It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holocaust is Overrated

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think that one reason that we hear more about the Holocaust is because the Jews basically control TV and Movies. If the South controlled TV and movies, I think you would see more movies about the Civil War, etc. However, let me say that the Holocaust is a terrible thing that never should have happened. No one person should ever get that much control and power over others. Let us not forget! God Bless The Jewish People! God says, "I will bless them that bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee."

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
By way of example, it's common knowledge that Obama, who incidentally could well be the first black president you're looking for - is hampered by the fact that many Americans won't vote for him because they believe him to be a Muslim. Is that a zionist conspiracy, or just pig ignorance?

I think the reason here is why do Americans dislike Muslims? 9/11? or was it even prior to that? Arabs are almost always portrayed as bad in the movies. Even in the 90s remake of The Mummy, the Arabs that he encounters are all bad except for the one Magi guy. The fat arab operated on greed, the skinny one is so selfish that he betrays humanity. That's just one example. There are few movies out there that actually portrays Arabs in a positive light. Even Thank You for Smoking touched on that, where he talks about how they need to get cigarettes out of the hands of "bad guys, arabs, and (something else) in the movies because it portrayed cigarettes in a negative light. The point is, peoples minds are easily influenced by what they see regularly on TV, Movies, in the music, and so on. I personally believe the NWO paradigm (pleasure with minimal real thinking) is being pushed on us through mass entertainment, especially movies and music, but that's beside the point.

I am just saying that isn't it possible that the general public is prejudiced towards Arabs due to an oversaturation of negative portrayals of Arabs, which has been going on in Hollywood Movies since so long ago?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"God Bless The Jewish People! God says, "I will bless them that bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee."

I am an Atheist, but shouldn't you say, God bless ALL of us?!
That statement of yours and others similar ones are exclusive and is root of the problem why so many people are pis..d of with Jews because they seem to monopolize everything even compassion by default.
Through history of humankind apparently 2 billion people died as a result of wars. Shall we start fighting for their background checks and see if 400 million Christians killed is worth more then 20 million Jews or 50 million blacks etc..?
We are getting nowhere with statistic and People shouldn't be mere numbers.
I still shiver when I hear those Nazis in white house saying; unfortunately there was collateral damage..
Isn't that something bank manager asks you to put down if you are asking for a credit?
Never saw anyone putting his children as a collateral, at least not back home!
Look at the new lingo they use that is another proof of Pro-Nazi movement among them. No feeling, no compassion..

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am just a little suspect about the intentions of a race of People who have been in conflict with other civilizations for 6000 years, have a name for all people not of their race ( Gentile ), always grab positions of power, try and control the media at every turn, push for exclusivity on persecution sympathy, then oppress people living in their land without punity.

Things aren't all as they seem.

Oh and didn't they Kill Jeshua ?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
I think that one reason that we hear more about the Holocaust is because the Jews basically control TV and Movies. If the South controlled TV and movies, I think you would see more movies about the Civil War, etc. However, let me say that the Holocaust is a terrible thing that never should have happened. No one person should ever get that much control and power over others. Let us not forget! God Bless The Jewish People! God says, "I will bless them that bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee."

Why do the Jews control TV, movies, and the media? they represent a fraction of the population yet an immense % of the wealth. Do you think it has to do with how they are brought up and how hard working they are?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
Why do the Jews control TV, movies, and the media? they represent a fraction of the population yet an immense % of the wealth. Do you think it has to do with how they are brought up and how hard working they are?

That is an excellent response they are better educated, work harder and excel themself like all races should. How ever with all these assets they fall short in one area and one massively......How to be able to see themself in a position of truth about the Palestinians. ie: The Holocaust that they so regularly refer to is in effect a paradox because now they have become the "OPPRESSOR" with full US backing.

To spell it out for those who just don't get it...Gaza is one great big massive prison, and a week ago they broke out to get food which should indicate to people that they broke down their "Prison Wall".

[edit on 2-2-2008 by mazzroth]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

It is nice to find atheists that I can agree with. It is refreshing to hear of people as a collective, rather than the browns, the whites, the reds, or the yellows.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Actually this raises a huge question: are they (those who are in power) unable to see themselves in a position of truth, or are they purposefully trying to bury the truth?

[edit on 2-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I think it's a little simpler than that. Hollywood just uses the country of origin of those that the west has a predisposition to fear. The antagonist in Blade3 was from Iraq(WoT). 20 years ago, the antagonist in Rocky4 was Russian, or Croc Dundie2 Spanish.(Cold War, War on Drugs) Crappy examples but you get the point.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't know, man. Hollywood has been stereotyping Arabs (and by extension, Muslims) since before the end of the Cold War.

