It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Rizla, I sure am glad you go a new Avatar. That other one was scary as dooky doo. This one's much better.

Sorry, off topic...I've asked for it to be closed, so I'm going to shut up now.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
That is the truth Con. For instance, the Bible clearly calls homosexuality a sin; yet one look at all these very recent threads:

1. Homosexuality is Not Condemned by Christianity (Proof from the Bible!)
  2. Who can agree with me when I say that being Gay is wrong?
  3. Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."
  4. What DOES the Bible say about Homosexuality?

And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant. Atheism and secular humanism are behind this "politically correct" movement. Then there are also those who call themselves Christians yet are "grasping at straws" to claim the Bible doesn't really mean what it "sounds like" it is saying. They have simply fallen victim to the accusations like you say...

It is hard to take a stand these days.

But if you don't stand for something...

You might just fall for

Atheism.

Well you might be under the impression that ATS is a Christian forum, it isn't. Sorry if this come as a blow to you but you are going to get varied topics and if you can't deal with that maybe ATS isn't for you. From the T&C:

6b) Neutrality: The Above Network, LLC provides a forum for discussing a wide variety of subjects, but does not endorse any particular theory, opinion, viewpoint or position on any topic.

As always, the T&C is our guideline.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant. Atheism and secular humanism are behind this "politically correct" movement.

Homophobic paranoid claptrap. Your comments gives Christians a bad name.

Sorry but you can't get much clearer than Romans 1.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

My comment was on what the Bible says... not on ATS's position.

But Rizlas comment and yours fit exactly what I was responding too Con about...

Your words tell me NOT only is the conspiracy walking and living among us, but when the days come that accusing a sinner takes more risk for ridicule than the risk of shame for the one committing it.

Thanks for proving Con's point

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by sizzle

[edit on 6-4-2008 by sizzle]

Did it ever occur to you,, to just shut up.

Don't get me wrong sizzle, I said it that way to get your attention. These posts may not end and whether you want them to or not, there is someone out there, one of these posts is speaking to.

They may be doing more good then just slapping our ego around in what we think is our need to be right or to defend that need when it is in jeopardy etc

Otherwise, in the words of John McCaine,, I don't care if we are here for a hundred years arguing LOL

- Con

Yes con,
It occurred to me to do that. And I did for about 20 pages. But you and 2 or 3 others, specifically, just kept batting the very same ball back and forth. Never accomplishing anything.
I understood your reasons and your efforts. But it was clear that certain people were JUST not listening.
It was NOT that they didn't understand. They chose NOT to hear. So the controversy went round and round until myself and many others became sick to death of it.
I would truly appreciate it if you do not tell me to shut up again, unless you plan to do so, yourself.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by sizzle]

Oh Sizzle I don't mean shut up in that way, I mean about apologizing for a thread I have gotten more u2u's with more questions regarding Christianity then most any other. If I was sick to death of it,, I know how to shut the thread off. I like having the option like that because I know out of the few options we have, unlocking a closed thread isn't one of them. I'm sorry that came out wrong sizzle,, I know you are a sweetheart and love your writing. I read tiki the other night and you got a gift there. That story needs a warning before reading it bring kleenix.

- Con

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That is the truth Con. For instance, the Bible clearly calls homosexuality a sin; yet one look at all these very recent threads:

And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant.

The bible also clearly says to love your neighbour, let god do the punnishing, judge lest ye be judged and to not throw the first stone etc.

I was raised christian and I don't remember anything about Jesus teaching

"be tolerent except when it comes to those homosexuals.."

[edit on 6-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Again with that silly "judge not" game riley?

Haven't you been corrected enough on that?

I judge the sin not the sinner. But that does not excuse the behavior.

"Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that the others may take warning." 1 Timothy 5:20

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."2 Timothy 4:2

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant. Atheism and secular humanism are behind this "politically correct" movement. Then there are also those who call themselves Christians yet are "grasping at straws" to claim the Bible doesn't really mean what it "sounds like" it is saying. They have simply fallen victim to the accusations like you say...

It is hard to take a stand these days.

But if you don't stand for something...

You might just fall for

Atheism.

Well you might be under the impression that ATS is a Christian forum, it isn't. Sorry if this come as a blow to you but you are going to get varied topics and if you can't deal with that maybe ATS isn't for you. From the T&C:

6b) Neutrality: The Above Network, LLC provides a forum for discussing a wide variety of subjects, but does not endorse any particular theory, opinion, viewpoint or position on any topic.

As always, the T&C is our guideline.

I think what BW is talking about is the thread I seem to have lost it but Kinglizard would know as he was the one they attacked .

