It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfavorable Pharmaceutical Drug studies don't see print

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Unfavorable Pharmaceutical Drug studies don't see print

www.reuters.com

BOSTON (Reuters) - Nearly a third of antidepressant drug studies are never published in the medical literature and nearly all happen to show that the drug being tested did not work, researchers reported on Wednesday.

And in some of the studies that are published, unfavorable results have been recast to make the medicine appear more effective than it really is, said the research team led by Erick Turner of the Oregon Health & Science University.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would love to say what a shocker, but this is another alarming trend that is usually followed by multi-million dollar lawsuits all up and down the board by people being prescribed these medications that get rammed through the system. These companies have the money to literally buy off the universities doing the studies and the FDA to get approval. Just another large problem plaguing our healthcare system...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
as some one force fed anti depresents this does not surprise me at all. it usualy takes between 5-8 times trying diffrent drugs before they find one that will do anything for me or dosent have horrible side effects, and even then they dont work for longer then a year or so before i have to switch to a new one and start the trial and error process all over again.

edited for spelling

[edit on 1/16/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is not news to me. The whole medical/pharma industry is corrupt. The best thing anyone can do is not take pharmaceutical drugs (or over-the-counter drugs... or eat processed food, which contains dangerous chemicals... same as drugs).

I played the anti-depressant game for 7 years before realizing it was a scam. Changed my diet to organic foods, removed chemicals from my household and got off the zombie pills. It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
sadly for me its not that simple , i happen to be paranoid skitzoaffective with a disasociative disorder. so i cant simply not take my meds last time i just stopped taking my meds i blacked out and woke up a few days later 30+miles away and remembered nothing of the time that i was missing. so i kinda have to be on a tight regamin of variouse pills for diffrent symptoms.

new topics

top topics

join