It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI gets possible hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted yet (and yes I searched
this could be cool. we should have someone call to verify.

www.ktvu.com...

mod edit: cap title

[edit on 1/16/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
wow, I really hope that they are able to find something from that. That would be great to finally have some sort of proof that there is something out there

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There is a thread on this:

Possible Signal

Notice that someone tried to derail the thread, but the MOD got it inline again.....good info in it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just called SETI and they said they have a "possible" signal, but they have to go through a bunch of data. They said the internet news article jumped the gun. As of now they don't have any signal.

So I guess we'll just have to wait this one out.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ufo reality - nice work! you are raddness!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I just called SETI and they said they have a "possible" signal, but they have to go through a bunch of data. They said the internet news article jumped the gun. As of now they don't have any signal.

So I guess we'll just have to wait this one out.

Can someone else call SETI as well? I didn't realize that anyone can call them and talk to someone who know's what's going on.

I need confirmation.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Will SETI admit to it if it was one ? Even if some working there who'd want to disclose?

Big guns have the say unless they are preparing for what was predicted that we will be "introduced" that ET life does exist in near future.

Still be checking in without doubt as the last sighting (Texas) "without" video evidence got quite a bit of prime airtime...but then so is crazy Cruise on Scientology.

Maybe another WOW signal ..just a real WOW this time..

The link is ....

Article Not Available
The story you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by qonone]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
...... i just read this: Article Not Available
The story you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site.

can someone post the article please.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Article down, NEED REPOST OF original!!!!! stat.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This link was originally posted by thechi on a different thread(Original post of link by thechi).

It explains the miscommunication.

SETI has responded...See the link below.
SETI

[edit on 16-1-2008 by defuntion]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Bogus news reports that we found a "mystery" signal should be summarily ignored. This was a gross misinterpretation by a reporter of an quick comment Dan made off the record about AstroPulse progress and recently published millisecond pulsar findings by another group. These are new stellar phenomena which are astronomically interesting (and AstroPulse hopes to find many of) but not ET. Sigh. SOURCE

Of course, there are folks who will not believe this "debunking" or denial that a "mysterious signal" has been found.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Believe what you want but this is a BOGUS REPORT! At least it's "bogus" according to SETI researcher, Matt Labofsky. I know that there are those who will quickly scream "foul"! and that "its' a cover-up" but I choose to believe SETI's own. If SETI has been misquoted, it's up to SETI to set the record straight and that's exactly what they have done......

RELATED ATS THREADS:

Mystery Signal from Outer Space Heard by Arecibo

I have a signal

[edit on 1/16/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is good news either way you look at it......

If the astronomer community wants a new type of collision to explore, this is their ticket.

If the UFO community wants a ET communication frequency to explore, this is their ticket.

WIN WIN

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Rumors have been flying in recent days that the SETI project has received a strong signal from space...which mostly amounts to a heaping helping of shoddy journalism...Somehow, in the article the reporter mixed up the observation of the transient signals with detecting a signal from E.T.'"

SOURCE

More backup info, from Slashdot. Looks like it wasn't a hit, unfortunately. Take a look at some of the comments -- pretty funny and sad.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I hope beyond hope that it is a contact.

top topics

join