It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes, I see atheists gathering around.
In Large groups at Universities and Foundations Paid for with tax dollars!
The last 'gathering' I know of, was the Crystal Clear Atheism one.
How many have you actually seen though. And what do you suppose the ratio is of how many religious gatherings I've seen vs how many atheist gatherings you've seen?I'm guessing the difference would be substantial.As far as tax dollars go, these days seems like our taxes pay for everything under the sun besides what we think it should be used for.Thats lawyer stuff and lobbying, you can push just about anything through with enough money and influence.There's a jedi religion that gets tax exempt status I heard.

In America, it is only from what WE Christians donate, FOR the MOST part..
Little old ladies and single parents and families TRYING to afford to live and 'stuff' WHO donate and tithe!
Hey thats all fine and good, people are generous for a cause they believe in. But we both know that organized religion is getting some kind of government assistance. And thats being paid for out of my paycheck.Yeah its probably some small change in the grand scheme of things, but it's another use of my money I don't agree with that I can add to the ever growing list.I have no love for Atheists out there filing frivolous lawsuits either.

See my thread on the inquisitions, please.
I will gladly do so if you'll kindly link it and tell me why it's relevant to what we're talking about here.

Well, protestants have yet to recieve an apology, so there you go.
Another win for men with agendas and their pride.Everything suffers from it.

Atheism WILL be a tool of the Roman church (for a while, at least) during the Great Tribulation.
Grrreeeaat.Another reason for believers to not like me in upcoming holy wars.WHat did I do to you again?Really, no matter how hard I try to stay out of your way, you're gonna suck me in one way or the other.

It depends on WHICH religion. Christians have the victory over the World, Sin, Death, Hell and the Grave through Jeshua!

I can't even begin to address the problems with this.So I'm not going to,suffice it to say I see more ego than piety there.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

it is indeed the public realm but let me clarify. It is the practice of that I was talking about in the "public realm" There is a vast difference in people discussing a religion and people pracicing a religion in public . There is a vast difference is the study/discussion of any religion and a man on the corner telling me I'm going to hell through a megaphone and I need to accept jesus. There is a big difference between the study of a religion in school and saying O,K, break out your woven mats kids, we are all going to pray to allah.

I do not go to neighborhood community meetings at churches. It's a place of forship and piblic meetings have no place being held there.

Any yes I did say this in verbatim

That being said, I do feel that people should have a right to practice what they believe SO LONG AS IT DOES NOT COME INTO THE PUBLIC REALM IN ANY WAY.

You are no disallowed in any way to talk with us about it and I really don't see how you came away with that. Do I want you preaching to me, no. There is a big difference between practicing and talking about. As far as the conspiracy bit goes, is any part of that directed only @ Christians?

[edit on 123030p://000 by shizzle5150]

[edit on 123030p://000 by shizzle5150]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! Atheists gathering in groups? What are we to do? I see Blacks gathering in groups too. Sometimes on street corners and Mexicans. They are all over the place. And Muslims.....they're weird and they are all terrorists, right? And what about the Jews...do we trust them? I don't think so. They are not "like us."

I said it before, I think all Atheists and any other non-Christians should have to wear big stars made out of different colors, so we can see clearly who the enemy is. I mean, those Atheists look alot like us.

And Homosexuals....can't trust them. Make them wear pink stars, right? Everyone that isn't a Christian should be taken out and killed, don't you think? Maybe put them and camps and starve them top death. Why have ANYONE around that doesn't think like you perfect specimens?

Jesus would be so proud of all you "Christians."

Are any of you familiar with the Constitution?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
no conspiracy about it really, just plain religious belief and logic, satan vs God, there was war in the heavens before we were created and it still wages, it has now entered earths realm

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Sizzle,

while you have stated the intentions of your post, you can see with your own eyes how your subject title is an open invitation for certain group to bash Atheists.

