It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice that in movies and tv now that all aliens are Lizard like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Nowdays on tv and films all the aliens seem to be lizard like creature's.

Also all references to alien beings seem to be lizards too WHY?

Dunno but most alien documentarys seem to pop the words maybe they are lizard like in where ever they can nowdays?Before it use to be all types now itseems to be consentrating on lizards.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
like what shows and movies...? i really haven't seen any of that.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
one of the best one's I've seen recently is in Stephen King's Dreamcatcher.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with Man's strange fear of reptiles.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
yeah, dreamcatcher was the only one i could think of... nothing recent other than that though. and that was from over a year ago anyway, wasn't it?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
V and....uuh....that is the only one that I can think of.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I read dreamcatcher, they weren't lizards, they were parasitic worms, and I never saw the movie because I heard it was horrible.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
I read dreamcatcher, they weren't lizards, they were parasitic worms, and I never saw the movie because I heard it was horrible.

I was alright if you have nothing else to do. I got annoyed at it though because it seemed to similar to John Carpender's The Thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles

yeah, but they looked lizard-like... like big #ing snakes... and yeah. that movie was #!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Nowdays on tv and films all the aliens seem to be lizard like creature's.

Also all references to alien beings seem to be lizards too WHY?

Dunno but most alien documentarys seem to pop the words maybe they are lizard like in where ever they can nowdays?Before it use to be all types now itseems to be consentrating on lizards.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by blobby]
I think it's because human beings also have a piece of reptile in them, in the form on the reptilian complex in the brain.

It could also be, too, that humans and the media are beginning to realize all the references to lizard beings from the past, like quetzacoatl.

Another possible reason is the idea that aliens are nothing but beings that are from this earth, who live underground, having a reptilian look.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
if you get too close to the truth they'll take you out!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's probably because of David Icke telling everyone about 4th Dimensional lizards. Although they have been portrayed as lizard like in older movies and TV shows as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
heres another question.

how come all Alieans are humanoid and have 2 big eyes and a small nose?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
heres another question.

It is a figmant of a humans imagination, and because of it's ego believes that aliens would share it's form.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
heres another question.

I'm sure there are more metaphysical answers, but to answer pragmatically, humans play aliens in most tv shows and movies. it's a whole lot cheaper and easier to slather a human actor in makeup and a weird costume than to construct (either with practical special effects or digital effects) a non-humanoid alien.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They are preparing us for our new masters via a suble and long term acclimitization process.

Frankly I will always think they look horrid and grotesque.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok, I haven't seen Dreamcatcher yet but can't really think of any of the Aliens in the movies I have seen looking reptilian. I haven't noticed it myself but I wouldn't be suprised if there was some kind of reptilian pattern in alien movies as the biggest conspiracy affiliated with David Icke is that Aliens are putting reptilian implant entities into our body which influence our thought and actions, mostly influencing them negatively and in the ETs favour. Can someone tell me some movies where there are reptillian aliens in them?? I guess Godzilla and Super Mario Brothers is one??

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ok I saw dreamcatcher 2 times ok ya they had worms which layed eggs and they were like parasites that would use humans as hosts etc. But didnt anyone notice all those GREY'S in the movie at the crash site? Ok and the guys name was mr. Grey. Also it does remind me of the thing with the winter setting and all.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lets see...we've got

The V aliens....
Buckaroo Bonzai
The Sleestaks from Land of the Lost
They Live!
The Greens of Communion
The Last Starfighter
Enemy Mine...

Just to name a few off the top of my head...

I think it's simply an easy theme to use for aliens... I don't think it's Icke's theories born true.....

join