It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McRomnabee: The Perfect GOP Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, this is somewhat tongue in cheek, but I think it really hits home.

It seems the Republican Party has fractured along factional fault lines, and is now somewhat like Humpty Dumpty after his fall, and even Hannity can't put it back together again.

The GOP really needs someone with the foreign policy expertise of McCain, the looks, charisma, and economic alacrity of Romney, and the Christian conservative, gee golly!, appeal of Huckabee.

I'm thinking Romney will be the one trying to wear all the hats in the general election. I don't think the religious-right will like it very much, though. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out, what the reaction is, and just who will be McRomnabee.

My advice: Don't rely on all the king's horses and all the king's men.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If anybody other than Mc Cain or Huckabee becomes the Presidential candidate, the Republicans will loose.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Imo, chances are they will lose anyway.

Does your opinion have anything to do with Mitt being a Mormon?

What about Rudy? He was quoting Joshua 1:9 in SC the other day.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
If anybody other than Mc Cain or Huckabee becomes the Presidential candidate, the Republicans will loose.

Both of those candidates are a much weaker candidate than Romney..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nope Romney is going to loose because the people dont like him as much as they do McCain or Huckabee. He lacks integrity (or the appearance of! ) and like Clinton people wont let him become president to sell us down the river.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Huckabee is a good guy, I just don't know he has what it takes to win a presidential election. McCain, forget it.
He's a watered down version of Bush

[edit on 17-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Mc Cain is likely to win nationally by all the numbers, Mitt will be lucky if he is credible candidate after Florida.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
After Florida? Mitt's campaign plans to place 3rd in South Carolina and 1st in Nevada thus using that win to move him to 1st in Florida (hopefully). Also, Romney is the only candidate who hasn't had money problems and can probably run campaigns in a lot more states than any other candidate.

And in Florida (based of RealClearPolitics) McCain leads and his win in S.C ensures him a win Huckabee is bounced, Giulliani has a 2 point lead over Romney. Romney's win in Nevada bounces him to 2nd in Florida and then it's a race between Romney and McCain for the Feb.5 states.

This is all a hopefully, things can change at any moment.

McCain Giuliani Romney Huckabee Thompson Paul
22.6 20.0 18.4 17.4 8.8 5.0

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Speaking of Mitt, he had a run in recently with Glen Johnson of AP over his contention that he is a Washington outsider, and doesn't have lobbyists running his campaign. The video is linked below. Bear with the 30 second ad, then the video comes up. I think it is worth a look.

video link

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Mc Cain is likely to win nationally by all the numbers, Mitt will be lucky if he is credible candidate after Florida.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by IAF101]

Well, MCCain can ram it up the nose as far as I am concerned. His border security policy is a joke, not to mention, he is rather unstable as far as I can tell. It's funny that I am saying this now, ten years ago, I would have actually voted for the guy.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveAndrew

McCain Giuliani Romney Huckabee Thompson Paul
22.6 20.0 18.4 17.4 8.8 5.0

Giuliani is going to be lucky to even place..
That's all we need, a wannabe gangster in the oval office.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why are all the Mitt supporters shouting about "Nevada" ? Nevada has hardly any delegates. Florida is whats important. After a poor showing in SC. Mitt would get a negative in Nevada.

Also just money doesnt cover it. Ron Paul has a crap load of cash, Huckabee is out with hat in hand for money, his fortune is much better than Pauls. Money comes and money goes.

top topics

join