It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cover up of the family history of the people in the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Jesus did have brothers and sisters it says he did in more then one gospel.

Not to mention Jospeh was his father, but that doesn't mean he wasn't still the son of God. Jesus and others call him the son of man, but what does God call man is in Genisis? God calls man male and female, not male and female, therefore he's the son of male and female.

Jews back then believed they were all sons of God.

It's true, because we all are children of God. In Mark it even says Jesus has a daughter.

Mark 5:35
While He was still speaking, they came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, "Your daughter has died. Why trouble the Teacher anymore?"

So it's probably true that there's people out there who are from the bloodline of David and not know it.

Also all the disciples had families such as wives and children, and we don't know what happen to them

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Mark 5:35
While He was still speaking, they came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, "Your daughter has died. Why trouble the Teacher anymore?"

Yikes. Terrible misquote. This was not talking about a daughter of Jesus but the daughter of a man who went to Jesus for help.

"While Jesus was still speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. 'Your [Jairus'] daughter is dead,' they said. 'Why bother the teacher [Jesus] anymore?'

It is also explained previously in verses 22-23.

"Then one of the synagouge rulers named Jairus came there. Seeing Jesus he fell at his feet and pleaded earnestly with him, "My daughter is dying..."

[edit on 1/16/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I just noticed that as I reread that part.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Majority of the brother's of Jesus became deciples and didn't get married.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well do you mean before or after they became disciples?

Maybe they didn't after because they already were.

The bible doees say they left their families behind.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

You really need, if you want to know, get out of the "bible box".

The "bible" isn't the absolute athority. Really it is basicly a properganda writing for christianity.

There is like 4 more bibles more worth of infomation avilable to you besides what a group of old men in robes thought you should accept.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I just noticed that as I reread that part.

Oh, thank God! I was hoping people that unobservant weren't really sharing my air space!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Shawn B.

You really need, if you want to know, get out of the "bible box".

The "bible" isn't the absolute athority. Really it is basicly a properganda writing for christianity.

There is like 4 more bibles more worth of infomation avilable to you besides what a group of old men in robes thought you should accept.

Well that's how you precive it, but the book is very magical to me and I think it's a wonderful gift that was given to us. It's just sad that most people don't really understand what the book truly is and what it's REALLY saying/teaching.

What other bibles do you suggest

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
And now that I know you're not a brain dead person, I can answer the rest of your questions, too.
Sorry- I usually answer just a little bit at first to see if the person is open to answers or just being argumentative.

So it's probably true that there's people out there who are from the bloodline of David and not know it.

I'm almost positive there are several (possibly tens of thousands) of descendants from the Davidian line alive today or who still have a fraction of his lineage in their blood. You can ask most people alive today and many are descended from royalty in one way or another from distant lineages. I obviously don't believe they are Jesus' descendants but, yes, there are surely some descendants of David alive today.

Also all the disciples had families such as wives and children, and we don't know what happen to them

This is something I really don't know. I know they had brothers, sisters, and parents because that is mentioned clearly but I don't recall a single reference to wives and children. Not that it is matters if they were married or anything but I don't recall ever hearing this. The apostles could have been married if they had wanted to- there was no spiritual law against it. They most likely weren't since most of them died very young for their faith but it's not a dogmatic fact they were single or married (that I'm aware of).

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Proofs?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

What other bibles do you suggest

I'm prety sure he's reffering to the different version of the bible, there are numerous, and there are 7 popular versions.

NI New International Version
NAS New American Standard Version
NKJ New King James Version
RS Revised Standard Version
NRS New Revised Standard Version
LB The Living Bible
NC New Century Version

All those versions have different interpretations, different translations.

It's like the original translators.interpreters are saying: "we think god meant this:insert interpretation that suits them"
which is pretty presumptuous in my book... If the bible is the word of god (as I've seen stated here on ATS by numerous religious zealots) why would anyone need to make different interpretations of it ?

this is how they should be sold, no matter which version it is:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It's just sad that most people don't really understand what the book truly is and what it's REALLY saying/teaching.

Yes, those people are called Christians. I find it scary that around 2 billion people (or so some Christian claims) could believe that 'the bible', which is questionable at best, is the Word of God.

Remember that bumper sticker that goes something like "I'm special cos God don't make no junk"? Well, the bible is junk, so there's no way in Hell (oops) that God/The Creator/whatever you wanna call him/her/it was involved with it, inspired or otherwise.

The bible is just another book of 'myths' (like those of the Roman and Greek gods) which were inspired by aliens pretending to be gods. I have another post somewhere which details some of the technology and things used by the angels and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Lannock]

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Lannock]

new topics

top topics

join