Planet of The Arabs - video compilation of Hollywood Bigotry

PS - italkyoulisten, the term they used in the movie "Thank You for Smoking" was RAVs, "Russians, Arabs and villains."

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid, I am not singling out Arabs. I am saying that they are one of the peoples who are generally portrayed as evil. I think the Planet of the Arabs video is a pretty good compilation of negative portraying of Arabs.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To bring this topic up to date with current events the Holocaust crowd need to read this...www.rense.com...

How is it possible to imprison people for questioning an event 60 years old and yet these criminals go around with impunity doing siilar/worse things ?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apolon
That statement of yours and others similar ones are exclusive and is root of the problem why so many people are pis..d of with Jews because they seem to monopolize everything even compassion by default.

I think the problem I have with this statement is that it assumes some sort of organized, mass manipulation by a group of people somewhat arbitrarily described as "Jews". Earler in this thread we have heard the term "Zionists", and at this stage in the discussion we seem to be talking about Israeli foreign policy. Does anyone who shares Apalon's view point even acknowledge that there is a distinction between the three terms "Jew", "Zionist" and "Israeli"?

You can dislike a particular Jewish prayer (though if you're an atheist I can't see why on earth it matters that believers don't pray for you) - but I don't see the direct link between that and being "pis..d of with Jews". You can suggest there is a zionist conspiracy at work in the world, but I don't see that gives you the right to be "pis..d of with Jews". And you can strongly disapprove (as I do) of Israeli foreign policy. But that's not to say you can justifiably be "pis..d of with Jews". Tony Blair went to war in Iraq as a self-professed Christian. I thought he was wrong to do so, and am appalled at the consequences. But that doesn't mean I can be "pis..d of with" Christians. The Catholic church conspired to hush up rampant paedophilia amongst its priests in Ireland - but that doesn't mean I ought to be ""pis..d of with Christians". And simply because the Catholic church might not approve of contraception, which I consider narrow-minded, naive and dangerous, I don't have the right to be "pis..d of with" Catholics.

The fact is that in my view, all this discussion ought to be "off topic" (see the OP) because I don't see a direct link between antipathy towards Judaism and the suggested over-emphasis on Holocaust history in the education system. But because underlying the antipathy towards holocaust history is an antipathy towards Judaism, it isn't regarded as off-topic, it's an assumed convention in anti-holocaust memory discussion. Which is a shame, because resentment is not in itself evidence of anything at all.

LW

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
LW, I won't even try to go into deeper discussion over this even further. Firstly I hate to write long and if I do it means exactly what I said, not what you twisting in your replays.
Once again visit and read thoroughly this web site:

www.jewsnotzionists.org...

That explains everything from Jewish point of view. They acknowledge Zionist movement and Nazi policy so no need to listen to us then.
They trying to fight them off, I can only help them as much as I humanly can.
As for praying for me, no need but for others is very important and that one sided prayer is a deadly weapon.
All my friends and relatives are Atheist and the best People I've ever met.
Believing in God or in nature of Universe as I do doesn't make someone good or bad. People through the history committed most horrific crimes exactly in the name of "all mighty" if I'm wrong correct me.
I am pacifist but I could kill for good cause.
If they can who is anyone else to tell me that I am bad if I spit at the Nazi-Zionist and the rest of the pigs. I apologize to those divine animals I meant human pigs.
None of the Atheist I know is a cold blooded killer like those in Israel and white house, yet they are the ones who always saying God bless America, God bless us all while exterminating entire continents. Please lets not go there at all..
What a hypocrisy!

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apolon
LW, I won't even try to go into deeper discussion over this even further. Firstly I hate to write long and if I do it means exactly what I said, not what you twisting in your replays.
Once again visit and read thoroughly this web site:

OK, Apolon - I'm sorry if you thought I was twisting your words, I wasn't trying to (in fact I thought I was directly quoting you). What I was trying to draw attention to was the distinction that needs to be made between three different groups of people - Jewish people, Israeli people, and Zionists. You are right to point out that the site you've linked to does point out that discrepancy. I felt that the way you phrased your last post did not.

To move the debate along - something I noticed in the news this morning - Link to BBC article. I had wondered how much of a difference there was between the US and the UK with regard to holocaust education. The existence of the scheme described here could be taken one of two ways, it seems to me. Either a) that actually the overwhelming emphasis of this sort of teaching is placed on the Jewish holocaust, or b) that actually the UK history curriculum has become so washed out that topics like this have to be included as extra-curricular activities masquerading as part of the syllabus.

