It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tom Cruise say something he shouldn't have?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

That video was edited by the Scientologists. They showed it at the presentation of his award.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

Wow!! GT100FV, so that was the way is was shown to the sheeps? No questions from an interviewer? Creepy and creepier still.....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

I met a crazy man at a place I lived once. He told me that when
he came back from vietnam he was very depressed, and scientologists
were at the airport waiting, and they said "We can help you".
They took him to a hotel across the street and dosed him '___',
then sent in a hooker. From that point on, according to him, he's
had mental breakdowns and hallucinations.
Man he'd go off sometimes when his meds wore down, scary.

Did it occur to you at any point that he may have been spouting craziness and not accurately reporting the genesis of his insanity? I have met a few crazies in my time, I actually enjoy talking to them as it at least is more interesting than talking to the "Did you hear what Britney Spears did?" set, but one thing I have learned is that everything they say, EVERYTHING they say, should be taken with a grain of salt. Their alien abduction stories, their Satanic ritual stories, their Scientology '___' stories. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I really didnt understand anything he was saying. It was a bunch of nonsense after awhile. But anyway the COS is a scam and all they wanna do is steal your money. Just like any church

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

science fiction writer, L. Ron Hubbard, began dabbling with the theme of aliens as protagonists in a cosmic battle. Hubbard breifly flirted with Satanism under the guidance of the aging Aleister Crowley, but decided to forge his own idiosyncratic religious belief. By midcentury he was well on his way to founding Scientology, built on the premise that aliens entered a cosmic battle a million years ago and the losers fell to earth where they genetically modified Homo erectus to carry on their genes. There is no direct evidence that Hubbard read Lovecraft, but since both men wrote sci-fi for pulp magazines in the 1930s, it is unlikely that Hubbard was unfamiliar with his rivals work. In fact, since Hubbard was often rumored to steal or appropriate others ideas as his own (related in Russell Miller's Bare-Faced Messiah), this identification with the Cthulhu mythos is not out of the question. Hubbard became friends with L. Sprague De Camp, a protege of Lovecraft, and the two men would often spend late nights sharing stories. Undoubtedly, some of these must have related to De Camp's mentor Lovecraft. At any rate, both Lovecraft and Hubbard created extraterrestrial-based religions. Only Hubbard claimed his was real.

Thus we have seen how the fictional world of H.P. Lovecraft gave rise to alternative archaeology, ancient astronauts and new religions. We have also seen that each of these phenomena produced unforseen consequences affecting life today. From Egyptology to human cloning, Great Cthulhu still stalks the vistas of the human mind, though he has vanished from direct sight and cloaked himself in the guise of science. What began as fiction has become in the minds of many incontrovertible fact with consequences far beyond the make-believe horrors of Lovecraft's fiction.
jcolavito.tripod.com...

From Cthulhu to Cloning

There is a long line of odd goings on.

www.xs4all.nl...

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
I really didnt understand anything he was saying. It was a bunch of nonsense after awhile. But anyway the COS is a scam and all they wanna do is steal your money. Just like any church

Isn't it odd, xHADEEZx, that both you and I have posted on THIS thread, and we each have a -150 on the BTS point count?

I don't know about you, but I have never visited BTS...not even sure how to get there...yet, I have a minus sign...fascinating.

Edit...and this is really fascinating...I posted, and the negative point count went to minus 151...for both of us!! Wow, that is interesting...

[edit on 18-1-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Curing criminals!?

Well, I guess it worked a treat on Charles Manson...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sorry to go kindoff- off topic but

Currently 4chan.org, 7chan.org, all Chan-sites, and a horde of other internetfora are attacking scientology.org (so if it is down you know why)

IRL People are sending huge black faxes, making prank calls, DOS attacks/ spamming their emails, etc...

Hilarious if you ask me

Hail Xenu !

Here is the message to Scientology by anonymous:

A Message to Scientology

Copypasta for faxes, letters, and the media.

Hello, leaders of Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation, your suppression of dissent, your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who have come to trust you as leaders has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind and for our own enjoyment, we shall proceed to expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We recognize you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to be completed in a short timeframe. However, you will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your choice of methods, your hypocrisy and the general artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell. You have nowhere to hide, because we are everywhere. You will find no recourse in attack, because for each of us that falls, ten more will take his place.

