It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran not afraid of any state'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

'Iran not afraid of any state'

www.presstv.ir

Iran's former defense minister has ruled out the possibility of any military attack on Iran, saying Iran is not afraid of any country.
In an exclusive interview with Al-Jazeera TV, Ali Shamkhani said, "We are not afraid of any country and we do not threaten any state."
Shamkhani noted that the Israel issue is separate, because the regime is not able to carry out any action against Iran without the permission of the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's a bit of a fluff piece, as you would expect from al jazeera, but the message is clear as iran draws a line and responds to what it sees as recent provocations.

I read this piece as an unofficial message with official backing, to try and warn off the US (bush in particular) and Israel.

My own personal opinion is that a war with Iran would be madness in terms of the loss of life for ALL parties.

More rhetoric and propaganda in what is fast becoming one of the foremost issues of the day.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Any attack on Iran will skyrocket prices of oil to at least $200-300 and that US economy won't survive. Those Tehran's mullahs know it very well. And if they manage to blockade Strait of Hormuz in war...
I hope Bush and co. are not so crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

There have been no indications that he is NOT off his rocker - dunno if it's just since he gave up the sauce and god started talking to him, but IMO he's a loose cannon.
Trouble is, he'll drag his own country down along with any allies who are silly enough to join him.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

At this point you have to wonder if that is not the goal. It doesn't even feel like they are so much ignoring the damage that they have done to the economy, they seem to be attempting trying to accelerate it. I fail to see how a "potential threat" by Iran that could possibly come to fruition years from now is the focus of this administration, when the devestation of our economy is happening right now and is doing far more damage to our country as a whole than Iran ever could.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Vojvoda

There have been no indications that he is NOT off his rocker - dunno if it's just since he gave up the sauce and god started talking to him, but IMO he's a loose cannon.
Trouble is, he'll drag his own country down along with any allies who are silly enough to join him.

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Vojvoda

At this point you have to wonder if that is not the goal. It doesn't even feel like they are so much ignoring the damage that they have done to the economy, they seem to be attempting trying to accelerate it. I fail to see how a "potential threat" by Iran that could possibly come to fruition years from now is the focus of this administration, when the devestation of our economy is happening right now and is doing far more damage to our country as a whole than Iran ever could.

Ok guys, we don’t need to be any prophet.

Iran is 4th largest oil export country. In war, you can’t produce at full capacity. Lower supply, higher prices. Over 50% of Persian Gulf’s states oil export is via Strait of Hormuz. Guess what would happen in attack of Iran?
And remember, Iran doesn't sell any more oil in $ and they don't have any more $ as reserve currency in CB.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

I'n not sure they could close the straits in the presence of the US navy - they could seed it with mines, and shipping would be very nervous, but they may end up doing more harm to their own economy than to the US's.

I don't really blame them for standing up to bush's rhetoric, and hopefully he won't use this as an excuse to escalate the talk.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes mines.
Iran bought a lot of the latest Russian antiship missiles.

But anyway...
Aerial attack is enough. Then just some Iranian official has to go in front of cameras and say to world: ''Because of attack of... Iran is forced to cut off production and supply of oil to world market... We are sory...''

They don't even have to do that, just to announce and that would cause stampede in oil market. As I wrote, we talk about 4th largest oil export country.

new topics

top topics

join