I have to say I slightly come down on the side of b). To send two pupils from every school seems rather pointless - either it's worth the whole school learning from or not at all, surely? I don't recall a great deal of study of the holocaust specifically - only, as it were, in passing as part of a wider study of the second world war. Is this scheme a PR exercise to fob off those who lobby the UK government for more awareness of the holocaust?

Not sure if there's any other UK-based posters here who could add their thoughts, or anyone from anywhere else that knows of similar schemes.

LW

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a move I don't agree for two reasons!
First and obvious (repeating myself by doing this but what the hell), again only Jewish suffering is remembered and thought even when there was more brutal and killings on far bigger scale executed else where.
That in itself make People more aware of Jewish suffering (Zionist make more billions that goes directly to Israel mighty military to further oppress and slaughter Arabs ) raising even more tensions on Mid East.
Secondly, upsets all other Nations who suffered far more in terms of sheer numbers of People killed in Holocaust and therefore ordinary hardworking honest Jews will get their ass kicked on the street buy some poor misguided kid who feels Jews are getting all the attention rather then fighting the establishment and real culprits of our collective suffering.
Don't be surprise
This is a bad news and will come back to hunt ordinary Jews the way I see it.
This can't be a coincidence. They are speeding up the process and trying to make more People and those poor kids side with them for all the wrong twisted perverted reasons.
Take then to Russia,Chinese camps, Jasenovac, Auschwitz, Buchenwald...
Then you will not make enemies with other Nations. As long as this things are happening and pushing agenda of one People on the expense of the others it will only further infuriate the others.
I think we will agree on this. They can't be that stupid not to realize what this new rule will do for the rest of the world.

Latest scary news:

"President Bush unveiled a $3.1 trillion budget on Monday that supports sizable increases in military spending to fight the war on terrorism and protects his signature tax cuts.

The spending proposal, which shows the government spending $3 trillion in a 12-month period for the first time in history, squeezes most of government outside of national security, and also seeks $196 billion in savings over the next five years in the government's giant health care programs -- Medicare for the elderly and Medicaid for the poor."

3000 BILLION dollars in one year to military to fights against us with our money!!!
We can cure all deceases even death if we wish. It's astronomical waste of money which could take us to the Mars and back 100 times over!
They are speeding up the plan in front of our eyes.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Apolon]

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

If your Mother was starved in a concentration camp, robbed of all her dignity and human rights, repeatedly raped by soldiers, worked so hard she was unable to stand on her own two feet and then finally gassed to death, would you be okay with that so long as twenty Japanese people were executed?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn

If your Mother was starved in a concentration camp, robbed of all her dignity and human rights, repeatedly raped by soldiers, worked so hard she was unable to stand on her own two feet and then finally gassed to death, would you be okay with that so long as twenty Japanese people were executed?

Myrdyn - I thought this thread had drifted into silence and then noticed that you had added the above. I would like to say that I think your post borders on the criminally offensive - what a completely inappropriate thing to say - I've opposed italkyoulisten's views all the way through this thread, but this is about the most offensive post I've read on the subject.

This debate has kept by and large within the confines of constructive, sensible discussion. Sure, this is a hugely emotive issue, and people hold strong views. But I really don't think drawing analogies like that help anyone. If you don't think italkyoulisten has truly grasped the concept, fair enough - but there are ways and means of going about making your point, and that sort of extreme outburst isn't one of them. I don't want to tell anyone how to do their job, and I certainly don't advocate cencorship - but in this instance I would look to the mods to read your post and consider whether that level of unpleasantness is necessary/appropriate for the boards.

As for you Myrdyn, if you can't handle the debate in a mature way, please don't bother to add your views at all.

Thanks

LW

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

Even though we disagree on other fronts I agree completely with above statement of yours.
This has absolutely no basis for debate in any way. Things like that happened I am sure of it but going into extremes with hypothetical questions to prove WHAT?!
I don't want to imagine anything like that happening to anyone let alone someone I care deeply about. That was insane in a way.
Lets leave those massacres to well paid politicians and try to fight and imprison them and not each other.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

Yea. I actually thought the debate was over, because people were proving my point. There is a subconscious programmed response to certain topics that terminates further thought on that topic. The Holocaust is one of them. Another is the topic of whether or not the government is good. Another is the topic of "conspiracy theories". What the guy just said a few posts before is basically another example of this. I still don't know why there is this programmed response against the Holocaust, but the reasoning behind my other examples of programming is quite clear.

Lone Weasel's article can also support the idea of government programming of impressionable school children.

"I am a child. Program me!" - Bruce Haack

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join