It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s wrong with purposely causing the extinction of animals?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cheeser

Well firstly show me the evidence that this is wrong…..it seems logical to me…I mean…..apparently a teacher explained to you the flaws In it so it shouldn’t be a challenge to show me the same evidence…

I’d like to see the evidence that proves these vids other wise…

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have yet to receive any data at all from Andre18. For those of you who don't know, I offered to him a chance to prove his point through an experiment involving 100 species he would like to see gone. The method of extermination and the primary food source. I challenged him to real science. But after reading all the posts made after I issued my challenge I've come to the conclusion that he cares very little for valid science. EVEN THOUGH I WAS GOING TO DO ALL THE HARD STUFF. I am hereby REVOKING my challenge as I see that NOTHING will convince this kid and I have no desire to waste my skills and someone so god damned closed minded.
It seems to me he is arguing for the sake of arguing. And this is not productive for the community. Debate is one thing...But this is just not ok.

So Andre you have lost your opportunity for some real science. I am very, very disappointed. But I'm sure you don't care, and won't affect your life any. I will not, after this post, reply to this thread ever again. I hope from this point forward people let this thing die, because, even if every member of this site repeated verbatim what everyone's feeling are, it wouldn't change your mind. If every member of this community provided the data I had promised to provide for you, it would still not be good enough. And I don't believe it is in the best interest of the community to keep this thread going. I adamantly ask the mods of this community to lock this thread, because it is hurting the overall attitude and comfort of this community.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hay….what the….easy there….the only reason why I haven’t done the 100 animal thing is I’ve already done a similar thing with Beachcoma…..and he proved to me enough that I had some bad points….like that it’s our fault we over fish which causes overpopulations of certain animals and a massive decrease in others…..look back a page or two, I’ve already admitted I’ve basically given up on my theory so much as human intervention is a bad concept….whether it’s causing the extinction of animals or just fishermen doing their job……

[edit on 18-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Ok. So is this thing square? I assume you need no further clarification of the data? If so then I rescind my above comments.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

I’m not being cold hearted….I just see it as common sense…why keep them around if they’re just going to bite you and kill you…..just imagine how much that little bit safer our lives would be if you could go to sleep knowing nothing’s going to get you…that safe happy feeling….wouldn’t you like that….hell….you could go out into the countryside with no fear of snakes and such…..that would be nice….ay...

With that logic every animal in the world should form a collective and call for the extinction of man!

What is sad is not that you ignorantly believe what you have written but there are enough like you to make the world a less safe place to live. Yes LESS safe. I'm quite confident there will be enough folks here trying to remind you of the interdependancies of flora and fauna. I'll take a different tack:

Read a goddam book and learn!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

In that case I say kill man because man will kill another man for there last $1. Sorry to say it but animals kill for food, or to protect there young or there selves, where as man will kill just for the heck of it. So lets start with the OP.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
guys and and gals, this is a massive troll by the op, PLEEEAAAAASSEES let this thread die...

It is not important on any level....just let it go folks...If parts of it strike a nerve then sure, start another thread....

This thread gets my vote as both the most useless when it comes to educating the members and denying ignorance, and also the most time wasting space thread with regard to lack of new content to ATS....

The entire thread as far as posts from the OP and a few others have been borderline sane...

The large majority of posts have been sensible...

Surely such an overwhelming balance should have this thread closed, given the lack of "world or net first"info which might keep it open...

Thought not

Next....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

For bloody sake Rilence…..leave me the hell alone……if you don’t like this thread then simply go away……this thread’s probably loosing life minute by minute anyway......whether you like this thread or not is your opinion…..I don’t think the mods are going to close it or should just because of your or anyone else’s negative view.

I made this thread simply because I was interested what people might think of my idea.......I've got a lot of info.....I've been proven wrong in some of my points......so what's your problem?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Answering to the OP :

The problem is that doing that, you will be creating a possible huge unbalance in the echosystems!! A echosystem is always something very frigile! The absence of just one of it's componentes can make it fall apart!

