It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so sinful about the Knowledge Tree???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you consider astrology with its mythical gods and goddesses as original sin knowledge and that man in beleiving in these fake deities became like them..and consider also astrology is not only the origin of all false deities it is also the birthplace of all the black arts. Astrology could well be the knowledge that caused men to be like satan

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by Lannock

How do you know they're myths? We don't really know such a thing. Contradictions? Most of these are resolved once you reference the original languages of the Bible in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. Errors? I know of very few errors once we do our research into the texts. In secondary translations thing get a little more difficult (as with all literary works translated into another language) but most of these errors don't even exist when you do the research.

Not saying the Bible is perfect today with our secondary modern English translations but it still gets the message of salvation across loud and clear: Jesus. So what I was trying to say is that God is not going to withhold such an important message from us because people would commit scribal errors, mistranslate a word, or not know how many horses and chariots Solomon owned. This might help: HERE and HERE.

Well said Ashley. I hate all this belief that the bible is full of mistranslations.

I was having a read of Genesis before while I was thinking about this thread. Has anyone considered that maybe God wanted Adam and Eve to sin? He isnt stupid, he made them, so he knew that like children they would be easily influenced and in this case the serpant took advantage of this.
Could it be that God has a bigger plan at work here on earth? The creation of earth happened after the fall of saten and his angels, Im am thinking through the idea that we might have been made to replace them and earth stands as a sort of school where by our actions we choose sides in this spiritual battle occouring in the universe.
Haha, but I guess that we will only know when the J man comes back to get us.

-fm

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

But of course an all-knowing God would have known this in advance right?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join