It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2002: NATO sacrifices Afghan children to detect land-mines: ex-German soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

2002: NATO sacrifices Afghan children to detect land-mines: ex-German soldier

www.globalresearch.ca

Soldiers of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) have repeatedly used Afghan children to detect land-mines in war-ravaged country, said a former German ISAF officer in Berlin on Thursday.

ISAF soldiers threw apples on an area and then waited to see what would happen. If the children were to run to pick up the apples, and there was no explosion, the area was declared safe, according to Wohlgetan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
All's fair in love and war, right? Sickening if this is true.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This piece of news comes from IRNA - 'Islamic Republic News Agency' - IRAN's official propaganda channel.

If true, it is sickening, but I think it is just propaganda.

Article on IRNA

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yea, im not too sure about this one. I would think mine detection has come a long way in the years of warfare, so I find it hard to believe they would sacrifice children to detect mines.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ahh, excuse me, but IRNA just reported on the book, as well as globalresearch. I am not going to dismiss the evidence provided in a book just because the IRNA reports on it.

I suppose you want to dismiss all these sources reporting the book too? This is just the first page of google search results on the book:

Unveiling his new book titled ‘Final Station’, Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land- mines in the Kabul region ...
plusmo.com/start/preview.shtml?pid=476594 - 159k - Cached - Similar pages
Germany, Afghanistan ISAF used Afghan children to detect land ...
www.mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=577580 - Similar pages
Berlin to probe report on ISAF's use of Afghan children to find ...
Unveiling his new book titled 'Final Station' in Berlin on Thursday, Achim Wohlgetan claimed that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land mines in ...
www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-20/0801114328193259.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
Fredericton Peace Coalition Weblog
Unveiling his new book titled Final Station, Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land- mines in the Kabul region ...
frederictonpeace.org/ - 35k - Cached - Similar pages
Fredericton Peace Coalition Weblog » Afghanistan
Unveiling his new book titled Final Station, Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land- mines in the Kabul […] ...
frederictonpeace.org/?cat=6 - 31k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from frederictonpeace.org »
Al-Masakin News Agency: NATO-led International Security Assistance ...
Unveiling his new book titled 'Final Station', Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land-mines in the Kabul region ...
almasakinnewsagency.blogspot.com/2008/01/nato-led-international-security.html - 62k - Cached - Similar pages
Berlin - The Huffington Post
Unveiling his new book titled 'Final Station,' Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find. ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/people/Berlin - 55k - Cached - Similar pages
"Military campaign" - topic profile :: BoardReader
Unveiling his new book titled 'Final Station', Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land- mines in . ...
boardreader.com/tp/Military+campaign.html - 167k - Cached - Similar pages
NATO used Afghan children to detect land-mines: ex-German soldier ...
- [ Translate this page ]
Unveiling his new book titled 'Final Station', Achim Wohlgetan pointed out that children were misused by ISAF forces to find land- mines in ...
groups.google.com.tw/group/PoliticalForum/browse_thread/thread/a3961b76ebd5aac4 - 38k - Cached - Similar pages
Svolte Epocali: Gli sminatori
- [ Translate this page ]
... Achim Wohlgetan [*6], un ex-sergente dell'aviazione ora consigliere di ... del suo libro 'Final Station', ha denunciato questa pratica aberrante. ...
svolte-epocali.blogspot.com/2008/01/gli-sminatori.html - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

You guys are shooting the messenger, and never even went and read the message. :shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Im certainly not going to ignore any cooberating evidence, but as you said most of those sources you sited are making refrence to the book soon to be released.

I think over all, we are going to have to wait to see any supporting evidence come forward, or buy the book.

My misconception was that this guys book was initially based on the IRNA report, in which case, the veracity of such claims would be in question.

Everyone makes mistakes i guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I think over all, we are going to have to wait to see any supporting evidence come forward, or buy the book.

That might a good idea. But when someone goes to the trouble of writing and publishing a book about something, it at least should be given a look. Keep in mind the publishers have a stake in the validity of the information as well.

My misconception was that this guys book was initially based on the IRNA report, in which case, the veracity of such claims would be in question.

To a degree I agree, in that case. But even then, with all of crap that our own MSM publishes, and selectively, I like many others don't know who to believe anymore. That's why I find myself at sites such as ATS, alex jones, rawstory, and many others for alternative viewpoints.

Everyone makes mistakes i guess.

No problem man. Let's look at the evidence, and see if anyone else comes forward to corroborate this claim. After Abu Gharab, I don't put it past them.
What if they were under supplied? What if the mine detecting equipment was destroyed in a battle? I mean there could be many reasons for this atrocity that are not immediately evident.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That might a good idea. But when someone goes to the trouble of writing and publishing a book about something, it at least should be given a look. Keep in mind the publishers have a stake in the validity of the information as well.

In theory, your absolutly right. But in this day and age of information wars, its hard to judge what is propaganda and what is distrubingly true. Often times, there is a thin line between the two.

No problem man. Let's look at the evidence, and see if anyone else comes forward to corroborate this claim. After Abu Gharab, I don't put it past them.
What if they were under supplied? What if the mine detecting equipment was destroyed in a battle? I mean there could be many reasons for this atrocity that are not immediately evident.

I have a hard time believing it, only because of my over-riding sense of humanity says its too sick to be true. But given our long history of distruction and distain for human life...its hard to say.

As for more evidence comming forward, i have a feeling its going to be hard to find much on this. This is the type of story that will get hushed as fast as possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The operative word being "if". Very doubtful.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty skeptical, frankly.

This sounds like someone trying to make money selling a book, compounded by someone trying to score propaganda points.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

PLEASE, you put ANY faith-haha- in the "Terrorits Times"

Come on, we are trying to DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
PLEASE, you put ANY faith-haha- in the "Terrorits Times"

Come on, we are trying to DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!

And I'm trying to deny lack of reading.

Lol, scroll up and read mrmonsoon!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

top topics

join