It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweeney Todd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Superb.

Sypnosis:
A london man during the plague(Depp) has just been rescued from sea by a young sailor. He is looking for revenge for the murder of his wife his . . .he had been banished due to jealousy over his gorgeous wife by the standing judge. The story revolves around Todd's pursuit of this judge, hate of ordinary citizen's, Search for his daughter, and the relationship he develops with the Lady whom he is sharing a business with (Bonham Carter).

I myself found it a very well played-out movie. The best movie I've seen depp in since The Ninth Gate. Its also a very bloody movie, which is how it caught my eye at first. But nontheless, It was very good. A musical, witty, drama about revenge and how it can get the best of you.

And a Half gestures.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by TyrannyofAmerica]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i've heard so many good things about this movie but the only thing that steers me away is the fact that it is a musical.

im going to be open minded when i see this and i would like to see it in theatres. musicals can be tough to sit through for me but we'll see how it goes.

about how much of the movie would say is actually singing and stuff?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I realy wanted to see this movie, but the theaters in Fargo will not be showing it at all
. Guess I'll have to wait for it on DVD....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I saw it because im a fan of Tim Burton. I loved it, it's really good. People i know who have seen it gave it a bad review but i think that's because they diden't know it was a musical. But yeah it's a good movie.

Originally posted by tetsujin420

I know where you can watch it but i don't think im allowed to say??

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Original_Sin

I know mate, but me thinks I'll wait anyway. Thanks bro!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im so excited to see this. Tim Burton must be one of the most talented film makers around who can create that truely sombre feeling in a movie.
Add to that Johnny Depp who by now must be the best actor around it's has got to be a smashing film

I must admit that the trailer only gave a vague hint about it being a musical and you know how people never really look into what kind of movie they are going to see. (same thing pretty much happend with Death Proof).

After having love Moulin Rouge Sweeney will be a real treat.
I drove down Fleetstreet the other day, but couldn't see any barbershop, hehe.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't know about movies starring Johnny Depp, who plays 'creepy' characters. I haven't seen his latest movie, except the trailer in which he appears to be on some sort of revenge. The trailer, like 'The Ninth Gate', which I watched, is dark and 'creepy'.

I don't like dark and 'creepy' movies, especially when good looking guys like Depp wears all that white-washed makeup and dark eye shadows or liners. Maybe the guy is plain 'creepy' or demonic as his new character portrays in ‘Sweeny Todd.

top topics

join