It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow in Oakland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Greetings,

I'd like to share two very short dreams I had about snow falling here in Oakland.

In the first dream I saw snow falling and I said to my son, "Look! It's snowing!" And it was a kinda mushy snow, but enough snow to cover the ground.

Then today I woke up from a dream of seeing snow here again. It seemed to have been storming.

Maybe these dreams came along after my son and I saw our first snow when we went up to be with my Uncle's family in the Sierras after his passing? His son told my mother that we may see snow when we go up there. This was exciting news to hear so that evening both me and my son prayed that the snow would be there for sure.

As we drove up, my husband said, "Look! the cars have snow on them." I looked and sure enough, there was snow piled on the cars but nothing in the surrounding areas. Then we drove up more towards the hills, and then we saw the landscape and there was snow. It was so beautiful that I even cried. My husband turned back to me and said, "You never saw snow?" I said no...I've been in the city all my life.

When we got up to see my uncle's family, they told us that it had just started at 4 in the morning and that my uncle really loved the snow.

As I thought upon the two dreams this evening, I tried searching for history on snow here but found this one website about:
San Francisco Snowstorms

My mother told me it snowed for a half an hour one time, back before I was born. My uncle's daughter-in-law came up to us as we were playing in the snow and said that it did snow in Oakland before too. I said to her, "Really?", she said, "oh yeah!"

Well, here's to wishful thinking...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Keep on with your wishful thinking ... back in the mid 70's we had a wonderful snow in Tucson, Az. We all loved it. I now live in a very snowy area where people are not as appreciative of the weather changes.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, why not. It's La Nina and it has just begun.

NASA: La Nina is peaking

"With this La Nina, the sea-surface temperatures are about two degrees (lower) than normal in the eastern Pacific and that's a pretty significant difference," said David Adamec of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "I know it doesn't sound like much, but remember this is water that probably covers an area the size of the United States. It's like you put this big air conditioner out there -- and the atmosphere is going to feel it."

Temperatures where I am are 5 degrees Celsius lower than normal, so that's 9 degrees for you yanks.

join