It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

No, there is none.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Simple, I would tell him I lead a good life. I gave more for others than I did for myself. I've done many things that "I" believe make me a good person, that entitles me to "entering st. Peter's gates" if such a place exists.
If thats not good enough, then I guess i'm # outta luck

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
WE are ALL sinners. That is why we needed a Savior. Now, That is all that I have to say about it.

Boy, the phantasm really has you by the short ones. You are hooked deep.

Speak for yourself. As a hedonist, I could care less if anyone else considers what I do to be sinful. The aim of religion seems to be sado-masochism and self-deprivation. Talk about boring. If it were up to them you would never smile, never laugh, never have fun. The weird thing is that the priests and the pastors all enjoy the hell out of themselves while you're fasting or praying or self-flagellating.

Despite what organized religions are telling you, you CAN enjoy life without breaking the law. Break out of your box. Take a chance. Have a drink. Smoke a cigar. Swim in deep, dark, shark-infested waters.

Live! Rely on yourself instead of an institution.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's simple really. In the West, we are raised in an environment of EXCLUSIVE religions...we are right, you are wrong. Therefore, when one becomes an Atheist, he or she retains this "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude. Both the Atheist and the Christian see the other as ignorant, and dismissing of their "evidence" that supports their belief, whichever side they are on.

There is no "secret" agenda, it's quite overt. In addition, because this country (the US) espouses separation of church and state, the Atheist finds it offensive when state sponsored (anything) uses judeo-christian language, symbols, etc.

Personally, I'm of more of an Eastern mindset (live and let live, and be more INCLUSIVE of other religions), but as an Agnostic, that's an easy position to take I suppose...

The funny thing is, many Atheists have read the Bible far more than the average Christian, so if you're a Christian and you want to engage in a debate with an Atheist, it's probably a good idea to take a look inside that book...as you may be surprised at what you find there, for good or bad.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am an Atheist.

Religion, money and power are the main reasons for WAR on this planet.
Once we get rid of religion (no "forcing") we will simply eliminate religion from the three and be left with two other main choices, neither of which will ever go away.

Some Atheists like to pretend that all WAR in the world is caused by religion.
Some Atheists like to pretend that all HATE in the world is caused by religion.
Some Atheists like to pretend that all EVIL in the world is caused by religion.
Some Atheists like to pretend that all non religious regimes, coultures and people are and have always been... peaceful.

We tend to convince ourselves that anything bad, immoral, or "evil" that happens to come from a religious person is a vindication that the entire religion is invalidated and unworthy.

There are many examples on this thread of that.
"My neighbor did.." "He was acting like..."

We tend to overlook the good religion can do and overstate the extent that Atheism can fill the void.

We also seem to attract the militant Atheists and put them front and center in the "fight" of "common sense".

Some on here think that all Atheists are peaceful, and wouldn't force anyone to change his or her beliefs but they ignore the signs, the words and the venom, that shows otherwise.

The contempt some Atheists show here on ATS and other places towards anyone who "believes" is just as bad if not worse than the extremism to which they rail about. They just changed sides; nothing else has changed for them.

I wish my fellow Atheists would stop attacking. I wish my fellow Atheists would start explaining their positions in a non confrontational and non condescending manner.
All I see are bitter ramblings, "we are smarter than you" posts, and constant put downs of what some feel to be the core of their souls.

It's sad. I fell sad for us, my fellow Atheists. We are not as different as we pretend to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
I wish my fellow Atheists would stop attacking. I wish my fellow Atheists would start explaining their positions in a non confrontational and non condescending manner.

An atheist did not start this thread.. this thread was started PURELY to attack and condemn atheists while claiming to be victim of them. Just the title of the thread proves this.

How dare someone accuse me of being involved in some elaborate plot against their religion. Thats delusional.. not to mention really hypocritical given all the cultures and people that were systematically wiped out in the name of christianity.

Your views on atheists are extreamily inacurrate and judgemental. You do not speak for me nor do you have any insight [atheist or not] into what makes me an atheist. Atheists have not entered this thread to attack christianity.. but to DEFEND themselves from the OPs slander and blatent political baiting.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anatomic Bomb

Originally posted by sizzle
WE are ALL sinners. That is why we needed a Savior. Now, That is all that I have to say about it.

Boy, the phantasm really has you by the short ones. You are hooked deep.

Talk about boring. If it were up to them you would never smile, never laugh, never have fun. The weird thing is that the priests and the pastors all enjoy the hell out of themselves while you're fasting or praying or self-flagellating.

Despite what organized religions are telling you, you CAN enjoy life without breaking the law. Break out of your box. Take a chance. Have a drink. Smoke a cigar. Swim in deep, dark, shark-infested waters.

