It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules To Be A UFO Debunker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I rented a UFO Insiders DVD and Stanton Friedman set out some rules "If you want to be a successful UFO Debunker." He goes on to explain how which reminds me of a lot of skeptics at ATS.

So, here are some tips from Stanton if you want to be a UFO Debunker.

1. Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
2. If the public does not know, I am not going to tell them.
3. If you can't attack the data, attack the people because it's easier.
4. Do your research by proclamation because investigation is too much trouble.
5. Absence of evidence is evidence of absence because looking is too much trouble.
6. All believers are liars and only non believers are telling the truth.
7. UFO believers are only involved for the money.
8. Non believers turn all their money over to charities.
9.The proper way to do UFO document research is from ones arm chair, because archival visits are too much trouble.
10. Defame dead people because one can not be sued for liability of a dead person.
11. And only Rosewell newspapers had relevant news about Rosewell.

I got a few chuckles out of this when I watched it. I just wanted this to share with my fellow ATS folks.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Turn over the coin and hardcore believers are exactly the same.

Things can be PROVEN hoaxes and mis-identifications time and time again and yet still some refuse to believe it (eg. drones, lake erie footage).

You need skeptics. Without them we'd have hardcore believers building shrines in their gardens to signal the drones and Haiti UFO's.

Extremism in anything is never a good thing. Fair skeptics are what the UFO community needs to sort the chaff from the wheat, and fair believers are needed to bring the stories to the skeptics attention and keep them in check during the reviewing of the evidence.

Hardcore skeptics and hardcore believers are both as bad as each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As fooffstarr stated, significant skepticism or credence is never a good thing. One should always approach these issues with an open mind. Let the information presented to you determine the accuracy of statements. Any initial conjecture is likely to cause you to base your observations on said conjecture rather than fact.

There should be no "skeptics" just as there should be no "unwaivering believers."

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JBurns

I agree with your statement and I always try to stay in the middle and I don't believe every UFO video that you see on YouTube or elsewhere.

I don't believe in every story of abduction but I listen to what they have to say.

I think for as long as I have been following this phenomenon, I have finally begun to figure out that there could be types of UFO that is created by our Military Infrastructure and some UFO's I believe are the real or hyper dimensional craft. I would have to say you have a little of both.

I don't mind skeptics stating their beliefs and I do listen, but it's the skeptics that make claims without proof or explanations that support their theory that bothers me once in a great while.

To be fair to the skeptics, I can understand why they feel the way they do at times and I do understand why they like to have had evidence or proof. How can you prove what you can't explain or really understand what you're seeing.

Thank you both for the feedback but just wanted to share what I saw on the movie.

top topics

join