It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition for new Consciousness Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You've got my support, its hard to get responses on this topic as much of the attention on this board goes to the ghost vid threads.

Of course, if we are allowed to talk openly about conciousness in a new board, we should be able to talk about conciousness expansion aswell.

Though I doubt that part will go very far.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Of course, if we are allowed to talk openly about conciousness in a new board, we should be able to talk about conciousness expansion aswell.

Though I doubt that part will go very far.

pssst...otherwise we´ll never get the forum up.

We have petitioned for this such a long time now, through various channels...that if we dont get a response from staff soon, we are going to call "conspiracy!"

Cmon staff...even a negative answer is better than none.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You got my vote

Calling it quantum consciousness just seems unneccessary. Just call it the consciousness forum or something similarly modest.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You've got my endorsement. ATS needs a forum for such subjects.

I vote for a Consciousness or Philosophy forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I support this 100%

I would love to see a forum dedicated to the more mental aspects of things.
I would love to take part in the meditation section especially.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea.. Although, much of what your talking about could also be done in the research forum. The problem with many of the research threads is that it is hard to get people to participate. So, maybe consciousness does need its own section here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm all for creating a consciousness forum. Perhaps we should use our consciousness to "make" ATS create this forum for us haha. Let me just thank ATS ahead of time for this new forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by midniteracerx
I'm all for creating a consciousness forum. Perhaps we should use our consciousness to "make" ATS create this forum for us haha. Let me just thank ATS ahead of time for this new forum.

good one

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I think it would be a good idea.. Although, much of what your talking about could also be done in the research forum.

I agree, SpeakerofTruth.
I would not want the Consciousness Research forum to disappear.

But if handled correctly (such as with copious citations in the public forum to read-only areas in the research forum) both could be enhanced.

Some stuff might even be moved from the public to research areas (with careful weeding -- you know there will be a lot of frivolous and erroneous stuff posted in the new form, naturally! (That’s is what will make the new forum fun!))

See my earlier post in this thread, saying the same basic thing, a few messages back....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

I dont think the conciousness research thread would disappear. In fact I think that if this new board gets created, that thread should be moved into it and stickied.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
And the reason might be that the subject matter attracts a hoard of cultists, snake-oil-salesmen, marketeers, self-proclaimed gurus and whackos.

Ummm. I am not sure the possibility of attracting the aforementioned could be the reason they are ignoring this request. Have you read widely on this site? Lol.
Perhaps we simply have not clearly defined what is problematic with the status quo for them. Or shown them the benefits of the proposed change. I agree with you though, any comment, positive or negative regarding this issue from the staff would be helpful.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Count me in. I like it and would love to hear what others have to say in this area.

Here is a thread I started in regards to the very topic, because I was frustrated about that very area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I deffinately want to see this happen.

It is deffinately something that is very REAL... one can argue more real than anything that is going on here. I've actually decided to devote a good portion of my life to try and point this out. I want to open peoples eyes to a new concept. This stuff gets such a bad reputation but if critics only knew what kind of analytical thought goes into it, they might change their opinion. It's not about blindly believeing something, its not some religion. It's about realisation. The discovery of truth within, not in some book.

I don't think people realise that when you meditate, you remove all clutter of thoughts from your mind, and what's left there is complete GOLD. Your whole perception of reality changes as the meditation gets deeper. When you come out of it you feel at peace with the universe, and in some cases like you're walking on mars!

Just recently a lady predicted precisely everything signifigant I've done or thought this month down to precise dates. She predicted all of this last december, based on my birthday and apparently a strong bond we created with each possibly before I was even born. But maybe she's just crazy? I don't think so. If you're one who thinks there is such a thing as co-incidences, I've had about over 50 in the past 2 years..

Most of theose "co-incidences" were actually predicted about me when I was about 12... and I didn't even talk to that person who predicted it, she talked to my aunt. She sure knew alot about me, or a lot about what I would do and become.

