It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Delagates as of 01/15/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here is a run down of "soft" committed Delegates so far in the Republican Race.

Just to keep everyone updated...

Romney.......... 24 + 19 possible from Michigan ..... 43
McCain ........... 10 + 17 possible from Michigan ......27
Huckabee ....... 18 + 3 possible from Michigan .......21

Still a close and exciting race folks, stay tuned in...

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Is that all the delagates...

I heard Ron Paul has 2...

Which is 100% more the what Rudy Guliani has... which is one...

This brings a smile to my face.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

He's taking a page from the MSM's book... Hey at least he didn't mention Thompson or Ghoulie either.

Nomination or no, I don't think anyone should count Paul out just yet.

(some) Voters on the Democratic side said that the only person's name they knew on the ballot was Hillary... similar things have been reported from the Rep. side, like RP being omitted from the choices in telephone polls.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
like RP being omitted from the choices in telephone polls.

if they call my house and RP is not on the list .....
then I'm hanging up

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was simply listing the candidates that stand some small chance of actually getting the nomination, and what happens? The RP Fanatic come here and just look at the divisive posts they have responded to this thread with...

"Page from the MSM book" (Whatever MSM is?)
"Goulie"

Is this the attitude you want to have supporting your candidate?

This is a perfect example of why so many are rabidly against RP, his followers actions...

Having nothing to do with RP, they still came here and posted negative and divisive comments.

Take note folks, if you support Paul, you support this...

Now I will leave this thread as well, as it too has degraded below where I am willing to go as so many of the other threads involving the Paul supporters... Shame...

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I was simply listing the candidates that stand some small chance of actually getting the nomination, and what happens? The RP Fanatic come here and just look at the divisive posts they have responded to this thread with...

"Page from the MSM book" (Whatever MSM is?)
"Goulie"

"RP fanatics" read: "People who love Freedom and are willing to stand up for it."

Giuliani is a clown, period. MSM = Mainstream Media.

It's your thread and you can post whatever you want; I didn't even call you on it, someone else did. It fits the general state of affairs... So I added my $0.02. Everyone wants to say Paul has no chance, yet everywhere you look you see RP supporters... hmm...

The nomination is probably not going to happen, you're right. And I don't hold anything against you personally but the trend here cannot be ignored. It's almost as if you are afraid to admit that Paul may have more than just a few "kooks" behind him. We're what, 3 major primaries in and you already dismiss it as impossible. Hell, you probably said so before the first primary.

Is this the attitude you want to have supporting your candidate?

What, being fed up with the status quo? Sure, why not? Passion for something is contagious, because people wonder just what could be so worthy of that passion. At least RP (and his supporters) actually believes in something, rather than the rest who would sell their souls and/or tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth for their piece of the pie.

This is a perfect example of why so many are rabidly against RP, his followers actions...

Having nothing to do with RP, they still came here and posted negative and divisive comments.

Divisive?

What, you thought we were all a big cohesive unit here on ATS? I'm free to post my opinions and observations in any thread I like, and you are just as free to ignore me if you don't like, or choose not to respond to, my comments.

But, like most, you just make your comments and completely ignore the invite to discuss the issues, choosing instead to attack/ridicule the messenger.

Take note folks, if you support Paul, you support this...

Yeah. The First Amendment, and my right to say whatever I like. Wouldn't want to support that, eh?

Now I will leave this thread as well, as it too has degraded below where I am willing to go as so many of the other threads involving the Paul supporters... Shame...

Yep. I figured you for one who wasn't likely to shy away from a debate... especially with a mere commoner like myself... surely you could crush me!

Oh, my bad, I forgot. You would be degrading yourself, stooping to my level.

Man, I already thought you were arrogant, but Good Lord...

*shrugs*

Hi ho, hi ho, degrading threads I go...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I tried debating the issues with you...

Remember?

You became vulgar, offensive and began using language that is not conducive to any form of intellectual conversation.

Anytime a poster degrades themselves to that level, I am done with them. I refuse to stoop to that level and will not allow anyone to bring me down there as well...

So no, I will not debate with you as you have proven your ilk. I will say however.. I have found that sort of behavior to be typical of many RP supporters...

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can thank you for one thing though...

When the incident happened, I was arguing the validity to believing one poll over another, not RP.

I had not completely written RP off as far as my support went and was even considering bringing him up at my next meeting.

I am have been convinced however that his supporters act in almost the exact same way Radical Democrats do. If I can not get behind the supporters, I will not advocate the candidate...

It is the typical "I am right and all of you are wrong" argument. No matter how many facts come out, polls or flat out proof, like the Hillary supporters, you wont believe a word that goes against your own thinking.

It is just our saving grace that he does not stand a chance..

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Way to go Semper!

