It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: Sunspot is Harbinger of New Solar Cycle, Increasing Risk for Electrical Systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

NOAA: Sunspot is Harbinger of New Solar Cycle, Increasing Risk for Electrical Systems

www.noaanews.noaa.gov

new 11-year cycle of heightened solar activity, bringing with it increased risks for power grids, critical military, civilian and airline communications, GPS signals and even cell phones and ATM transactions, showed signs it was on its way late yesterday when the cycle’s first sunspot appeared in the sun’s Northern Hemisphere, NOAA scientists said.
During a solar storm, highly charged material ejected from the sun may head toward Earth, where it can bring down power grids, disrupt critical communications, and threaten astronauts with harmful radiation. Storms can also knock out commercial communications satellites and swamp Global Positioning System signals. Routine activities such as talking on a cell phone or getting money from an ATM machine could suddenly halt over a large part of the globe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am not an expert on this subject in any way, shape or form but the wording of this article makes the ELECTRIC SUN theory look more plausible to me.
Solar or electric?
And how will this cycle have an effect on our climate?

www.noaanews.noaa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That does make you wonder, Seems to me that NOAA and NASA both are agreeing for once that something bad is going to happen soon.Just read the one from NASA yesterday and that was worked out for the worst of this to be in you guessed it 2012.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Do you have a link to that story from NASA?
I don't know, maybe they are setting us up for a mass communications break down.
That would be convenient, huh?
ATM machines being interrupted is fine seeing how the dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
Just a joke (sorta) but isnt there a push towards a cashless society going on?
I am more concerned about how this "solar" cycle will have an effect on our climate.
And the electric sun theory makes more sense, imo of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here you go, I had it up at yuwie in my blog otherwise it would have been lost like all my other links.

science.nasa.gov...

It also tells what will happen with our climate.

Hilda

[edit on 16-1-2008 by hildar]

new topics

top topics

join