It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Paypal has frozen the fundraising account of the Granny Warriors, a Ron Paul supporters group who had been pushing for a recount in New Hampshire, causing a 3pm Tuesday deadline to be missed and the application rejected for lack of payment.
The Granny Warriors had raised the necessary $55,600 deposit for the recount but at the last minute before it was transferred to the New Hampshire Secretary of State, Paypal blocked access to the funds.
No explanation has been forthcoming from Paypal as to why the corporation froze the account.
Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Again Mitt Romney's campaign has control over EBay and PayPal. Not too heard to dig up the names and people on that one.
Effective December 31, 2007, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank you for your patronage over the years. Please note the following important details about the shutdown. Please plan accordingly.
· Effective IMMEDIATELY, BidPay will no longer accept new BidPay account registrations.
· Effective IMMEDIATELY, banner insertions for new auctions will be disabled. That means that any attempts to add “BidPay” as a payment option in auctions will not be effective. Accordingly, you should offer alternative forms of payment.
· Effective 5:00 P.M. PST, December 25, 2007, BidPay will cease accepting payments.
· From January 1, 2008 through 11:59 P.M. PST, January 31, 2008, registered users will have read-only access to their BidPay account information.
· Customer support services will be available through January 31, 2008 by contacting email@example.com.