It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Says He Can Explain Stephenville UFO Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Pilot Says He Can Explain Stephenville UFO Sightings

www.nbc5i.com

A Fort Worth medical helicopter pilot said he knows what caused the strange lights that appeared in the sky near Stephenville last week.

Chuck Mueller was flying a medical helicopter from a Fort Worth hospital, heading south just after sunset last Thursday. He said he saw unusual lights on the horizon near Granbury.

"We were maybe five minutes into the flight when we saw the lights come on, one little orange light, and then another one and another one in sequence across the sky," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before someone injected "flares" into this "Stephenville UFO account."

One has to wonder if it's a SOP to eject flares anytime a UFO is reported near an Air Force Base.

Cheers,
Frank

www.nbc5i.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Why would someone be dropping these "flares" in such quantities over this populated area secretly? Even more bizarre than the event itself. I wonder if the debris from flares will show up on someones lawn?

Nobody knows what they saw who is talking. This kind of stretches credulity. I'm leaning toward an unintended sighting of a military project, or something more unusual.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This theory is pretty much debunked by the article. It goes on to say that there were no military craft in the air that night, and that the lights were actually moving across the sky at a high rate of speed that was un=attributable to even a plane or a helicopter.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I posted this in the main thread on the Texas UFO.

I don't buy this theory, yet what do you believe?.... we have nothing to go on except witnesses.

This story is just going to grow and grow without any image or video.

Oh and don't even think about faking images for fame. We (ATS as a whole) will bust you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Especially since most of north central and central Texas is under a burn ban becuase of drought conditions. Yes, we got a TON of rain last year but it's all dried up now and some towns won't even let ya have a BBQ.

I would think local military bases would know this since they have to live here too, and not endanger their homes or ours by dropping flares.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thank you for pointing out the burn ban. I confirmed it here:

tfsfrp.tamu.edu...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Who drops flares from the sky and they fly through the air.

Aliens.

It proves it the aliens had a space flat tire and needed to signal some help.

That totally makes sense!

Space flares. Perhaps the Swamp gas on venus flared up and reflected of the space flares making them appear to fly.

thats it venus swamp gas!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The orange lights turning on sounds like what I saw in Lafayette In. There the local sherriff said they were flares from Grissom AFB. They kept happening and continue to happen. I saw them on three occasions and they were not flares. They did not lose altitude and generally all proceeded in same direction. Then another light would appear at higher elevation behind all the others. Besides there wasn't enough light from these to do any good on battlefield anyway..Flares have been around for decades and there is little need to constantly test them

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I received a report last night from a colleague who was interviewed by one of the Texas newspapers; he was told there was indeed a "cell-phone-camera" image of the object, albeit it a poor one. They (the paper) chose "not to" run it for those reason(s).

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I posted this in the main thread on the Texas UFO.

I don't buy this theory, yet what do you believe?.... we have nothing to go on except witnesses.

This story is just going to grow and grow without any image or video.

Oh and don't even think about faking images for fame. We (ATS as a whole) will bust you.

I love it. I knew they would give the old Flare story.

Dulcimer next time ATS should make a gentlemen bets thread, on what typical excuse the military will give, because we at ATS have heard the same ones, over and over again.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Realtruth]

top topics

join