I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt. I am taking the chance that you are not baiting people and that you are sincere in your intentions. If you were serious about bringing people together, you should change your subject title to reflect a more positive nature, or at the very least try to be neutral. Something like "How theist and atheist can respect each other", "how to live in harmony", "suggestions to co-exist peacefully" or even, "how to tell the truth from the lies". Seriously, your "Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?" is not working the way you want.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
"Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?"

The truth cannot be overthrown - only illusions replaced with other illusions.

Is Christianity the truth should be the question.

If its the truth, then it doesnt matter what anyone tries or wishes - all that attacks it will be for naught, and will not prevail, and not because of some great struggle to defend the truth....no the opposite, truth needs no defense - it stands on its own.

That which needs to be defended is not truth, but ego/false self.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 28-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantopithecus

Hi,
Welcome to ATS.
I wholly agree with your unhappiness with the post title. I agree that (on my part), that it wasn't well thought out.
I was relatively new on board when I posted this. I regret even opening the thread. But the time to change any of it, or edit anything; is long past.
Peace is very important to me. I have many friends who are either Atheist or believe things that differ from my beliefs. I would never knowingly offend them.
I completely uphold people's right to have freedom of religion or non-religion.

Thank you for your input. I hope you enjoy your membership here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i think what the OP stated could be viewed from the other side as christians have a plan to overthrow atheists. i mean, just watch "jesus camp" and you can understand why some would hold such a view.

no one has the right to impose their beliefs onto you. i have been through both a "christian" phase (that was imposed on me all of my childhood) and through an atheist phase (simply because i was shedding what i had been taught all my life as being the absolute truth).

i am now, for the most part, a comfortable agnostic (your view vs their view and neither one can prove it more than the other, but my view that works for me is that we do have a creator, but he can't be found on the surface of anything, rather behind it all lol).

this in no way is an insult to all "christians" and if in fact you are a christian and understand what i am saying, i believe you 'understand' the creator; BUT i have met atheists who have a better view of the world and understand that what we are meant to know comes from the heart and not from a book (even the bible). sometimes christians tend to worship their bible rather than the creative force behind the bible. this creative force can be found everywhere, not just in the bible, and most importantly it can be found in the very essence of our being.

either side, atheists and christians, can have the tendency to wanna force their opinion down the other throats, and that is wrong no matter what side you are on.

but a particular message if you are christian: if you claim to believe the bible, then you really should be consistent w/ the places that talk about that there will not be anyone that can claim they have an excuse for not knowing their creator.

do you trust the creator or not? if you trust him, then you should be able to respect the free will given BY THE CREATOR to every human to choose what they believe, even if it is opposition to what you believe in. you should also trust that God doesn't NEED YOUR PROOF of his existence when it comes to other ppl. if he revealed himself to you, trust that he will reveal himself in his way and in his time to those who he knows will accept it.

anything less than this is imposing YOUR agenda onto others and i highly doubt God has much tolerance for that, even if you do claim him and what you believe is his word. remember even the devils believe and tremble.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Hey Sizzle,

Thank you. I recognise your sincerity. Your reply said it all. You get a star from me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't believe there is a "conspiracy" nor do I believe that Christianity is being "overthrown". What I DO believe is that people are starting to realize that they have a choice here...

1. Believe in a figure that you can't see, hear, or physically lay your hands on to make him tangible.

OR.....

2. People are starting to believe in themselves, starting to look inside themselves for the answers they long for.

No conspiracy there friend, just plain old self-realization, that's all.
There isn't anything wrong with that is there?

If I stated that I don't believe in a god that I cannot see, talk to or attain responses from, that doesn't mean that I don't believe there is a source of some sort, somewhere that gives me hope, helps me carry on through the rough undercurrents of life.

There is a piece of divinity inside all of us, human kind. It is each persons right to find that, and respect and adore it for what it is. So what if people don't go to christian churches and praise the name of their "God", it is their option to exercise that right, is it not? You don't have to go to church to believe in God. We can all pray if we wish in our very own homes.

Conspiracy? No....
Awakening? Yes...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66   >>

join