It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be Blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Man...I'm DIEING to see this! Anyone know why they're only showing it in select theatres? Shoot, I would go tonight if it wasn't...I would have gone a week ago if it wasn't...stupid, I hope they release it everywhere.

I've heard so many good things about this movie...I want to see it so bad. And Daniel Day Lewis is awesome

Anyone thats seen it, without spoiling it, what did you think?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow...has ANYONE seen this?

I Saw it last night..damn..excellent film. This was one of those movies where i was left glued to my chair well after the credits had started rolling trying to piece things together and really just think about what just happened. I was shocked..This is an amazing film. Daniel Day Lewis is probably THE best actor I have ever seen. Dude is amazing.

If anyone has seen Gangs of New York and is familiar with Bill the Butcher get ready to meet Daniel Plainview. Plainview looks Bill the Butcher look meek.

Anyways, I finally figured out why this film was never shown in my home town..well atleast i think i figured it out. The moving brings up some very controversial topics..greed, corruption and probably the biggest, religion. My small town might be a little to close minded and conservative for this type of film.

If any of you decide to see There Will Be Blood..Which i strongly recomend...keep in mind that its not an action film. You need to be ready to sit down for about 2 and a half hours and pay full attention. That shouldn't be very hard though..the story line and acting is captivating

My biggest surprise was how well the kid that didn't talk in Little Miss Sunshine acted...He blew me away..Great actor.

So...in the end i would rate this movie a 5/5..Best film of the year...Well maybe not best but easily tied with No Country For Old Men for the best of the year. As far as DDL goes...Best actor of the year...Hands down.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am just seeing your thread now, sorry haven't been on BTS much as of late.

This movie had piqued my interest from the moment I heard of it and I am waiting eagerly for it to reach our lil ole' theatre on base. Once it hits I shall definitely go see it, especially so now based on your recommendation

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Be sure to come back and tell me what you thought of the movie

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just saw this movie and it was truly film making art.

Danial Day Lewis has mastered his craft like few other.

The only thing that I felt was a bit over the top was the sound track.
The music was way to loud and the exchange between the violin and cello, was a little strident for my tastes and distracted from what was transpiring on the screen.

Otherwise It was great. I left the theater shaken by it's overall power.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
YESSSSSSSS

so glad you saw it whaaa!!! i knew you would like it!!

jeese isn't DDL AMAZING in that?

after seein' the movie, do you agree with my review? what do you say? best film of the year?

again, im excited you saw this!

oh yea and how many dancing jesters from whaaa's official dancing jester system

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

jeese isn't DDL AMAZING in that?

Absolutly amazing in everything I have seen him in.

No rating from me RD, your review was spot on.

new topics

top topics

join