It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UT Southwestern finds drug to prevent HIV's spread in mice - Human's Next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

UT Southwestern finds drug to prevent HIV's spread in mice

www.dallasnews.com

After 25 years of researchers around the globe being confounded by HIV, scientists in Dallas have shown that the virus's transmission can be stopped with medications.

The scientific first, though performed only in lab mice, bodes well for a future when people at high risk for HIV infection would have a convenient way to protect themselves from the virus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by harddrive21]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
More from the above article

The experiment involved injecting five mice for seven days with two drugs that are commonly used to treat AIDS patients, tenofovir and emtricitabine. On the third day, the mice were inoculated vaginally with HIV, to mimic how most women and girls become infected.

"Women have no way of protecting themselves from ... [sexually transmitted diseases] and HIV," said Dr. Garcia, a professor of internal medicine. A preventive medication "would empower them to at least have a fighting chance."

After three months, none of the mice showed any signs of the virus. However, seven out of eight mice that did not receive the medicine became infected after HIV inoculation.

"He gets a remarkable finding," said microbiologist Thomas Folks of the Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research in San Antonio. "I think the fact that you can pre-expose these animals to the drugs and not get any transmission is what we're looking for in trying to blunt the epidemic.

"I don't think we can eradicate it this way, but I think we can reduce a lot of the transmission with this type of approach."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So if this science is sound, this would be great for women. Take a pill and HIV will not be passed on. Another weapon to prevent the spread is definitely needed. They just completed a gene scan that has identified 200 more therapy targets. Though a vaccine is a great idea, I just don't think it will happen - no money in a cure, the money is in the medicine (as said by Chris Rock).

www.reuters.com...

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

You hit the nail right on the head when you said no money in a cure. This method of preventing transmission involves healthy people takeing the drugs that the infected people do. So we may very well be seeing more of this. I can see the drug company brass laughing all the way to the back over the relice of this study.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

There are alot of lies passed around about AIDS/HIV and potential cures, treatments etc. I would be very distrustful of any drugs from the medical cartel.

An excellent book relating to AIDS/HIV is AIDS Inc by John Rappoport which you can get online. From his website
www.nomorefakenews.com...

Patrick Rattigan has also written about the HIV Hoax, that the medical cartel have sold the world.

This site asks some questions and forwards some answers relating to the AIDS/HIV hoax
www.aliveandwell.org...

www.lewrockwell.com...

unravelling AIDS
www.i-sis.org.uk...

Out of Control: Aids and the corruption of medical science
www.harpers.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by golddragnet

Again, awesome links and info. My only complaint is that they check not only HIV antibodies but also viral load and CD4 count. Personally I am undecided on the HIV is a hoax topic. I see both sides and just do not know what to make of it. They recently found some data that showed one of the first cases of HIV came from Haiti in the 1960's. That is about 20 years ahead of the "official" claim of the late 70's or early 80's.
Protease Inhibitors, NNRTI's and NRTI's are definitely toxic. People that are diagnosed with HIV or AIDS do not die of that. They die of infection, cancers or other failures. It's like the Al Capone story - he went to jail on tax evasion, not murder.
The treatment listed in the article is already available as one of the HIV therapies. Now they are looking at a different application (and it's even being used now off-label by homosexuals).
Still, this is one hell of a medical mystery. This virus has either completely beaten us, or the cause of death/disease isn't HIV.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You might find this article an interesting read. The Top 100 AIDS science Inconsistencies

www.sickofdoctors.addr.com...

Reading AIDS Inc will help alot also.

Personally I am certain the AIDS/HIV issue is an entire hoax. My wife is from eastern europe, and when she was growing up AIDS was a major issue everywhere. It was always aknowledged in Russia and western Europe that the official AIDS story was a hoax and full of lies and a creation of the american controlled Medical Cartel designed for their profit.

Reading AIDS Inc and many other publications on the subject are educational, to say the least.

The AIDS pharmacy
campaignfortruth.com...

"If there is evidence that HIV causes AIDS, there should be scientific documents which either singly or collectively demonstrate that fact, at least with a high probability. There is no such document."

Dr. Kary Mullis, Biochemist, 1993 Nobel Prize for Chemistry

AIDS the Fabricated Epidemic
www.attacreport.com...

Heresy In the Land of AIDS
www.sickofdoctors.addr.com...

More AIDS/HIV hoax
worcester.indymedia.org...

And here is an related story that was covered by BBC
news.bbc.co.uk...

This is taken from the aliveandwell website:

Contrary to popular belief, HIV is not necessary to explain acquired immune deficiency and the illnesses associated with AIDS. To understand why this is so, it is first necessary to understand what AIDS is. AIDS is not a new disease or illness; it is a new name or designation for 29 previously known diseases and conditions. As the NIH states in its comprehensive report on AIDS, "the designation 'AIDS' is a surveillance tool." Since 1981, the surveillance tool AIDS has been used to track and record familiar diseases when they appear in people who have tested positive for antibodies associated with HIV.

The AIDS virus hypothesis supposes that the health problems renamed AIDS develop as a result of infection with HIV; that the virus somehow disables the body's defense system that protects against opportunistic illness, allowing the development of one or more of 29 diseases, such as yeast infection, certain cancers, pneumonia, salmonella, diarrhea, or tuberculosis, which are then diagnosed as AIDS. However, every AIDS indicator disease occurs among people who test HIV negative, none are exclusive to those who test positive and all AIDS diseases existed before the adoption of the name "AIDS."

Prior to the designation AIDS, these 29 diseases were not thought to have a single, common cause. In fact, all have recognized causes and treatments that are unrelated to HIV. For example, yeast infection is a widespread problem due to an imbalance of natural bacteria. The yeast infections that occur in people who test HIV positive and in people who test HIV negative are caused by the same imbalance of natural bacteria. All the opportunistic illnesses called AIDS have various, medically proven causes that do not involve HIV.

Immune deficiency can be acquired by several risk factors that are not infectious or transmitted through blood or blood products.
www.aliveandwell.org...

I added some more links to the Cancer-alternative therapies post you made on this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 17-1-2008 by golddragnet]

top topics

join