It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banksy wall brought for $410,830 on E-bay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

A mural, painted by Banksy, in Portobello Road, London, earned the property owner big bucks on Monday, Jan. 15, 2008. An online bidder has paid $410,830 for the wall on the online auction web site e-Bay. Prior to putting the work up for auction, the seller protected the piece with a sheet of plastic.

"I am selling the wall because I can't really justify owning a piece of art worth as much as it is," said Luti Fagbenle, the owner of the property on which the graffiti is sprayed

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source here

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Im interested to know exactly how the winning e-bay bidder is gonna get this wall he paid so much for. What do you think of Banksy?

Banksy's Website

SR

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Banksy is so overated now every smuck who buys wall and peice suddenly buy into how cooool grafitti is. :shk: The original point is lost.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just because banksy's original point might be lost to some of us that doesn't make him overrated. banksy is awesome.. the work he does is amazing..mind blowing even. i absolutley love his work..and appreciate it.

i don't think overrated is the best word to describe him..maybe misunderstood..hmm maybe not that either..maybe just really good at what he does

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't listen to the haters. Good for Banksy. Dude is an original, and every kid into street art has been biting him ever since he's blown up. I miss graffiti so much.

Sail should be up and going again in no time.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I say good luck to him anyway, im sure hes amused that people spend so much on his work, even going to the point of tearing down walls that hes stenciled on. he even pokes fun at them in his sketches. I think there are better street artists out there though but 'Meh', it's not his fault that everybody wants a piece of Banksy, hes just doing what he does.

I still wanna know who the anonymous e-bay winner was though and how there gonna get this wall lol.

new topics

top topics

join