It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[ Dune = long freemasonry commercial?? ]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I was referring to Leonidas's role in the movie meat.

So was I. You're attempts to claim that Leonidas 'knew what God wanted' was n incorrect attempt to force a religion that clearly wasn't his upon his memory.

Sorry that I insulted your intelligence

No worries; in order to insult my intelligence you'd have to be as smart as- or smarter than- I am ... so rest assured that there's no way you'd ever be able to insult my intelligence.

but back on topic it was the Persians who ruled most of Egypt and as I said a moment ago I'm well aware of the history books and the greek myths but I was just pointing out the message that the movie was conveying to me. You choose to overlook that and detur down a different path for some reason.

Nope, not 'for some' reason but rather down a different path than you: a path of reason.

You seem to want to continually twist easily researched history into something that it's not. It was the Persians who fought at the Battle of Thermopylae, not - as you stated - the Egyptians.

Not only is that the history, but it's also pointed out repeatedly in the movie. If you are getting a different message ... then perhaps you were in the wrong theater.

Your pal,
Meat.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by mmmeat]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

Meat, to help fortify your position there were Egyptian Marines and Naval personel participating in the Persian invasion but their was no involvement on their part in Thermopylae. They did however clash with the Athenian navy on several occasions and disembark Marines at Salamis. They eventually fled the Aegean after Xerxes executed their commanders for what he thought was their ineptitude.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Choronzon

Maybe this will refresh your masonic memory: the series "Sleeper Cell"? An american propaganda perhaps?
This is a site of information? Geee I want to see how a site of DIS-information looks like! :-D

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Another thing which I noticed just recently was the Emperor's Flagship. It is a golden pyramid, where the topstone is actually the ship which seperates:

Edit: Sorry for the lowres images, but you can see it seprated and connected in the final sequence of the movie.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
David Lynch has always been a fan of building symbolism and stuff considered "secret" or "secret society"-related (according to his perception of what secret societies are) into his movies and TV Series.

Why some people are trying to deny this in this thread? I have no idea. Maybe they are over-sensitive to anti-masonic conspiracy theory.

Why some people are trying to take this as evidence of a massive conspiracy? I have no idea. Lynch is just having a bit of fun with symbolism and the language it speaks to the subconscious.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Another thing which I noticed just recently was the Emperor's Flagship. It is a golden pyramid, where the topstone is actually the ship which seperates:

I was going to mention the pyramid type ships and even a Stargate connection.

Okay, what the movie Children of Dune, does this have any hidden meaning or connection other than title.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
David Lynch has always been a fan of building symbolism and stuff considered "secret" or "secret society"-related (according to his perception of what secret societies are) into his movies and TV Series.
Sure, but most, if not all of the things you've mentioned so far are in the book, so unless there is a particular Lynchian embellishment I'm not recognizing, I'd say you'd be better off saying Frank Herbert put the "secret" stuff in, not Lynch.

All that being said, I've personally held for a while now that Dune really has more in common with Lawrence of Arabia. David Lean's film came out two years before Herbert's novel. You've got a blue-eyed representative of the empire integrating himself with a desert tribe, having an unusual affinity to their manners and customs. He leads the natives in an uprising, while having divided allegiances.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Masonic Light
First let me say that the "Dune" movie sucked.

Testify!

David Lynch was so distraught over the finished product (which had been mutilated by the De Laurentis "final cut") that he removed his name as director and allowed that most prolific of Directors "Alan Smithee" to take the blame. Blame cannot rest entirely with De Laurentis studios. I'm a big fan of Mr. Lynch, but he did a terrible job with that film.

The only redeeming feature of that film was the wonderful Kenneth McMillan's over the top job as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

While I do believe that many films have been used as clarion calls for the coming age (2001: a Space Odyssey or the films of David Cronenberg spring to mind). I have difficulty in seeing what the OP has envisaged with this terrible, terrible film.

[Edit to add]

Great movie to put on when you need to sleep though.

