It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Prisoners To Be Deported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

200,000 Prisoners To Be Deported

www.nbcsandiego.com

Formal charges were brought against 164,000 immigrants in 2007 for crimes committed in the United States. Many of those who were charged are still in the United States. Under the new plan, their deportations could be expedited.

Currently, immigrants convicted of crimes are deported only after serving their sentence in this country. Some of the foreigners behind bars were legal residents at one time who lost their legal status after their criminal convictions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com
www.nevadaappeal.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Florida's Immigrant Inmates May Be Deported

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that, after an illegal immigrant is convicted of a crime that he is not deported IMMEDIATELY, because he is an illegal immigrant!

This also includes immigrants that WERE here legally also, because as soon as they are convicted of a crime they lose their legal status to stay in our country.

Florida is also looking to do this with their illegal immigrants in Florida State Prisons.

I say it's about time! Send the illegal criminal immigrants back to their own country!

www.nbcsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This just goes to show how desperately broken this country’s immigration policy has become. Not only do we allow these people to enter our country illegally and commit crimes, but when we catch them, we use US tax dollars to keep them in prison!

Good for them for kicking these people out. If we had more tough examples like this against illegal immigration it might start to swing things in the right way.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is good news.

I think the old policy was appropriate for the times, but the situation no longer is what it was.

In the past, it did make sense for illegal alien criminals serve time before being deported, but the cost to our system is overwhelming.

Overall, this will benefit everyone, although there will be some negative repercussions.

[edit on 2008/1/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i agree that this is good news, less tax dollars being wasted im pro immagration but there is a legal means to go about it and if thats good for the rest of the immigrants than it should be good for others wanting to live here.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Send them back? Are you nuts? They got here before they'll make it back. Ship them to Africa. When asked why tell the truth. "They wanted out of their country and we decided hey, they wanted out we'll make sure they're waaaaay out of their country by putting an ocean between them and their former country."

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't know what to do about the immigration problem but this purposel to send back 200,000 illegals seems more like rightwing pandering than a serious approach to the problem.

Without secure borders, what is to keep the deported from returning?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join