I think if the people running this site did their research on this particular subject, they might be swayed to believe in validating this forum.

But don't get me wrong, they go way above and beyond for everything else

Don't you see? We love this site, and we're doing this because we want to make it better!.

Good job biggie.

Keep up the fight SkyFloating! haha

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

And the reason might be that the subject matter attracts a hoard of cultists, snake-oil-salesmen, marketeers, self-proclaimed gurus and whackos.

This site does that with all of its topics. It seems like we have every kind of person on here, which is great. We ALLL... need to work to discover the truth. We'are all on this planet together boys and girls, so lets' give each other a hand.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
This site does that with all of its topics. It seems like we have every kind of person on here, which is great. We ALLL... need to work to discover the truth. We'are all on this planet together boys and girls, so lets' give each other a hand.

What a nice statement. The powerful intent behind it can almost be felt through the screen.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The brain is a terrible thing to waist at the disposle of an absolute profound notion to decide where life goes in the moment.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

ahh thanks man
I mean every word of it.

This is very important stuff. It helped me realise what a bastard I used to be.
Serious though.. This stuff helps you become the master of your own being. It puts you on the path where you wanna be.

Now if only everyone could do this...

Dae

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is a good suggestion but I think you need to widen the net a little bit, so I reckon if you mixed this idea with mine we could have a rocking new board!

Im gonna respost in part my thread but change the word Cult to Consciousness.

Posted by Dae, on November 10, 2006 at 07:30 GMT

New Board Suggestion - Consciousness, Mind Control & Memetics

Anything of the mind that isnt paranormal or a medical conspiracy.

-Cults-
New cults and old, yes includes religions too but MUST be of 'The Mind', aspects of religions or ideologies that are intended to act as thought guidlines and/or manipulation

-Ideas-
Conspiracy theories (in general not specific), hollywood genres, media outlook, paragrim shifts, [books & films ], hoaxes/myths, implantation of previously unknown information states; re-emergence or instigation of other, perhaps older thought processes

-Mind Control-
Old and new, evidence, 'show & tell', multiple information states, forced state changes

-Mind minipulation-
Subliminal messeges, consumer exploitations, cell towers, viral marketing, 'e-mail gossip', known and new psychological tatics, technology
(corporate use of information state warfare [ISW],)
(use of images/symbols/concepts to 'move' unrelated entities based on subconscious reasoning)

-Social control-
TV, fashion industry, corporate research, money, caste systems, music, newspapers, capitalist approach to ISW

-Dogma -
(A code of beliefs accepted as authoritative)
Education, corporate work place, banking, police & army, communities (science, religion and medical have their own boards to discuss their dogmas so I left them out), enforcement/re-enforcement of information state.

To help make this clear I have added some examples why we would benifit from this new board. Ive bolded out the name of the relevant boards that certain topics would probably go in.

Schizophrenia - Paranormal = Spirtual contact, unknown forces
Schizophrenia - Medical Conspiracy = medication, virusus, treatment,
Schizophrenia - Consciousness, Mind Control & Memetics = known forces, triggers, social control

Deja vu - Paranormal = ESP, dreaming of the future
Deja vu - Medical Conspiracies = anti-psychotic treatment, epilepsy, disorder
Deja vu - Consciousness, Mind Control & Memetics = re-creation in labotory, external manipultaion

Money - Political Conspiracies = fruad, corruption, poverty
Money - Education & Media = student loans, corporate funding
Money - Consciousness, Mind Control & Memetics = social control, debt, greed, banking system

So maybe if we flesh out your idea with some of mine, it might actually happen (as in seeing a new board for 'the mind').

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

Now if only everyone could do this...

I smiled until I read this statement. Do you know why?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can't wait till this happens!

Good idea and well put together thread.

Even those who expressed discontent shed some light on how change can be uncomfortable.

I am all for it.

It will be great to share on some topics that are specifically targeting areas that enable us to increase our levels of personal awareness and how others are learning to percieve it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join