It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Unidentified Metallic Object Photographed From Airplane!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I’m not sure whether this pic has been posted before on ATS. Here is a strange looking object, that was photographed from an airplane flying over Mexico in 2006. The size of the UFO was 40 to 50 feet at an altitude of about 7400 feet.

Courtesy: UFO Casebook

Full Description & Details.

Kind of diffuse with elongated areas, very irregular shape. It
was approximately half mile away when suddenly it flew toward our plane
and missed us by a few feet. We felt some kind of pull from its
direction. We were very scared.

Can this sighting be explained as any conventional man-made or
natural object?

Was it an alien or man-made UFO? Does anyone have any more info on this?

Cheers!

(Note: Spelling errors corrected by me in quote)

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well I sure saved that one to my
file!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
iv been flying all my years and that clearly looks like a crack in the plastic inner window

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gtirlad2

I've been watching UFO's all of my life and that looks like a UFO...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
All I can say is the clouds which are probably 20000 feet below look sharper than whatever the object is, giving me the impression that the object was really close to the camera(I'm guessing a few inches).

Setting that aside, and assuming it is an UFO, the guy said there are 6 other pictures, where are them?

Also the image posted at ufocasebook seems cropped since 600x556 is not a standard resolution. I'm guessing the author cropped it, maybe there is something in the picture he doesn't want us to see? It'd be good to know what type of camera was used just in case I'm wrong.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Doesn't look like much, looks more like a crack in the window as the other person said. I've not seen any reports of a UFO that shape. It's out of focus which would make me think it's the actual window and out of focus cos it's right next to the camera. Looks exactly how plastic would with a crack in it, and the light would react the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gtirlad2

I would have to agree with the other ATS Members would say. I think it looks like a crack in the window. Could even be a drop of water, smudged on the window.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If its half a mile away and that honking huge, it should be in focus. I'd say definetly something out of focus very close to the camera, ie on the window.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Its a chip in the window, thats why it seems to out of focus because the camera is focused on the clouds in the distance.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The lack of any additional photo showing context screams hoax at me ...

My guess is someone took a much larger picture - a general view of the clouds form the aircraft window - later saw something small in one corner of it (poss chip in glass as already suggested) then cropped the picture to emphasis it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Looks like a fake but it doesn't seem to be a crack in the windowpane. It's too risky for pilots to fly with a cracked pane!!
It looks more like an out of focus cloud formation. I've inverted the image and this is what it looks like...

This is the original..

Source image: UFO Casebook

It could also be a composite image, making it look like an object in the sky photographed from an airplane. Check out the 'shadow' under the right side of the object. What is it falling on?

Cheers!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
its a bent spoon

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Mike,

hi.

what graphics program do you have? i have a little experiment for you, based on your graphics program.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Looks like a fake but it doesn't seem to be a crack in the windowpane. It's too risky for pilots to fly with a cracked pane!!
It looks more like an out of focus cloud formation. I've inverted the image and this is what it looks like...

[

I agree it doesnt't seem to be a crack.. its a chip. I have traveled about 120 hours in a Cessna 340 with a chip in the front winshield (imagined it was a gunner's reticule) without incident. So risky maybe.. dangerous.. maybe one day. I find it hard to belive that pilots flying big planes go and check all the windows for chip marks before they take off...

I have seen this full photo not cropped. The rest of the image is the sides and top part of the window they were shooting out of. Never seen the other 6 photos that are being referred too.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Mike,

hi.

what graphics program do you have? i have a little experiment for you, based on your graphics program.

Hi Beth. I usually use PhotoShop with a few additional plugins like Topaz. So what in the name of Saturn's rings are you gonna pull out from your hat??

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have flown hundreds of hours in a piper tomahawk with about 4-5 chips on the windshield. I could definitely imagine a photo of such chip to look like this. In fact im out flying tommorow ill take a pic and compare it.

Also Pilots would not check windows on a huge Jet. As someone posted earlier its upon the "inner window".

Passenger jets have the outer thick window and then a inner perspex type window. I also fly every week commercially with work and i have on many occasions witnessed moisture gather between these 2 windows which could also look similar to this upon a photo.

Heck whilst in the military on a tristar to Bosnia i had about half a litre of water between the inner and exterior window. RAF Stewards were like "Dont worry we will get it looked at when we land" and im like "Yeah but we are like at 35,000 now and we still have an hour of flight left" Luckily i didnt get sucked out

Now dont get me wrong im all for UFOs thats what brought me to ATS but this does not wash with me

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
I agree it doesnt't seem to be a crack.. its a chip. I have traveled about 120 hours in a Cessna 340 with a chip in the front winshield (imagined it was a gunner's reticule) without incident. So risky maybe.. dangerous.. maybe one day. I find it hard to belive that pilots flying big planes go and check all the windows for chip marks before they take off...

Hard to believe that pilots flying passenger planes go check all the windows before take off???

Spot on!!
They've usually much better things to do....like fooling around with them air hostesses before take-off!!
Who's bothered about pre-flight checks? It's all in a day's work. We'll run that darn check-list after we've reached cruise altitude with a goblet of Bloody Mary.

Cheers! I'm in for a rough landing!! Maybe in the sea due to rapid de-pressurization resulting from a crack in the window pane!!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I take it you don't fly much.. riding doesn't count. A chip of that size would be hard pressed to cause catastrophic depressurization.. especially on a dual sided window.

This has turned into a debate over a fracture in a glass and a jab at pilots.. For every "bad" pilot there are 100 better ones. I have never seen a pilot's checklist that said check all windows (besides cockpit)... thats usually maintenance before the pilot even steps on the plane.

In fact, I am pretty sure this photo has been discussed here in the past.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This thread's restoring my faith in ATS. I've gotten to the point where I hate opening 'UFO Pic' threads because it's always something easily explainable but everybody wants to believe it's an alien spacecraft.

There's good logic and common sense being applied to this, the stuff that sets ATS apart from the rest and the reason I joined up here in the first place.

For what it's worth, I think it might be a wingtip strobe assembly and the rest of the wing has been cropped out of the photo. Maybe Defcon 5 can take a look, he seems to know his aircraft types pretty well.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
This has turned into a debate over a fracture in a glass and a jab at pilots.. For every "bad" pilot there are 100 better ones. I have never seen a pilot's checklist that said check all windows (besides cockpit)... thats usually maintenance before the pilot even steps on the plane.

Hey TTH!! I was just pulling your leg!! Heck! What's happened to good ol' humor on ATS??
Nothing against pilots. They're a great breed. I've done some flying myself - gliding actually. So no hard feelings.

And you're right. It's not a pilots job to check window panes. Doesn't form part of the check list. That's maintenance. And then a chip in the glass is ok. But a cracked window pane on a commercial jet? I would've fired the maintenance supervisor! Period!

Probably its a chip in the glass after all!

Cheers!

[edit on 19-1-2008 by mikesingh]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join