It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making flies vanish with the power of thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So there I was, having an egg and mayo sandwich. All was good until a fly appears and starts buzzing me. I try to swat it away with my hands but as is expected, the bugger manages to take evasive action and comes back for another pass at me. It keeps on flying towards my meal and annoys me with it's aerial acrobatics in a way only flies can.

After a short period of this, I've had enough. I decide to kill it, so I grabbed a couple of rubber bands because I'm a pretty good shot with it. The moment I have the rubber bands in my hand, the fly completely disappears from view. This greatly annoys me. It isn't the first time this scenario took place. As a matter of fact, this has happened numerous times -- too many for me to put a solid figure to it.

Consequently, I have tried to think about it in a rational manner. If it was a fly-swatter that I picked up, I can surmise that the fly could have "smelled death" lingering on the contraption. But this was a fresh new rubber band. So maybe it was the rubber band itself. However, my mother and my sisters have tried the tactic (placing rubber bands on the table) but it did not work unless my father or myself was present (my father taught me how to shoot flies with rubber bands).

It is almost as though the flies can pick up my thoughts, my intentions to kill it, and know that I am well capable of such action. I mean, come on, flies can't actually read my thoughts, or can they?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It is almost as though the flies can pick up my thoughts, my intentions to kill it, and know that I am well capable of such action. I mean, come on, flies can't actually read my thoughts, or can they?

Is that an actual question...?

Let me put it "esoterically": they ARE your "thoughts" (and everything else).
Anyway, good for them; and I hope you profit from this "lesson". ; )

BTW, I mistakenly read the subject line as "making FILES disappear with the power of thought" - and oh, I had SUCH hopes...!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Interesting, I personally try to catch the fly and put it out the window, I know sounds silly lol, but It makes me feel better, because killing them would make me feel bad
, anyway I've had this happen too, where it seems to disappear once I start to try and catch it. They are probably more clever than we give them credit.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Interesting, I personally try to catch the fly and put it out the window, I know sounds silly

Silly?!
Not at all! They are living creatures.

I don't get very many flies since I've started using essential oils (more than 10 years ago), but with spiders, for example, I make a "loop" out of toilet paper and catch them with it, so they sit on it like on a swing, and then I relocate them somewhere safe...

P.S. They have to be pretty low for that to work, of course... ; )

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Yeah, it's an actual question. I wanted to know if anyone else notices this, this 'sixth sense' that flies seem to have.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I bet your thoughts can be a form of vibrational frequency. Can quite possibly be felt by an insect.

If you had a specific thought pattern ("I am going to kill you") and were completely confident that you would have taken out the intruder. The fly may have picked up on this "warning" frequency.

Others may want to kill a fly, but seriously, who can actually do it effectively? Thus, not being able to tell the fly mentally to buzz off or else!

It sounds like your intent to kill is strong enough to send warning signals to the surrounding environment.

So when you grabbed the rubber bands, your brain was vibrating the air with your intent to kill.

Or it could be the fly was smelling some fresh doggy doo, and was attracted to the sweet fragrance.
Just my thoughts..........

[edit on 16-1-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Silly?!
Not at all! They are living creatures.

I don't get very many flies since I've started using essential oils (more than 10 years ago), but with spiders, for example, I make a "loop" out of toilet paper and catch them with it, so they sit on it like on a swing, and then I relocate them somewhere safe...

P.S. They have to be pretty low for that to work, of course... ; )

Well silly to some people, but not to me
of course.

With spiders I get a cup or a glass and put it over the spider, then I slide a piece of paper underneath the cup/glass and turn the glass/cup over with the paper still on the cup/glass, easy, they find it hard to climb up glass haha.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh, I let spiders be. They catch the flies I don't get to kill for me, so I'm on friendly terms with them

And it really doesn't matter how many flies I kill. Like cockroaches, they'll never run out, and living in a tropical country there's really a lot of those around.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Yeah, it's an actual question. I wanted to know if anyone else notices this, this 'sixth sense' that flies seem to have.