[edit on 25/3/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

the israelites were scattered around the world amongs the people so where ever one went best believe he or she kept there traditions as giving to them by god King Leonidas was an israelite who found home in greece & was the only one brave enough in greece to stand up aganist Xeres..because most of greece were coward the read about the israelites they were ruthless on the battlefield & the israelites are known to always lose wars they win battles but never wars til the return of the one you call Jesus & us israelites call Yahoshua which means Yah is the Salvation YAH being the one most call God & us israelites refer to him as The Most High The God above All Gods yes indeed there where other gods but they we're gods not the God...the God of the Israelites is the creator of All thats precious & beautiful ugly & evil as well & he is also a Jealous God & commands that no one whether israelite or not place no other..NO OTHER god before him for he his the lord

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i do think that there was some interesting symbolism in dune, some of which could have (in Lynch's mind) been attributed to the masons or other such group, though i have no doubt that "Freman" was to mean "Freeman". The Freman never considered themselves to be slaves, just that their world was occupied by outside forces.

I think that to say it "Sucked" is a bit harsh, yes it could have been better, and yes it certainly could have been more faithfull to F.H.'s book. but considering when it was made, it could have been worse.

If you serious have a beef with Lynch's dune, try the sci-fi channels version. It was well worth the watch and continued on through children of dune.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The OP is absolutley on the right track...although I don't think the Masonic connection is direct. The series has within it many esoteric teachings, for sure, and this can indirectly related back to Masons.

Frank Herbert may not have been a Mason although his Dune series was chock full of what could be called "masonic imagery" or Masonic Symbolism. This is interesting butt not shocking. Alot of Masonic symbols do not have to be exclusivley "Masonic". I think the correct term would be "esoteric" or in accordance with the ancient Mysteries, whether they be Egyptian or Sumerian or whatever.....

There are general aspects of the story itself which could be described as "symbolic".

Here some things, off the top of my head, of possible Masonic connections in the book series :

1) The Spice : very obviously based on Manna [ which Frank actually literally refers to], a substance with known geriatric properties and which has been used since ancient times. Hal Putthof has openly spoken about such substances as "exotic matter". It is also called Highward Fire Stone. Masonic alchemists are very interested in this matter, for it is the real non-allergorical Philosophers Stone.
Obviously the actual real life matter is not quite the same as the cinnamon smelling spice in the novels butt the connection is very clear. Philalethese himself wrote himself that "Our stone is a very fine white powder ! "

2) He uses the word "Desposyni" in book three, Children Of Dune. This is an allusion to the fact that the Atreides bloodline are just as important as Jesus own family, and are here to serve mankind for a special purpose. LETO the second considers his reign as "holy", and with terrible purpose. Any type of serious study into these types of desposynic bloodlines will always cross paths with what today is called Freemasonry.

3) Bene Gesserit : "Witches" that exist only to serve, and improve the human race...only females allowed. They have a religious/spiritual pretensions and are the common thread running through all political factions in the known universe. The sex has been reversed. Females are the keepers of the ancient mysteries in Franks world. The author has digs at Masons through his awesome Bene Gesserit creation quite often through the series. In book 5, heretics, a Reverand Mother finds some ancient messages left by the God Emperoro Leto II , etched in stone. The last message reads.." How will you meet your end...as no more than a secret society ? Memories mean nothing if they do not call you to noble purpose ! ".

4) Alia , or St. Alia of the Knife : This cute little bloodthirsty munchkin is the physical embodiment of the ancient ISIS mysteries, being that she is both whore and saint. This is ancient Egyptian mystery school 101.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh man, not another one of these threads...

Dune is a Sci-Fi movie...a good one at that. Nothing more, nothing less.

OP's references to freemasonry are a

FAR, FAR, FAR REACH!!!

A little off topic...I saw that movie for the first time as a child and had a hard time wrapping my young brain around the folding space thing. Now that I understand it, very cool movie.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

No it is not a cool movie it's a horrible abomination, a complete failure. Lynch couldn't have got it more disastrously wrong. I hope the new film doesn't turn out to be another epic fail.

The op saw esoteric imagery which he desribed as 'Masonic', This may have been a technical error, butt it doesn't matter. I quite often see "Masonic" and "esoteric" as interchangeable anyways.

My reply itself could be described as 'off topic' seeing as though I mainly spoke about the novels. Butt it's an interesting subject, chiefly because the Dune series could NEVER be described as just "Science Fiction." That would imply that the author had terrible trouble writing prose with any meaning. Frank had no such trouble.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not cool by todays standards, but I liked it. Personally, I thought it was a cool movie.

Not for nothing, but one could find masonic symbolism in anything if one was looking hard enough.

reply to post by WormTyrant

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join