It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, now that we're talking about nuclear disaster's and nuclear war in general...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What if after one of these nuclear holocaust you found yourself seriously deformed (you couldn't even be considered human by the way you look, and somehow the radiation isn't affecting you anymore - you could possibly be a genetic alteration, a mutant if you will) but miraculously alive? Or say that you were perfectly fine after all hell broke loose, but the world just didn't seem fitting to live on anymore. Would you keep on living, or would you take your own life?
Be honest now. People take their own lives all the time because of situations like these. It doesn't mean you are weak, it just means that sometimes things aren't worth living for.
Personally I am undecided on the issue. On the one hand, I'd hate to be something other than human, but than I think, "hey, I could get used to this." On the other I see this world that was just wonderful, now its just a remnant of it's former self. I think, "do I really want to help rebuild this crap? Do I want to deal with all the riff-raff that will take over? Do I want to struggle to live through all this?" Thats when I think maybe a person is better off by just putting a hole in their head.

What are your thoughts on this otherwise sick subject I have thought up?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
What if after one of these nuclear holocaust you found yourself seriously deformed

You as a person, would NOT be defromed...you would be either dead..or burned..but not deformed,unless the radiation burns are what you are referring to..your genes could be/would be altered by the radiation left over if you survived, it would be your children...if there were people left to procreate that possibly mught be "deformed" or different, but in most cases the radiation would make you sterile so no kiddos anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Assuming that i was deformed, it would depend on the mutation... if it gave me cools powers i'd stick around and have some fun... if not i dunno depends what mood i'm in on the day

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe this life isn't worth for you to live in, but what about the future generations, shouldn't they at least have some idea to what their ancestors lived like or who they were?

I would continue to live on for a while, help others form a small village.

I would write a million stories just to make sure the future generations knows our mistakes and our very few great deeds.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The only deformities, aside from severe burns, will be in the future generations....look up Russia's civilian generational deformities since the accident.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
The only deformities, aside from severe burns, will be in the future generations....look up Russia's civilian generational deformities since the accident.

Yes, and the unique fauna there.... If you looked long enough I bet you could find something which could maybe throw C�sar Nero and his successors off the thone. A sevenheaded horned catbear is perhaps unlikely, but you get my point....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join