A very small theoretycal exemple:

You kill all the flys and mosquitos... all the frogs frogs and alike will die.

A better one:

you decide to exterminate a especific kind of beetle...that beetle was responsable for the flora polinization on that place, no beetles, no especific plants growing on....All the other animals that feed on that plants will die.!

So as you can easly see, we need all that variety of animals to mantain the balance!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

DO you think if one species was to become extinct then every single species in the world would feel that impact through the food chain…or do you think some species that may feed on it or depend on it for their own survival will become extinct but not the basic world wide population…..

For example….if say a type of south American frog become extinct…do you think penguins in the Antarctic would some how feel the shockwave from animal to animals through the food chain….?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
[edit on 1/18/08 by WingedOne]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you ask me, the only logical thing to do (using your ''logic'') is to kill humans.
But then again, you have to be capable of placing yourself in their shoes, and repeat the same statements to understand why.

"Those humans are annoying"
"They destroyed our homes!"
"etc. etc."

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

When you have ants in your home whether they’re flies or mosquitoes do you kill them……I’m guessing you do….I’m sure you find mosquitoes annoying enough to kill them….. and even if you for some reason don’t…I’m willing to put down any money most people here on ATS do….or better yet most people in the world….

"Those humans are annoying"
"They destroyed our homes!"

If you’re going to fly that way…..I could just as easily say termites are annoying…they literally destroy our homes…..and so exterminators are called to kill millions upon millions of pesky insects simply because they are an inconvenience.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This thread has officially been EATEN by the OP.
One or two brief and articulated explanations about Biodiversity is enough, but 13 pages.

I do remember a thread (tried to find it, believe it was in Religious Conspiracies Forum), the OP was trying to make a stand by speaking on behalf of ALL the ATS members without their consent and being rejected by many members because of it. He did not reply to those rejections nor did he post any further into that thread. In my opinion, the arrogance and stubbornness he displayed in this thread is like a payback, knowing well most members find stubbornness is excruciating to deal with.

I suggest this thread be left to sink.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Look…….if you really feel like that then by all mean let this thread be “sunk” I’m not trying to get any ATS points….I’ve already explained I don’t see any real logic in ATS points…..it’s not like you get a prize for the most or something……I’m just putting out my own damn opinion… I never knew people had a bloody problem with that…

I do remember a thread (tried to find it, believe it was in Religious Conspiracies Forum), the OP was trying to make a stand by speaking on behalf of ALL the ATS members without their consent and being rejected by many members because of it. He did not reply to those rejections nor did he post any further into that thread. In my opinion, the arrogance and stubbornness he displayed in this thread is like a payback, knowing well most members find stubbornness is excruciating to deal with.

I have no idea what you’re talking about......I hope you really don't think I care about some old thread that I may or may not have commented on at some point in the past....
“payback”……..simply put ....WTF...?

If someone asks me something….I’ll obviously respond….if no one does then no one does…. …you guys……I mean……some of you people….. WTF

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Take a deep breath, and say these words...

"3-2-1, 1-2-3, what the heck is bothering me?"

Then relax, and don't be bothered with comments made on a discussion board.

It's a happy time. We come here to learn and to enjoy ourselves. Being wrong isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you learn from it.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Yeah well it doesn’t really matter…it’s almost 5 o’clock in the morning…I guess you could say it’s getting late….What ever happens to this thread….I just…............what ever people….just what ever……..

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
5am in the morning for a third night in a row, and still you learn nothing.

Looks like the snakes and spiders win. Oh yeah, you're on ignore on my end as well.

Ata

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There are plenty of people out there that I would like to see become extinct because they bite and are annoying.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
MY, My, My. Silly, Silly Humans! It is just so, So amazing that this civilization has made it this far. I'm sorry for interrupting, please continue. I cannot wait to see where this leads.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join