It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Signal from Outer Space Heard by Arecibo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I hate to burst anyones bubble, but seti is a total sham. They have been reciving signals for years, but are being supressed.

just look at this massive crop circle that apeared smack dad in front of a government controlled radio telecope that has 24/7 survalience, being used by seti.

www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by MrAndy
Whoa wait a second, wasn't there a member on here a few days ago that said he picked up a single?

That's a great point. Well, guess I better clean up the kitchen...You think they prefer Gin or Vodka?

I vote vodka. The water of life. Hey TrueAmerican, I enjoy your posts; keep 'em coming. Re the signal from space, I called a friend of mine at Kitt Peak Observatory and she will be on the lookout for data, info, or crosstalk.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
www.earthfiles.com...

This is a Link to The Story released on Erthfiles, regarding
"The Possible Alien Signal's Detection".
I understand that after the *initial news was released,
there was a 'media-blackout on the subject/event'.
This is what remains as thr truth as I can find, of what
The Radio-Telescope, TRULY picked up! I hope it is real;
Yet commpassionate, benevolent, and "full of *The Force"!
Peace,
*Shelly
LibBLVRdoc

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
reply to post by MrAndy

Yes, it was Hello123456 Here is the link to the thread:

I have signal

How cool is that? We have a member that has it all recorded.

That thread is full of a lot of nothing. I mean no disrespect, however, I would urge others to read that OP's other threads before placing too much into this.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm not up to reading the entire thread but what I read in a different news release was that Arecibo picked up a radio signal that indicates the presence of a basic amino acid in a star system some 200+ million LY away. If that is the case then it means the chemical basics were present 200+ million years ago in that particular star system for life to have formed.

Is this not the same discovery?

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
actually this is why I went out from the SETI @ home network , as I realized that in the event of an alien signal the people on power would ban the info anyway . Plus I strongly believe that we do have contact (direct or indirect ) with ET already . There are enough profs that they were here long long time ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wonder if scientist do find Other being out there would they tell us, if so what would they do to their civilization?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Hello All,

I find it somewhat amusing but also disturbing that people still have these stupid egoistic concepts that if we were to contact an external civilisation that we would be somehow in danger by communicating with them, even in the year 2009. C'mon, gimme a break. You really think that if an advanced civilisation were to come in contact with us, we would be in danger if we contacted them? I think NOT. So then all the messages we have been sending out until now should be stopped, just like you should never walk out of your house because you might get run over by a car or a tree might fall on your thick skull _javascript:icon('
') Although, whatever you think about you bring about so please, do go anywhere anymore because you might be killed... Sigh...
Your message also reminds me of the opening scene in 2001 A Space Odyssey where the Ape bashes a large bone on another ape and kills it. (I'm sure you catch my drift now).

Do you really believe that an advanced civilisation wouldn't already know we were here? I think YES they already know. And I also believe that if they wanted to do us harm, it would have been done ages ago and we wouldn't have even felt anything during the process. Critical Mass, I think you watch too much brain mashing bs TV shows which have brought your brain to critical mass. And I bet you are over 35 years old too! With that type of reganistic mentality... such a dominant feature in your message...

So the point I am trying to make is lets all for once and for all, try to get to the truth and somehow find out what type of data this signal contains by sharing information for a start.
Then we can all move forward from there. We, the people, have the power to change the world and one of our methods is the Internet. I think its quite silly to publish such a huge story like this on just one site! I mean, isn't that silly? With such information like this, you would try to plaster this info to as many places as possible so that if a certain body or government wanted to sanitise or remove the information, they couldn't.
We have the means and the means is the INTERNET, while we can anyway...

I think that common sense should prevail here so I hope that if someone gets their hands on more information, it should be shared with as many persons as possible so we can really stop the insane coverups and psychological warefare against the people once and for all. Freedom to all! (And this includes freedom of knowledge without sanitisation or doctoring of the truth). Do you want persons or governments telling you what you can and can't do and what you can and can't know? I for one do not and I am sure I am with the vast majority here.

So is there someone on this forum that has more information about this signal?
Info like:
A) Where does the signal originate (from which planet or star or cluster etc... ?)
B) At what Frequency was the signal on?
C) What local oscillator frequency was used?
D) What type of signal was it? (ie. Was it an analogue signal or digital signal or a burst or cluster of bursts etc... and did it have any identifiable type of modulation ?)
E) Did it contain encrypted information or was it raw data or video or audio etc...?
F) Is there a link that we can download what was received so that some of us interested enough to spend the time to understand this more can have a crack at decrypting this info?

Hopefully, someone can come forward with this information (because I know its out there) so that we can really get to the truth... quickly! instead of chit chatting bs and wasting our time...

YinYang Logic

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If we recieved a signal in the radio range, then send out one in the high infra-red, or high uv range and they will think we are advanced and leave us alone. Anyone who operates a back-yard radio-telescope would know that.

That will give a nearly instant reply to this message, and they will know not to mess with us.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

I realize you're new here, but this thread is from over 2 years ago. Surely you saw this.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Another Vodka

I vote vodka. The water of life. Hey TrueAmerican, I enjoy your posts; keep 'em coming. Re the signal from space, I called a friend of mine at Kitt Peak Observatory and she will be on the lookout for data, info, or crosstalk.

Switch to scotch. Kitt Peak is optical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join