

Peace

dAlen - "dalenologist"

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

In context it is a "religion". Sure I think I understand you wish to state something against it, but the real use of a term is a group of people that share a belief in some spiritual context.

It is a brainwashing cult of money or what ever, but it is also a religion by nature. Though it's spiritual dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I suppose it is a religion if you define religion as a certain set of shared beliefs and a common manner of worship. I suppose any religion requires a good amount of faith that it doesn't sound just as ridiculous to say a Hindu.

Personally, I believe you have the right to believe what ever you want and worship who ever or whatever you please. I just think you need to be weary when your god starts asking for copious amounts of your money.

I think Scientology does fill a certain gap in the lives of many emotionally and spiritually dead financial elite. I just can't see myself worshiping God Inc.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Without judging scientology itself, I think the video is terrible. Ive seen it before on another ocassion and if thats supposed to be "advertisement" for the sc-church then it its gone awfully wrong. They dont seem to have a clue of how to produce attractive advertisement in general though. Their publications in general have the touch of cheapness and cheeesiness to them. I dont know if thats what their deceased founder intended.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi There,

Scientologists believe that man is composed of three distinguishable parts: mind, body and spirit.[49]

The thetan (spirit) is described in Scientology as having no mass, no wavelength, no energy and no time or location in space except by consideration or postulate. The spirit, then, is not a thing. It is the creator of things
—1956, Professional Auditor's Bulletin 85 .

Wikipedia...

Taking this quote from Wikipedia, I want to ask one simple question for all the Scientologists out there...If the thetan has no mass, no wavelength, no energy, or time and location vectors....how is it able to interact with its surroundings? How is it able to create? How is it able to have a mind and body, but no energy with which to interact with them. How? How? How?

Scientology = the most preposterous concepts of psuedo-science to part money from the 'fool'.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is a buddhist concept that has been hijacked by scientology.

It means to convey that consciousness ("thetan") exists as timeless/spaceless/massless.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well I'm sold.

Who can tell me who to give my credit card number to.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Many religious organizations reportedly do something for the poor etc. I haven't heard of anything so far, but haven't researched it either. If LRH had really been a threat to the US government they would have easily killed him off and or turned him into some kind of cult child abuser etc.

They also might have turned him into some type of puppet for them to use as well. But thinking about it really, he may have actually been a puppet all along and gave the illusion that he was an enemy of the government.

So, it's my theory that LRH and his books was an alternate to other religions as in some secret societies to get people away from mainstream religion and into a new source to drain their pockets and minds also.

Probably just a government study that works and survives today but didn't really take off as much they hoped it would. Government created religion and conspiracy in religion? Didn't he work for the military?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do they offer kool-aid at these events?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Do they offer kool-aid at these events?

It was Flavor-Aid actually
Kool-Aid doesn't even taste good anymore.

I like how some people say it's not a religion when defending it and then others do say it's a religion. Some say you can't be a member if you believe in the traditional God, then others say it doesn't matter what you believe and you'll still be accepted.

As long as you have a credit card that has a good supply of cash, they dont' care what you believe. Weren't they once (or still are) on a type of terrorst watch list? Remember hearing something about it a while back.

Anyone seen the new version of the Tom Cruise babbling video that someone remixed to include Will Smith? Now that video is pretty good

new topics

top topics

join