It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photos taken over Austin, Texas - Lake Travis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just saw the report for this sighting tonight, 1/16/08 on the Austin local Fox News affiliate. In the interview they said that this person (who works for the local waterworks dept) filmed the sunset at the Oasis restaurant overlooking Lake Travis during the Christmas holidays with his Vivitar digital camera. He said that he was taking a picture of the sunset over the lake (which many people do, it's gorgeous) and saw nothing at the time.

He just got around to downloading it a day or two ago and was surprised to see the odd shape in two of his photos. The photos are not doctored in anyway according to him. He also said in the interview that he has nothing to gain from this and thought he should share it. He came across as very sincere. He doesn't know if it is some sort of camera anomaly or whatever and would appreciate people checking it out for him to let him know 'cause he's really puzzled as he saw nothing other than the sunset at the time.

Here's the link to the news story which includes a link to the photos. I don't know how to download and embed photos, so please help me out here and pull the photos from the story before they take them down, super thanks.

www.myfoxaustin.com...

STM

[edit on 1/16/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
cool! can you notice the greenish color around it?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Heres the picture.It does look like the classic disc shape.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i feel as if i should take my camera with me more often

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Many thanks for posting the photo! Could you also pull the other photo? It's link is on the right side of the news story, it's a light of some sort.

I admit that I know nothing about the workings of a camera, literally just point and shoot is my limit on this subject, but I felt I should post this story as I wasn't sure if any other member had seen the interview. Wish they had posted the interview along with the photos. Thanks again for your help to get the pictures posted,

STM

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, I'm probably wrong here, but the zoomed in version kinda looks like a small gnat or fly on a window or possibly on the camera lens.

It would be interesting to find out if this picture was taken outdoors or through a window.

But hey, what do I know, Im just offering a logical guess.

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi,

I did notice the greenish color around it, does it mean something? Is it some sort of emanation or is it a camera pixel thing?

Also, he said that he was outside on the balcony when he took the photos, not inside by a window.

And the second photo shows a glowing thing over the water with some sort of faint light trail behind it?

STM

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
this kinda reminds me of what happens when you point your lens directly at the sun, how ever i cant explain the shape.

these are not my pictures i got them from GOOGLE.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

It does look very similar. Have you looked at the 2nd photo linked at the news article? The link is just to the right of the article. Thanks for the info, it could be.

STM

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i had not seen the other picture, of course i'm predicting that people will say its a reflection of a boat..... but thats my 2 cents. thanks for sharing this story.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
UFOs

I keep wondering why i get sluffed off when i actually had military involved with my sighting.

I live in Austin Tx and yet after I had a V22 Osprey buzz my dads house in Angel Fire New Mexico..not once,,not twice but friign 4 times yet everyone kooooos and ahhhhs at other sightings sometimes makes me wonder. Its not that im jealous just perturbed

Its a triangle solid to the right of the chimney. Use all the filters you want on it

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

Did your father turn copies of the photos over to the local news channel? Also, I would think that the Guv (or ex-Guv) who saw the Phoenix lights, (not your Guv), would love to see your triangle photos also. Thanks for sharing, cool photo!

STM

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Not trying to be rude but that looks like a bird sitting on the TV antenna. Maybe not but who the heck can say what it is. Technically I guess it is a triangle shaped UFO since we can't prove one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I can tell you what the black shape is it's the sun.

It's built in tech in most cameras and video recording device's these day's that are digital to protect the equipment.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 17-1-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The triangle looks like a stealth fighter. They are based at Holloman AFB in New Mexico and could be flying to one of the many bases in Texas.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i saw something in the nite sky at the same time

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Any old missile silos around Austin, Texas?
I heard saucers could fly right in and be stored.
Contractors were given tunneling jobs on a partial basis so
that no one knew the extent of the underground base.
Many silos were shut down right after construction.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
NOne of the pics are working for me. All have said "this item has been removed" Thanks for the post anyway.

new topics

top topics

join