What's really funny here, is that before I became a born-again Christian, I thought the same thing as you. I guess that's why I waited until I was nearly thirty. I was afraid to give up all of my fun!
What a laugh! I have never been happier nor had more fun. I do not belong to any organizations that teach Man-made doctrine. If the Lord didn't teach it, I do not practice it. He the Son sets free, is free indeed. I never cared for drinking anyway. Nor drugging. But I do like my cigarettes!
And I laugh a lot. I sing and dance. I am not missing a thing.

Pssssst! I almost forgot. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I even go to the bar with my girlfriends. We love live music!

[edit on 17-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Most atheists and materialists are against any form of spiritulaity whatsoever. To say that they are just "out to get Christianity," is not only naive, but untruthful.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This might help ease some tensions in this thread. We don't believe it is a matter of -ists (Atheists, Satanists, Humanists, etc.) out to get Christianity but -isms. Why? Again, because it is not a battle against flesh and blood (-ists) but against powers and principalities (-isms).

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
this thread is ignorant. Us atheists aren't trying to overthrow Christianity. We're trying to overthrow religion altogether, Atheists are trying to make a safe and peaceful world, both of which are impossible as long as organized religion is around

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
this thread is ignorant. Us atheists aren't trying to overthrow Christianity. We're trying to overthrow religion altogether, Atheists are trying to make a safe and peaceful world, both of which are impossible as long as organized religion is around

Yeah
I gotta admit
Most of you guys sound
real peaceful

Edit: Peace and goodwill everybody! Need to get a few hours of beauty sleep. Catch you all later this afternoon.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not. Atheists aren't violent, the most aggressive thing we do is make fun of religion on the internet. I want you to name ONE Atheist who did violent things in the name of Atheism

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

actually, we have no problem with spirituality... spirituality is something separate from the supernatural. you can climb up a mountain and have a profound experience that you'd call "spiritual" for lack of a better word... but have nothing supernatural about it

we're against all forms of supernatural explanations, to be more exact.

and, i'm just going to say it right now:
we are far from an organized, coherent group.
we are really incapable of pulling off a conspiracy of this size due to this lack of organization.

the biggest group of atheists that i know of in america right now isn't more than 20,000... and it's a facebook group
if we can't even organize 1 million atheists in a country with AT LEAST 3 million atheists, how are we going to conspire to overthrow a religion?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
I wonder sometimes if we will last another 2000 years.

No, we won't. But not for the reasons you think. Human beings are a transitional species. Well before 2,000 from now, we will have very good control over our own DNA, allowing us to evolve away from humanity as we choose. Also, our machines will gain real intelligence (maybe even a "soul") and reproduce on their own. They will become our children, much better suited than us to travel and spread through space.

So we won't last very long. Not because of our evil, but because of our cleverness and good intentions.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's some fun information:

American Atheists founded by the Fred Phelps of atheism, Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Also, Godless Americans Political Actions Committe.

Looks like they have some brainwashing and agenda pushing in the works. I love the one about the atheist suing Wal-Mart since he was fired for not dressing up as Santa Claus. Santa is about as religious as the Tooth Fairy. Also trying to get the tax exemption for churches and ministers revoked. Lots of fun. I also enjoyed their donation links. Wonder if they have tax exempt status.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL I love how you assume that its full of brain washing. The church has been brainwashing people for YEARS, Atheists provide SCIENCE. I personally don't want a bunch of idiots believing in evolution on blind faith without actually understanding it. Blind Faith might be fine for religion, not for atheism. The guy suing walmart is just a being a dumb ass. And EVERYONE has an agenda, EVERYONE. Oh and I don't think any Atheist organizations have tax-exempt status yet, but since they're fighting against it, I doubt they'd take it if it was offered

madnessinmysoul you have a point, its not really a conspiracy, its just individual efforts

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This was a fun little comment about my avatar. Not sure what is so bad about someone having a cross as their avatar on an internet forum but I suppose some find meaning in their life by complaining about trivial things?

[edit on 1/17/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a conspiracy that would be cool.
OR WE COULD JUST DO WHAT THE CHRISTIANS DID
have a holy crusade.
kill and slaughter hundreds of thousands until they accept our religion.
conspiracy or crusade?
anybody have a coin

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancrom
a conspiracy that would be cool.
OR WE COULD JUST DO WHAT THE CHRISTIANS DID
have a holy crusade.
kill and slaughter hundreds of thousands until they accept our religion.
conspiracy or crusade?
anybody have a coin

QUICK CALL IT!

And AshleyD you complain about people yelling at you for having a cross as an avatar, but you then compare Atheists to Communists.....why do you think you deserve peoples sympathy?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Here's some fun information:

American Atheists founded by the Fred Phelps of atheism, Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

I seem to recall that O'Hair and her son ended up murdered and their bodies dumped into a 55-gallon drum. Nasty business all around. Good old money appeared to be the motive, however, and not religion. So I guess she's either burning in Hell now, or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join