It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IN THE FRONT...i'm talkin' to you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
OK..so alot of people like to post stuff that has already been posted like..what a billion times....
that's why I don't author alot of threads. personaly if I don't have links and something to say, I just post to others threads and I try not to post stuff that is a copy of other threads...you do have to dig a bit with the search feature.
That said...I think that certain things need to be kept up front so those who don't read ATS on a daily basis (why wouldn't you do that) see some of the stuff and those of you that don't have a life,( like me) remember....
Personaly, ATS is one of the best chat/forum sites i've seen and the web sluthing that some of its member do is far above anything else i've seen. I think ATS goes along way in trying to be its motto.... DENY IGNORANCE...... Call me a conspirancy freak, lunitic, right wing fanatic, blah blah blah.....alot of what is found by those who do their homework is exceptionaly noteworthy and save those who don't have hours to spend on the web alot of time finding very important info on the current state of events in the world and america. Certain things, I think should be up front all the time. Personaly I have my favorite subject, which incidentaly when I first started ATS, I didn't read much at all. I think it affects everbody, but for those in america, I think it affects them the most...yes i'm biased because I live in america.
So , everytime somebody repost something on 911 ect , I will read it because it affects my life and those of those around me...and it will affect those in other countries in the long run.
I think ATS is or can be very influential the bringing down the walls of peoples personal ignorance and lack of info on many, many subjects. And yes i'm sure this is on of those websites that is monitored by 'those that pull strings'...those of us that have some knowledge in 'other' areas know that this is possible.....so for what it is worth ....................
HOOAH!!!! ATS

p.s. no i didn't get paid for this
but I will acept donations

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well we certainly have a community... and it FEELS like a community. Many other forums just feel like a bunch of strangers sharing info. We here are big dysfunctional family

We help each other get to the root of things and we seek TRUTH (most of us). This is called networking, and it is EXTREMELY beneficial... as we're all part of a big whole, and with our knowledge combined, we can increase our common knowledge exponentially. Our minds are the only real resource we need, well that and the internet helps too
)

So yeah I agree... this is a rare thing! *hugs all the ATS members*

Sorry got caught up in the moment there..

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i'm all teary eyed...maybe it's just the smoke in the room.... most of the other sites i've been to are people who post opinions and no sites to help illistrate their points........i'm filling a whole other hard drive of info i've gathered from links posted on ATS........
hey..there's a black van parked in front of my place......hey..somebodies knocking at the door........hmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It was me, I was trying to ring your door bell, I don't think you have one, so I knocked instead.

That flaming bag..that was there already...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The "repost" issue is often covered off as being a factor of community growth, and newly joining members contributing a new spin or twist on topics.

Sometimes that's very true, sometimes it's not.

I relate to what you said, especially regarding 9/11, which will grow to be an important research topic here as well. It's been written off by some members as history, but hidden inside those events is some of the blackest evil ever perpetrated within the US. The truth will out huh?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
But people who make new threads and say stuff like "I think we will have WWIII soon" are just rattling the same old chain

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
lilblam...true..those are the ones i'm not talkiin g about...........that said, the same old chain sometimes needs to be kept rattling in order for enough people to stop and smell the flowers......or the flaming bag iin front of their doors...
i've got a couple of attack cats ( at least they think they are) that will handle that

certain info is to quick to be pushed aside by the lastest janet jackson law siute or spilled hot cofee lawsiute..the american publis is way to quick to forget and move to the next quick fix.....that is a sure sign that 'they' have the majority right where 'they' want them........
with knowledge comes responsibility......

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This site is a great place to seriously discuss things that elswhere are simply taken as a joke. So far, the people here have really helped me out, especially when I sighted a Green Meteor last night, and I had no idea what it was. I was at first, very skeptical of this site, I am now however very appreciative of it being here, so that I can seriously discuss things on my mind. ATS is a Great Thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
hi.i'm new around these parts.not too knoledgable about posting links or even finding links to broaden my info base,so bear with me.i draw mostly from personal experience and word of mouth from people i trust.i guess i am half on the fence waiting for that irrefutible truth,but i always read the next page hopeing it's there.so many topics where there are just as many people talking about them.this is grrrreat.definately a site for the favorites list

join