It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paypal Freezes New Hampshire Recount Funds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Paypal Freezes New Hampshire Recount Funds

prisonplanet.com

Paypal has frozen the fundraising account of the Granny Warriors, a Ron Paul supporters group who had been pushing for a recount in New Hampshire, causing a 3pm Tuesday deadline to be missed and the application rejected for lack of payment.

The Granny Warriors had raised the necessary $55,600 deposit for the recount but at the last minute before it was transferred to the New Hampshire Secretary of State, Paypal blocked access to the funds.

No explanation has been forthcoming from Paypal as to why the corporation froze the account.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Although I don't follow the elections process too closely this caught my eye. There's so far no explanation from PayPal for freezing the account.

Sorry for the lack of input from myself, but I'm at work and just wanted to share this with you.

prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That is so aggravating!!!

Come ON!!!!!
I haven't been following the campaigns very closely.
That is just wrong!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If this was intentionally done, American consumers should show their appreciation for PayPal by taking their business elsewhere.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It is wrong that citizens have to generate money for the recount in the first place. A vote should be fair and square with no room for questions.

I sure hope they quickly right this wrong. It IS a BIG DEAL!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Obviously you have never used PP before . It was a "stupid" mistake to put any money in there . All someone has to do it try to log in a few times with a bad password and bam account frozen .

Alot of people know this . Heck i know people that do for one reason or another .
You can also just call/email and ask that the account be frozen .

IMO its the worst payment system in history . Postal money orders are probably the best .

[Edit: speelnges]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If there was that much money in a paypal account, it was probably nothing more than their standard per day spending limits, which vary, according to the type of account the user has. I've been in disputes over that with them myself. And if that IS the reason for the freeze, I would have to say that the spending limits were an oversight of the account holder. They were ready to spend the money, but oops, no can do...spending limit on the account.

But really it sounds like something else....like someone else stepped in...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You'd think that ALL election processes, including these primaries, should allow independent verification on the day by interested parties.
Given the past history of electronic voting and even paper ballots going missing, dumped or lost, you'd think this would be a pre-requisite for any election process to be held in order to show fairness and accountability.
The citizens should not have to pay to have recounts or results scrutinised when questions arise.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Mitt Romney's people control PayPal and EBay.

There aren't too many surprises here.

PayPal should change its name to "Stealing-Elections-R-Us".

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The Granny Warriors say that at the time they were transferring the money someone with an Arabic name made a $1000.00 contribution. This name was flagged by PayPal and the transaction that was in process was stopped and the money returned to the Granny Warriors account and frozen.

Again Mitt Romney's campaign has control over EBay and PayPal. Not too heard to dig up the names and people on that one.

May there be mercy for the USA.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you Google paypal sucks you get an interesting site.

I have been thru the whole gig wit paypal..

My incident wasn't them keeping money but taking money. Anyway I found that site and a lot of people on there have some interesting stories to tell..

Sellers on ebay saying paypal would freeze accounts for no reason, and whatever..

Some in the end never get the money back, which really sucks.

Anyway don't be surprised if this happens to them because its alot of money..

And to everyone who does use paypal remember IT ISNT FDIC insured, meaning if you fart the wrong way they can take ur loot and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 1/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

apc

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The biggest problem with PayPal is they aren't a bank, so they don't have to abide by banking regulations. Any money kept in a PayPal account is not insured. They can do pretty much whatever they want with it.

They should have taken the donations with PayPal and immediately withdrawn each one as they came in.

Use bidpay instead.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Again Mitt Romney's campaign has control over EBay and PayPal. Not too heard to dig up the names and people on that one.

Can you please provide links or evidence to this effect? This is already starting to reek.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They never should have used PP in the first place, as they are notorious for doing those sorts of things in the first place. As someone said, a simple google of "paypal sucks" does bring up that website, I remember reading that long ago, but I had already learned the hard way on that one.

There are different levels of PP accounts, I am curious if they had one with the appropriate allowance on transactions, and I would hope that would be the reason.

If there was tampering in this, I am sure there is some legal action that could be taken, and if it is true, as Loam put it so well, "If this was intentionally done, American consumers should show their appreciation for PayPal by taking their business elsewhere."

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I hate Ebay and Paypal. I spent over 5k in one month on Ebay for a Christmas and because one time, over hundreds of transactions, I made a mistake and entered too high an amount on a cheap auction. I tried to contact them but as usual no humans to talk to and no numbers for problems..so they tried to strip my bankl account clean; only a daily limit stopped them.

Now I will not use either of them. Paypal works hand in glove with Ebay to ravage bank accounts over minor mistakes and does NOT allow any appeal or any way to state your case. I sent dozens of emails and letters..ZERO response. Even the seller knew that the item was worth only a minute tiny fraction of the price they wanted from me, and offered to settle for half!! That was still over a thousand dollars too high, so I abandoned the whole mess and changed banks and closed it all out and to hell with them both!!

Rip offs galore and Paypal to ruin lives also..from now On I send a postal MO for things that I want.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

The issue I referred to above in my case... They were trying to take money instead of freezing.

Someone said i bought a plasma screen tv for like 3g a while back. The only thing stopping paypal from taking my loot was that my bank told them to screw off. I only had backup because we told the bank what had happened and that paypal was no help..

So they froze my account and gave me a new one.... In other words telling paypal to screw off..

I could just imagine if I had 3g in the bank at the time when this occur ed... it would have been a nightmare to get back..

Remember girls and boys.. Paypal isn't FRID Insured meaning you can stare at something the wrong way and they can take your money...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Actually there was a guy who was asking for donations for Katrina a while ago..

Paypal indecently froze his account also when he tried to pull the loot out...

I cant remember specifics but it gained MSM attention over it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, what ones would be useful other than PayPal and Ebay?

Frankly, I think craigslist beats ebay, and probably amazon as well. (You can sell your stuff on amazon now)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

bidpay is out of business.

Urgent Notice

Effective December 31, 2007, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank you for your patronage over the years. Please note the following important details about the shutdown. Please plan accordingly.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, BidPay will no longer accept new BidPay account registrations.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, banner insertions for new auctions will be disabled. That means that any attempts to add “BidPay” as a payment option in auctions will not be effective. Accordingly, you should offer alternative forms of payment.

· Effective 5:00 P.M. PST, December 25, 2007, BidPay will cease accepting payments.

· From January 1, 2008 through 11:59 P.M. PST, January 31, 2008, registered users will have read-only access to their BidPay account information.

· Customer support services will be available through January 31, 2008 by contacting [email protected].

Looks like the monopoly is preserved. Sorry you can no longer pay for justice. Justice is reserved for the elite.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Didn't Ron Paul himself say he did NOT want a recount? This is absurd. He probably froze it himself. This is an act of desperation by rabid supporters who cannot even take guidance from the man they are supporting.

ulmann.blogspot.com...

quote from Ron Paul's press release,

"After a careful investigation, I have decided against seeking a recount in New Hampshire. I am confident that not asking for a recount is the right decision."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join