It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tom Cruise say something he shouldn't have?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnodnodno
he looks very healthy, and then add to all of this his own financial environment, does he look happy, in my opinion yes, COS or not, surley this world needs more people like this, is he lying to you, stealing from you, short changing you, forcing you to do anything which you dont want to do, anything which goes against your constitution, well correct me pls if i am mistaken but in my opinion i think not

Euh have we seen the same video i wonder ?

Have you read the transcript of what he said ?

Have you heard his ramblings, incoherent sentences, his maniacal laughter in the middle of his sentences for no apparent reason ?
No wonder CoS doesn't "believe" in pshycology, i know a horde of shrinks who put a straight jacket on Tom in no time

In case you didn't get what he says in the video which is scary:

He's saying/implying that soon the CoS will rule all and all SP's (supressive persons ie someone who questions Scientology beliefs) will be something we only read about in history books. (in other words, a time will come when CoS is the only religion and all others are banned/destroyed)
That for me personally is enough to realise how deluded, and distorted CoS works.

Heck a "religion" founded by a paedophile science fiction writer which resembles a giant pyramid scheme is trouble in my book...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by XyZeR]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Regardless of what he may say in some video interview like this, the way he is with his wife and kid are probably different. The giggle factor almost seems like he's laughing at the script or even embarrassed* by it.

Compared to the bizarre behaviors of some other actors or actresses and singers with addictions, Tom is still a poster boy for most actors. The Mission Impossible theme to me represents his ability or inability to express to others convincingly enough of his knowledge and admiration for Scientology.

Keeping in mind that he's an actor, doesn't make Scientology any more interesting or profound than other groups or religions. Logic should dictate that as far as his personal life is concerned, he probably has learned not to preach to his wife durring or after sex or any other time she forbids it.

Let's not forget John Wayne in "The Quiet Man" isn't always the case. I myself can imagine Kate dressed in leather very easily and that Tom is more often than usual; *A Bad Boy.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
thanks for the info, well we all have opinions, i guess, anyway still say he looks very happy, and very confident with himself, so k sa ra sa ra, whetever will be will be, but honest question with so much talk these days of a NWO, when we look at our ex Tony Blair and ur GW Bush, could they COS really do any worse, in whatever shape or form for the general population and its welfare, because and only in my humble opinion somebody has to lead us sheepee, is that not the general consensus with living on this planet, we the people follow our leaders, but all said and done at least we got rid of Tony B, however news on the street says he may be up for the European Presidency, NOW LOOK, ( a tony b well know phrase here in the UK) if that does not enlighten oneself to the idealism of Bildrbergs, and NWO, then if choices have to be made then TOM from COS or Tony from NWO, i would feel more at ease with Tom, however thats just an opinion, and as for any votes, well lets make them hand counted rather than some fancy electronic machine just to be on the safe side, if u copy as i hear they are also pretty much in the news..as well as Tom.
dno

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First off... is the title of this thread a rhetorical question in and of itself? I can't even bring myself to comment on the video... ol' Tomcat is completely incoherent. It may, or may not be a case of splicing/editing. There is no way that I know of for any of us here to prove either way.
My serious question is this: Why do I never see L. Ron Hubbard? Isn't he the founder and grand poohbah of the CoS? I never read any of his books, but I would suspect that one doesn't just create an entire belief system and then just fade into the woodwork. What is the man "hiding" for? Why does it seem that Tomcat is the only tangible contact the world has with the CoS?
Maverick, this is Goose. Come back to us Maverick! We can help you.

[edit on 16/1/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
there was an article about this in yesterdays NY Daily News. It seems some guy is releasing these vids of Tom, along with some of him speaking to audiences and they're, apparently, frightening and hilarious. In one he says he hates psychiatrtists and says "get your guns." They did say he wasn't promoting the murder of psychiatrists but, rather, playing up his Top Gun persona for effect but some of the things he says are out there and the crowd loves him, chanting LRH when not chanting things about Tom.

