It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-lawmaker charged in terror conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ex-lawmaker charged in terror conspiracy

www.cleveland.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former congressman and delegate to the United Nations was indicted Wednesday as part of a terrorist fundraising ring that allegedly sent more than $130,000 to an al-Qaida and Taliban supporter who has threatened U.S. and international troops in Afghanistan.

The former Republican congressman from Michigan, Mark Deli Siljander, was charged with money laundering, conspiracy and obstructing justice for allegedly lying about lobbying senators on behalf of an Islamic charity that authorities said was secretly sending funds to terrorists.

A 42-count indictment, unsealed in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Mo., accuses the Islamic American Relief Agency of paying Siljander $50,000 for the lobbying — money that turned out to be stolen from the U.S. Agency for International Developmen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
State sponcered terrorism (well kinda)

www.cleveland.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Republicans funding terrorism , Wonder who else is in on it..

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Already an existing thread on this. Infinite beat you to it. Pretty wild story though.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
hmm.. could you link it ? I searched the name(from article) the topic and a few other things from the article and couldn't find anything on it ... According to my source the story broke 16 minutes ago so its possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I beat you by 10 mins

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
cool please ignore this . For some reason the search don't find quoted stuff .

top topics

join