It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intel alerted to threat of 'Forest Fire Jihad'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

U.S. intel alerted to threat of 'Forest Fire Jihad'

www.worldtribune.com

U.S. officials monitoring terrorist web sites have discovered a call for using forest fires as weapons against “crusader” nations, in what may explain some recent wildfires in places like southern California and Greece.

The 2007 fires at Mount Parnitha, as seen from Athens.
A terrorist website was discovered recently that carried a posting that called for “Forest Jihad.” The posting was listed on the Internet on Nov. 26 and reported in U.S. intelligence channels last week.

The statement, in Arabic, said that “summer has begun so do not forget the Forest Jihad.”

The writer called on all Muslims in the United States, Europe, Russia and Australia to “start forest fires.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This could be a really effective attack IMO . But wouldnt the water supply be a better source?

www.worldtribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think this is just an attempt at painting the recent forrest fires as a terrorist strike. After all wasnt there accusations of it already?

seems a little too convieniant to me..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah i guess its real possibility leads credibility to the thought that it could/has/may happen ; .
Of course. With speculation we could say they could attack the moon to through the earth off orbit or some crap.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i think the theory is pretty weak, sounds like government panic to put blame from natural disaters on terrorists. Next global warming will be a terrorist threat. Terrorists leave cars running to warm earth and attack the nation. It is good to see these things but they are grasping at such short straws i think now. Granted many are uneducated, but even a toddler is catching on to this manipulation of events for their own personal means.

new topics

top topics

join