Dude's off his rocker.

edited to add the link to yesterday's story
www.nydailynews.com...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Why do I never see L. Ron Hubbard?

The reason is he died in 1986. Amazing the following he has received after a couple of books.

en.wikipedia.org...

Becker

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Thank you Becker, I suspected something like that. This raises the next question in the logical progression: Who's "running the show" now that Hubbard is dead? I am sure that there must be "scholars", and some form of hierarchy in the CoS.
Does Tom speak on behalf of the "church", or is he independantly evangelistic?
Are there factions of the organization?
Sects?
Now that I think of it, I don't know much about the "religion" but for my media-fueled pre-conceived notions. Experience has taught me that is dangerous.
Any good literature/documentation that is objective and not a recruiting tool?
Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

You're more than welcome.

David Miscavige is the "leader" of Scientology. I'll link him through wiki below.

He's a little on the volitale side. He defends his faith with fervor. The BBC did a nice documentary and can easily be found on YouTube or via a google video search. It was entitled "Scientology and Me"

en.wikipedia.org...

Becker

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
tom has gone off the deep end man.....dude is tripped out, insane.

whats with talking somewhat normal and then start whispering?

i see that he as unlocked katie holmes. she has given her first interview in like 2 years.....

THIS is how it should be done.....you're either in or you're out...

don't be glib bwuahahahahah

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
“Create new and better realities and improved conditions”
I wonder what he means by this. Does this mean that he successfully changed his reality? He has stated before that if it weren’t for Scientology he wouldn’t have the success that he does.

He keeps on referring to KSW. I researched it and found it is a policy letter that everyone in the religion must comply to. They must follow it. Here is a pdf of KSW 1.

KSW

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

I met a crazy man at a place I lived once. He told me that when
he came back from vietnam he was very depressed, and scientologists
were at the airport waiting, and they said "We can help you".
They took him to a hotel across the street and dosed him '___',
then sent in a hooker. From that point on, according to him, he's
had mental breakdowns and hallucinations.
Man he'd go off sometimes when his meds wore down, scary.

That doesn't make much sense, since most of the scientology stories I hear is about them "clearing" people from drugs etc. They have a strong stance against drugs of any kind, prescribed or otherwise.

This sounds very dubious to me. It would be like claiming satanists gave someone a Christian bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Anyone who states "It should be such and such a way" is deluded. There is no way that things *should* be. Things *are*, period.

Now there are tons of ways people *want* the world to be, but to say there is a way that *should* be is raising a personal or collective desire to the level of divine construct, which just fuels extremism.

Really, thats the first step to finding out how far along the spiritual path someone has gone, if they still feel that the world is not the way it *should* be, then you've learned all you can from them

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

Thanks Comma8Comma1 for finding this!

Anyone else hear the stories that his 'wives' are in a fixed contract to pose as his 'beard' to deflect attention from his boyfriend in Chicago?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
He should have become a Christian, he is losing his soul in this. Although his beliefs have some meaning, they don't have to be part of a seperate group of thinking, it's deep but he can take it to another direction. You don't need scientology to do it, just basic natural science without the cult status as I think the cult/religion is too boarderlined and should be seperate.

At least with Christianity he would be more sane if he brought the level of understanding in its all round subjective elements. He would find history to tell and even make movies about, he likes history it seems. He could also be post Apocaliptic in his movies too. MI3 had that mark of the beast microchip and the religious element to it. He could be a better and interesting person and actor if he went to that side of things.

I have a feeling he may have some gay elements to his personality and he is trying to fight it with scientology, and anything Christian will only make him worse because so many preachers on TV are so anti-gay that it will put those in need off the subject. Preachers can be so self praised in being straight in all they do, that any wrongs become easy to backlash without having to fear the others because they lack less faults in their lives and people can not argue with them.

I blame them that America's most popular celebrity has turned to the dark side, many Christians have let people down with the 'Your are a sinner approach.'

