It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tom Cruise say something he shouldn't have?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you haven't already please check out this leaked scientology video of a Tom Cruise acceptance speech:

gawker.com...

There is an obvious uproar within the Church of Scientology (CoS) concerning this and over the past few days the video has been posted, then pulled, from various sites on the internets.

My question is why is the CoS so upset over this video? Aside from his behavior being odd (nothing new) and his rambling on in circles is there anything that maybe we're missing? This video to the best of my knowledge was viewed by members of the church at an event where Cruise won the "Freedom Medal of Valor" (biting tongue) award.

Scientology is known for some shady dealings with the public and it's congregation but is there something here in Tom's message that maybe should not have been said?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Comma8Comma1]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hey this is interesting!

Wonder what he said. Imagine if he got kicked out.... if he was they would blackmail him not to say anything bad about it if he did.

Hrmm...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
hmmmmm
it has a ugenics feel to it..... create the perfect world ,
and "your with us or your not attitude does sound creepy.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well the rambling on in circles kind of shows his programming.
He's got no new original thought, its all what he's been told.
You just need some other scientologists on video, and you'll find
they are saying the same phrases over and over.

What kind of jackass believes a religion made up by a science fiction author?

I met a crazy man at a place I lived once. He told me that when
he came back from vietnam he was very depressed, and scientologists
were at the airport waiting, and they said "We can help you".
They took him to a hotel across the street and dosed him '___',
then sent in a hooker. From that point on, according to him, he's
had mental breakdowns and hallucinations.
Man he'd go off sometimes when his meds wore down, scary.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It is probably being pulled because he has people in places that can pull it. I wouldnt be surprised if he starts suing people who put the video up
He just doesnt like the negative attention he gets when he goes off on one of his tangents. LOL

I too keep seeing the video posted everywhere....but when I go to click on it, it has been removed already. LOL

Someone needs to download it...then host it somewhere like photobucket.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
he's right, being a scientologist, we are here to help and we people come to us for advice and help. When he says, "WE" he means we the aliens. Good job Tom!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My take. That is one furry eyed freaky interview. Kind of scared me a little, and I don't scare easy.
Got time on late evening news tonite. Lead in was 'this Cruise outdoes Oprah's couch.'

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
BTW this video is edited to make him sound crazy. I know editing, and you can do that with anyone. Just have anyone talk to the camera, edit it your way, add some crazy music and anyone would look crazy. Nothing crazy about the video.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Look into the eyes Obie 1. Cruiseness is certifiable. But I'm sure some class of yours would state otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Look into the eyes Obie 1. Cruiseness is certifiable. But I'm sure some class of yours would state otherwise.

nah, see, if I took a video of you talking for 15 mins. and edited it my way..I can make you look crazy. he's not crazy at all. Some of the stuff he says makes more sense than half the people that post here.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

There are a lot of donkeys out there that believe a lot of things,
not sure if calling them jackasses is appropriate.

Lots of people believe in Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, Brian Peppers, Jesus Christ,etc...

Laugh to yourself, but name calling isn't cool, everyone is entitled to their own fairy tale.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Oohhh, Jedd, taking off the gloves I see. This coming from the Cali guy who would like to open a bunker named ats and bring the beer, and make love to a woman right.
Riiiigggghhhhhht.
Personally, I liked the acorn head Floridian old people's sunshade side shot better than the kitty laser sword, but tha's just me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Personally, I liked the acorn head Floridian old people's sunshade side shot better than the kitty laser sword, but tha's just me.

soon enough. I plan to put those shades back. Maybe during the summer. so you still bringing the beer? maybe we can have tom give us a lecture and entertain the girls. while I play with my cat.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Tom Cruise has just lost it.... this is disturbing behaviour, bordering insanity...

Especially the psycho laughs in the middle of sentences.... creepy.

here's a transcript of what he said word for word....

It's like he's almost possessed ....(by Xenu ?)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well CoS is having issues here in Germany, so if you can't host it, lemme know

Youtube.de is legally German and can't be touched or sued by an orginisation that is banned or not recognised by the German Government

Also there are 100 other similar German sites that they can't touch with a 10 foot pole....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If this is how the video appeared in public then i'm guessing its been pulled because of the editing.Tom can be a scary guy when talking about C.O.S.but this video makes him look worse,theres no flow to it because the editing is terrible.

We all know how editing can make someone seem like their saying or doing a certain thing one way when they're really not.

A good example of this is from here in the UK when the BBC got in trouble for an advert about their new programe on the Monarchy.A part of it showed the Queen (in what appeared to be) storming out from a photo shoot for being asked to remove her crown.yet this never happened as,for those who watched the show will know,the Queen did remove her crown.It was all down to editing!

It should also be noted that famous members of C.O.S. can not give interviews without other members being present,just in case they say something they shouldn't.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I got this defintion for an SP, via a google search. i cant say its exact but.......

SP, Suppressive Person, an evil person; someone who criticizes Scientology in any way

Tom Cruise says something along the lines

"You know what I'm saying? Maybe one day *giggle* it will be... wow, SP? Like.. they'll be reading about those in the history books, you know? *haha*"

So effectivley he is saying that he wants to convert or maybe?.. get rid of! all non-scientologists

He then continues later....

" it's like man, you either in or you're out. That spectator is been in something.. that is, we have no time for, you know?
So it's our responsibility to... educate... create the new reality, you know? We have that new responsibility to say "hey, this is the way it should be done" "

This is way out there, NWO perhaps

Also the Mission impossible style theme music in the background!!! whats up with that.... was that added afterwards do you think?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Sandals24]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thats true of nearly every religion though.

They want to convert ppl and those they can't are to be damned and got rid of,they also want to have the world (reality) as they see it.

They all think they have the ideal vision of what should be and they all think they should be in charge.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Oohhh, Jedd, taking off the gloves I see. This coming from the Cali guy who would like to open a bunker named ats and bring the beer, and make love to a woman right.
Riiiigggghhhhhht.

I agree about the acorn head!lol, maybe good'ole Tom can host in his 10k bunker heh? ill bring the beer!

Edit: Fixed quote

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OK time to throw ones hat into the ring..
I dont get it, the previous comments above this one,
Here is a person who is what, looking so so relaxed, extremely confident with himself,
he looks very healthy, and then add to all of this his own financial environment, does he look happy, in my opinion yes, COS or not, surley this world needs more people like this, is he lying to you, stealing from you, short changing you, forcing you to do anything which you dont want to do, anything which goes against your constitution, well correct me pls if i am mistaken but in my opinion i think not, definately sums it up for me in one line, either the spectators come on board or they leave the stadium, and you know what, i am really giving him 10 out of 10 and thats got nothing to do with anything or any surrounding elements with reference to the word crazy. Gold Star Mr Cruise

Very good to see him looking so god damm happy, energised and at one with himself, and as for being crazy dont believe a word.
dno

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join