Yes I've experienced this for more than ten years.
I do a little chant, not verbally, but in my mind.

It goes:
"Beelzebub, lord of filth, lord of flies, by my will do abide, take this creature from my side"

Fly goes away.
Works every single time!

Not saying that its necessarily the power of an entity, its just my preferred poetry for the process.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

OK, then, here's my actual answer: yes, of course they can "sense" your intentions.

I don't know how they do it, but, to me, there's pretty little doubt that they do (animals in general - not to mention plants).

I suppose the "holographic" theory is comprehensive enough to explain it.
Everything really IS interconnected.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And it really doesn't matter how many flies I kill.

It DOES if you are a fly...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I suppose the "holographic" theory is comprehensive enough to explain it.
Everything really IS interconnected.

Speaking of which, have you read this?
Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"Beelzebub, lord of filth, lord of flies, by my will do abide, take this creature from my side"

Fly goes away.
Works every single time!

Not saying that its necessarily the power of an entity, its just my preferred poetry for the process.

This may be the first (and, I hope, the last) time that I've used this hideous abbreviation... LMAO - because there's no icon expressive enough to convey my thoughts.

You've managed to scare them silly!

BTW: does it have to be chanted in English?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Beach we CAN and DO communicate with creatures.....animals and insects alike.
They do not understand any words we say to them but they DO pick up CLEARLY on the pictures we show them in our mind telepathically. When you visualized killing the fly with the rubber band it went into hiding CLEARLY picking up your intention. Waving your hand at it and feeling annoyed by it does not tell it much, but showing it the idea of it being squashed by the rubber band was a CLEAR picture to it.........

I have no screen door at my apartment and oftentimes in summer flys come in my house. I will tell them and picture in my mind squishing them to death with the fly swat and I will talk outloud to them (more for MY benefit)
"if you guys want to live please get over here by the door and get ready to leave" ( I picture in my mind them flying out free and happy and then I show them staying inside and being hunted and swatted) I give them the choice.
I will then open the door and watch the flys leave.
I will give all the flys a chance to leave as I go into different rooms and let them know its time to go as I plan to spend the next while swatting at them. I am telling you this really DOES work. They will fly very near the door area and go right out when I open it up.......and I only end up chasing one or two flys that did not want to leave. I figure they are choosing to be hunted as they were clearly warned.

Outside when I am buzzed by a Bee I never wave my hands all crazy at it or start dodging around erratically as this SCARES the Bee and they will sting you in self defense. I will picture them dying because they stung me and I will tell them I mean them NO harm, that they have no need to sting me and they always just happily go their own way..(Bees are pretty dang HAPPY critters).....I have not been stung by a Bee in over 35 years..............I am a gardener or both flowers and vegetables and I hang with Bees often. I thank them for all the help with pollination.

I know I can communicate with animals, not just insects..........wild and domesticated. My cat and I have some pretty amazing conversations.

The KEY is showing them pictures in your mind of what your trying to communicate, NOT the words.......they don't 'speak' a language but they DO pick up on the energies of telepathic communication. they KNOW when your telling them something as your intention is directed right at them.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You just made my day with that link... and it's only 1 a.m. where I am!

Thanks.
Extremely interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Just my thoughts..........

Well, they are damn coherent thoughts...

It makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
One thing I know for certain. It doesn't work with mosquitoes. If I could think those little bloodsuckers into non-existence, I would make it my life's work.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well thank you very much

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Can't you just think of them as fairies or something poetical like that...?

P.S./BTW: That IS Dr. Jung, I presume?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
One thing I know for certain. It doesn't work with mosquitoes. If I could think those little bloodsuckers into non-existence, I would make it my life's work.

Why not develop a virus that only targets mosquitoes!

That would surely solve your problem.

Or maybe manipulate some of the genes responsible for the craving for blood and turn them into genes that crave nectar and have them help bees! LOL

I hate them bloodsuckers

Ill join your battle

top topics

<<   2 >>

join