I think Christianity if Tom believed or understood the deeper version of Christinty he would be very interested in it and support it. His deep minded concentration level would be good for him in long terms in this subject with out it. I think his current state is becoming demonic in nature and maybe he is channelling something evil and if he does not pull out he will just be a zombie at the end of it. Everybody likes him, but he is turning into an Alien in disguise.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sheesh, I think you are all going a bit overboard here. So he laughs like a maniac here and there, then talks very low. Those ARE Tom's manerisms. I seen him with James Lipton on that actors guild show or whatever, he behaves that way all the time, that's just him. He's a bit eccentric. It doesn't make him crazy. He was like that before he discovered scientology.

Plus adding a creepy rendition of the MI theme, and wierd cut/editting, with strange noises accompanying each, makes the video wierder than it really is.

My guess is the CoS is pulling this particular video because of how many times he almosts states, either your in or your out. That's no way to gain members. He should be saying look into Scientology, see if it's for you, if you feel lost in life and you don't find other mainstream religions for you, maybe scientology is for you.

Not this, "No standing on on the sidelines thinking about it", bit. Yes or No right now! are you in or out? That's just not good business, and yes all religions should be and are conducted like a business.

That's probably just Tom's over-zealousness for the CoS, but talk like that , as I said is not good for business, not good for gaining new members.

But with or without Scientology, I believe Tom is a wierd dude, and would have been either way. That's just the way he acts, many Actors are eccentric, and behave really odd, even when doing interviews out of character.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I appreciate what you're saying but not until you visit the grounds of the Scientology center in Los Angeles, or have met a few of it's members should you really make up your mind.

Of course Cruise "seems" just a little off but harmless, he's the celebrity face (among many) that the "church" uses to recruit people. If you or I were to join and work for the church we would be required to wear matching outfits with color coordinated polo shirts depending on our OT level (or day of the week, I'm not sure exactly) and live in one of the numerous apartment buildings that the CoS has quietly purchased in the Silverlake/ East Hollywood area of Los Angeles. We would then be charged exorbitant amounts of money to progress the the levels of Scientology and to hopefully one day become "clear".
If you read some of the often confusing and rambling words of L. Ron Hubbard you will find that he explicitly states celebrities are not to be charged for these auditing sessions and should only donate what they feel is necessary. This is to attract more celebs. Not very church-like now is it?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Tom Cruse may be a great actor but that doesn't mean that he knows anything else.

His rambeling suggest that he somehow feels that he should be respected and listened to. If he were not a celeberty, no one would pay any attention to him.

He wouldn't be on Oprah. He would be no different than anyone else.

The fact that he can't focus long enough to actually say something puts him in the lower IQ catagories (in my opinion). Remember half the people are below average. I think he falls into that catagory.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
NOLA213, thank you, at least i am not the only one who thinks that even if he is slightly off the speedo dial, that he's not exactly crazy, should be hung drawn and quartered, locked up in a mental ward, key thrown away, i find it a bit strange all this negative influence directed at TC, when if u logically evaluate the interview, he seems full of energy, focused and very comfortable with himself, and content, all u have to do is look at his facial mannerisms to see that, he's talking with belief, and very confidently, would some one pls be kind enough to point out to me if possible where in this interview he comes across as certifiable, and pls if its because he lowers his voice then i can think of but one expression OMG
dno

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

A good primer on not only the history of the CoS as well as it's current legal actions against dissenters is:

www.xenu.net...

I'm all for freedom of religion and could care less if you worship Allah or your pet cat, but this organization is a pyramid scheme based on control and manipulation and not on any religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

Hey, Comma8,

I grew up in the LA area and know Silverlake. It is not inexpensive real estate! The CoS have done quite well separating people from their money, thank you very much. A lot of affluent Gay people live in the area too...could be coincidence. Nothing wrong with being homosexual, of course. Unless you're in their 'church'...

You know, these nuts have an incredibly beautiful location right in DC as well...corner of Connecticut Ave and 'R' St. VERY valuable property, very beautiful brick mansion converted for their, well, converts...all extremely disturbing, this amount of money and they claim 'tax-exempt' status by calling it a 'church'!! Total BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join