We are cognizant of the many who may decry our methods as parallel to those of the Church of Scientology. Those who espouse the obvious truth that your organization will use the actions of Anonymous as an example of the persecution of which you have for so long warned your followers. This is acceptable to Anonymous. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Over time, as we begin to merge our pulse with that of your Church, the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will become aware that salvation needn't come at the expense of their livelihood. They will become aware that the stress and the frustration that they feel is not due to us, but a source much closer to them. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of your own RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by The time lord
He should have become a Christian, ...
[edit on 16-1-2008 by The time lord]

Anytime you use SHOULD or OUGHT you are going to the darkside

I don't blame you for that comment, I just think if Tom Cruise wanted to heal his demons then it would be better to be a Christian.

But he also has a learning problem and he learns in a different way that make it difficult like a form of dyslexia. I guess he wants to help over come all that and help others along the way.

It's true that the government and doctors are using pills to sedate the anti social problems Children have. Which in many circles people agree on as not the answer to the problems. His other methods go to one extreame to another as many reports have suggested about weired natural ways of doing things.

As for the video, it's hard to tell, he could be tired or just into something not yet him self fully understands as he is still learning about it. But he could be better off if he did not use scientology but could see that even from a Christian perspective people some of these problems can be dealt with. It would be better for his image too I think and America would not hold it against him.

As for dyslexia that does not have to be something you pay $50 million for to get help with as it is also reported in his investment in this help towards this scientology group.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
reply to post by Legalizer

There are a lot of donkeys out there that believe a lot of things,
not sure if calling them jackasses is appropriate.

Lots of people believe in Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, Brian Peppers, Jesus Christ,etc...

Laugh to yourself, but name calling isn't cool, everyone is entitled to their own fairy tale.

I would like to start by saying that I only herd about the Co$ about six months ago. When I first discovered all the flak they were taking I tried to defend them as I am a big supported of religious rights.

Then some of the opponents comments about co$ made me start to look into the church for myself, and the more I dug the more horrified I became.

I have no problem with peoples personal beliefs, no mater haw irrational. The problems most of the critics of co$ have with it are:
They force you to give them money in order to be saved. ( and not in the Christian, Jewish, if you have been blessed help the church and if not you are welcome any way.) No, they say that in order to be saved you need to give the church money, and there "audits" (which for those of you who don't know are kind of like a catholic confession) not only cost you money, but they record the session. from what I've herd from ex-members, if you try to leave the church or don't give them money they blackmail you with your confessions.

Not only that but they have been Accused (and in some cases convicted) of crimes ranging from stealing documents from the federal government, to even murder of members who tried to leave.

This is not a religion, any more than the mafia is a religion. They are a business that preys upon the weak, and a criminal organization.

In hubbards own words. "If you want to make a lot of money, start a religion".

I erge all people interested in this debate (even members) to study long and hard both sides of the story as I have done. Do not blindly defend them because of there religious status as I first did

Thaks to all who took the time to read this.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnodnodno
OK time to throw ones hat into the ring..
I dont get it, the previous comments above this one,
Here is a person who is what, looking so so relaxed, extremely confident with himself,
he looks very healthy, and then add to all of this his own financial environment, does he look happy, in my opinion yes, COS or not, surley this world needs more people like this, is he lying to you, stealing from you, short changing you, forcing you to do anything which you dont want to do, anything which goes against your constitution, well correct me pls if i am mistaken but in my opinion i think not, definately sums it up for me in one line, either the spectators come on board or they leave the stadium, and you know what, i am really giving him 10 out of 10 and thats got nothing to do with anything or any surrounding elements with reference to the word crazy. Gold Star Mr Cruise

Very good to see him looking so god damm happy, energised and at one with himself, and as for being crazy dont believe a word.
dno

Watching Tom Cruise on that video reminded me of "back in the day" when myself and a group of friends used to smoke pot or do shrooms and sit across the street from our highschool and zone out while laughing and talking about what morons the kids walking around the campus were! hahahahahhahahahahhaa What can I say? I've grown up since then and stopped doing the drugs. Same mentality though, my brain has now left my body so therefore I am superior. lmao and if you come over here and do what we're doing we'll show you how to get your mind to leave your body too. Who cares if it will harm you in the long run, hey we're not hurting anyone, we do what we do cause it's fun, and for a brief time it makes us feel like we are special. Interesting what an illusion that is, and how distructive. I'm the only free survivor of that group now. Everyone of those friends either died or went to jail. Harm comes in many forms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join