I don’t think it’s any secret around these boards, as it isn’t with you, that I’m a staunch Conservative. And along with you, I have grown tired of the fanatical Paul supporters crashing every thread here. No matter what anyone says, or no matter how much proof of something they can provide, the Paul supporters will listen to nothing if it doesn’t align with their narrow view of right and wrong. I too have found the majority of his supporters to be rude, vile individuals who seek not to debate the issues, but to force feed theirs down your throat.

I applaud you for standing up for this here. God knows I’ll probably take my fair share of heat for this as well, but that’s okay. As I said, I’m a conservative…I’m used to it!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yes, you did try. I seem to remember you starting that little exchange by stating that because you are "doing very well [financially]," that my position on the economy was a "perception" problem, and at that point, you degraded yourself. You chose to presume I was somehow beneath you rather than debate the issue. It was arrogant, crass, and uncalled for and I responded in kind. I called you an arrogant a$$, whoop-de-do. It was an arrogant a$$ kind of comment.

I let my passions get the better of me, and I was wrong to do that. I offer my public apology here, and would ask that you reconsider the possibility of debating polling procedures and/or the economy, as I think it's important.

I will further obligate myself not to jump into any of your threads with an off-topic post, even in response to an already off-topic post.

Now then, I've leveled with you. You're a smart guy and I respect that, but you baited/goaded me in that post, and then want to condemn me for fighting fire with fire?

Apology offered, now lets' talk about what matters.

And for God's sake please don't let my mouth stop you from investigating RP's positions. I really don't care if you don't like me, but if you're going to condemn someone, as you do in your new sig (ironically Paul is the only "real" republican running), at least familiarize yourself with what you oppose. I can be overzealous, that's not RP's fault.

We square, then?

[edit on 1/16/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have no problem being "Square" with you axe, but understand this; I in no way "Goaded" you about the economy...

If you will look at my profile, you will find several threads in which I defend the economy over the time I have been on ATS.

Using the false claims of a failing economy is by far NOT a new ploy during elections. It is also not uncommon to allow personal situations, conditions and/or knowledge of problems within certain physical areas of the country to cause one to see the entire country in that light.

However, having been dirt poor (You can't know how poor) and now doing very well, I invest. Much of my personal finance portfolio is in stocks, both foreign and domestic. I have a pretty good hold on the economy as it relates to the entire country. I watch upswings, downswings, unemployment and housing each and every day. If I did not, I would lose money and believe me, I have no intention of going back to where I was even if it means voting for Hillary.

As for Paul, as I have stated, I have some deep problems with his voting record, so I can not support him completely. If not for the actions of his followers, I would consider him no less than I would consider D. Hunter or F. Thompson. Both of which would make an adequate President. I disagree with their policies as well, but they do not garner the kind of following that "scares the Conservative right out of me."

I have picked a candidate. However as NYK stated above, I am a conservative. Both in my politics and my actions. How can I back a Conservative Candidate who's followers are anything but?

Conservative:

1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
2. cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
3. traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
4. (often initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.

Dictionary.com

See I like to believe that I attempt at all times to embody those definitions in my actions, my home life and my work. RP supporters in contrast, act quite the opposite.

This close to such an important election, I meet with several committee's each week and of course Paul has come up. Some of these political action committees are quite large consisting of well over a hundred members in each of the sections of this state. The consensus among my fellow Republicans is in line with what I have posted about Ron Paul. We do not take any candidate lightly and seek to consider each on his/her own merits. We have been very instrumental in seating candidates in local and state elections and supporting national candidates as well.

This is something we are all passionate about, as you are about Paul. We are also professional and completely unattached emotionally about individual candidates. Our passion is in regards to seating the candidate that best fits the position and not the one we are enamored with. Emotions are detrimental to politics as witness by Deans downfall and the reactions to Hillary screaming.

When I stand here in Myrtle Beach and watch Paul supporters screaming at the top of their respective lungs trying to drown out interviews of other candidates, well let's just say they and he loses some creditability.

So, yeah, we are square, but this is a serious election demanding intellectual debate and unemotional discourse. Not what we have all been seeing in regards to Paul.

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Semper, you ornery fellow.

You're too smart to not know you'd get a few riled up with this thread.

Thank you for illustrating the point that Paul supporters have been trying to make for quite a while. He is being "subtly ignored".

It takes 1,191 Delegates to be chosen as the GOP Nominee.
There are 2,257 total delegates left to grab.
So, less than 1 percent have been awarded so far..(across ALL candidates)

With no clear Front runner.
With America's Mayor losing.
With Fred Thompson (a famous actor to boot) losing.
I wouldn't be too selective about who gets to be on the list.

If they are still in the running, their results should be reported by the media

We're a vocal bunch, thats for sure.
That's because we're interested fair portrayal of our chosen candidate.
What's really sad for the other candidates is that they are so interchangeable that when one drops out, you can just run over to the next one in line.

You can bet the Paul supporters would rather "fight, than switch".
(I think thats a line from an old cigarette commercial.)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Please continue discussion here to limit off-topic posts: www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 1/17/08 by The Axeman]

top topics

join