Whammy and I didn't post in it but I think I am now that I have read more about it. King was only posting scripture and ,, well perhaps Ill let him explain it. He did give a great answer and it DID prove just what we are saying. I think the intolerance thing has a self backfiring mechanism that we will see more and more that either we keep enforcing or find a away to legislate thoughts and attitudes and that is exactly what Dawkins suggests in his book.

The intolerance becomes what ever lobbyist can get passed as new legislation and becomes another step further into depravity another step over the line we get more accustomed too.

and lets face it, sin is FUN

we don't make fun OF it.

we just codify it now

- Con

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Indeed the 'judge not' philosphy was the basis of many of his teachings- he was meant to be a pacifist and all were welcome.
I am quite certain that fred phelps uses similar bible quotations to disqualify the rest of Jesus' teachings as well. Still doesn't make him a 'good christian'.

Ontopic.. imo christians should worry more about the fred phelps of this world than atheists or homosexuals.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I wonder why people that do ot believe in God get upset that we say homosexuality is a sin. The definition of a sin is disobeying God. If there's no God why get upset for being called a sinner?

Makes me think deep down inside.

part of them knows

he's real

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Damn, I do love cherry pickers. Why not use ALL of the Bible if you are going to use some of it?

John 8

1But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

www.biblegateway.com...

Do I have to bold the relevant points to get the ONE point across?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

Again with that silly "judge not" game riley?

Haven't you been corrected enough on that?

I judge the sin not the sinner. But that does not excuse the behavior.

"Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that the others may take warning." 1 Timothy 5:20

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."2 Timothy 4:2

Yeah that is exactly what the church has bough into too. That judge the sin not the sinner crap. That is as dumb as judging the murder but not the murderer or judge the theft but not the thief.

Total bunk

-Con

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Who is throwing stones? I just said it was a sin.

Did I say lock homosexuals in jail. No, I said the Bible calls it a sin.

I am not condemning any one for calling a sin a sin. It's a statement of fact.

Just because we forgive and tolerate each others weaknesses doesn't change the fact it is a sin.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Your point is lost on me, care to define it? Jesus didn't judge harshly, why should you have the right to do so? Are you beyond Christ's reasoning?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Your point is lost on me, care to define it? Jesus didn't judge harshly, why should you have the right to do so? Are you beyond Christ's reasoning?

How did I judge anyone harshly? Did i condem? I did not. See?? I said the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. It does. And I get jumped on for it.

Then you try to use the Bible to prove to me that I am somehow wrong.

Now look closely at the story you quoted to me (thanks BTW)

What does Jesus say to the woman he rescued?

"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Leave your "life of SIN." Which is all I said.

-case closed-

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

How did I judge anyone harshly? Did i condem? I did not. See?? I said the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. It does. And I get jumped on for it.

Just look at you previous posts, um yeah, you did.

Then you try to use the Bible to prove to me that I am somehow wrong.

Now look closely at the story you quoted to me (thanks BTW)

Didn't try, DID prove it. You are judging WAY more than Christ did. Fault of religion? Probably. Seeking a moral superior ground? I'm not judging that.

What does Jesus say to the woman he rescued?

Leave your "life of SIN." Which is all I said.

-case closed-

Check the bold. If Jesus didn't condemn an adulterer, why do YOU feel that you can condemn a homosexual? OT #?

Yes, the case is closed. I fear you won't see it though.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I might be a little rusty on my bible studies, but isn't Timothy an Epistle of Paul's?

It sure doesn't sound like something Jesus would say.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yeah bolding is fun...

You give me the power of God or a judge and jury. I can not condemn anyone. All I am doing is saying their behavior is wrong. That's not condemning. Condemning is punishing them somehow.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Conspiriology

I wonder why people that do ot believe in God get upset that we say homosexuality is a sin. The definition of a sin is disobeying God. If there's no God why get upset for being called a sinner?

Makes me think deep down inside.

part of them knows

he's real

By golly I think you just had an epiphany LOL

Cognition is when we hear a thing said in ways we haven't heard before and like a punchline is to a joke the cognition is laughter.

Like conviction does to the sinner the cognition is guilt

Someone once said you can tell a lot about someone by the things they laugh at. same goes for scripture and the things we feel guilt about.

Like the cheaters manifesto in online gaming says. To perpetuate the allowance for cheating to rule. When accused, deny deny deny and ridicule the accuser with extreme prejudice at every opportunity.

Once the accuser is labled he is harrased by others who use cheats and eventually he just shuts up about it. The model for the game philosophy degrades from honor to ,, if you can't beat em bot em.

That social experiment can be seen in many ways.
It is being researched by Atheists Sam Harris besides Dawkins to add substantial credence to thier theory.

Thing is, it isn't just a theory. This is something the Bible has said clearly and is being stolen and re-packaged as a modern hypothesis of Science but just who they are studying is even more telling.

Wouldn't ya know it,,,

It's Belief in God

- Con

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join