It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
bottom line: this thread should be dead, as nothing has been proven

This thread should be dead. I'm amazed you people can spend this much time amongst yourselves when neither side is listening.

Point in case : a handful of atheists declared immediately after this threads creation that yes, they believe atheism should overthrow religion.

And still, the atheists are running in circles trying to censor that opinion.

Seriously, the thread was over after the first handful of opinions. Atheists want religion dead and this is common knowledge - argue the semantics all you want.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

No offense....taken? SHould I be offended lol? Are you comparing me to some kind of unsavory character, or is it someone who thinks like I do that you don't agree with? I'm just trying to imagine how I could possibly take offense hehe.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by sizzle

No offense....taken? SHould I be offended lol? Are you comparing me to some kind of unsavory character, or is it someone who thinks like I do that you don't agree with? I'm just trying to imagine how I could possibly take offense hehe.

The 'no offense' was proffered because often times people do not like to be compared to others.
I had nothing personal against the former member. I found her extremely intelligent.
The comparison here, is the intelligence level, the stance issues, and just a strang de ja vu feeling that I can't explain. I don't know why. I already stated that. Take it as a compliment.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

declaring that atheism should overthrow christianity isn't equivalent to conspiring to overthrow it

i think that there should be a utopian populist one world government, does that mean i'm a part of a conspiracy to overthrow the US government?

we want religion dead, sure, but we're not enacting a particular conspiracy to overthrow it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Madness,
I know that you too are an intelligent guy.
Please don't make me say it again. I have conceded as the Op, that there is no conspiracy. I know that you can read and comprehend. Now, please let's let this thread die. Okay??

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

ok

but i need to make sure that this isn't a one line post so i'll concede that you're also an intelligent and insightful poster

mutual respect

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

declaring that atheism should overthrow christianity isn't equivalent to conspiring to overthrow it

Oh ok. So if I get a group of people together and talk about wanting to burn down Dawkins house - I'm not really committing a felony conspiracy to commit arson!
I gotcha.

i think that there should be a utopian populist one world government, does that mean i'm a part of a conspiracy to overthrow the US government?

No... it means you are easy fodder for the New World Over. They'll promise you exactly that.

we want religion dead, sure, but we're not enacting a particular conspiracy to overthrow it.

Ah, right. Like I said, I want to burn down Dawkins house but I don't really want to

Pfftltltlflfpfppfp 50+ pages and this is all we have? I'm not calling you guys quitters but no wonder you wanna shut this thread down.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Madness,
I know that you too are an intelligent guy.
Please don't make me say it again. I have conceded as the Op, that there is no conspiracy. I know that you can read and comprehend. Now, please let's let this thread die. Okay??

but the raelians are conspiring against it! www.youtube.com...

and they're against ToE!!!

sorry bout that.. it's just everyone else has had the last word and I was feeling really left out..

[edit on 5-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I posted this from a thread on CIR in the "Christianity based on Egyptian Myths."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is another thread in CIR on the concept that athiests are trying to overthrow Christianity. I dont believe they are. I believe that certain pagan rites and sects are trying to overthrow Christianity or infiltrate it and turn it to thier tack or methods. They are and have been remarkably successful in this attempt. However I do not credit Athiests with such an attempt. Not possible. IF you think it through....by doctrine and dogma..it is not possible for Athiests to be good counterfitters. Pagans yes..Athiests no. Athiests tend to be to anti Christian to be as effective as Paganism in turning and destroying Christianity. Paganism has been far more effective in this type of seduction

By they way..for Athiests reading this..it is not intended to insult or offend.. merely state my opinion based on the history with which I am familiar.

I dont normally bother making posts on boards such as this one but I too am a bit startled in that this thread has gone on some 50 plus pages. Very intresting.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Orange you can credit the length of this thread to to hard-headedness of the posters. Take out the personal attacks, word acrobatics, and rehashing the rehashed rehash, and suddenly we might be down to maybe 20 pages of somewhat meaningful discourse. The only way to combat the verbal slap-fight thats so prevalent on this website is to have mods that are like dictators. They give us an inch and radical/fundamentalist/extremist whatevers take a mile.

Ya'll better be glad I'm not a mod. I'd be making you explain how your post is on topic, and if it wasn't, -delete-!

Oh Mods? Luv ya! Doin a great job!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Gigatronix]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Gigatronix]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello there.

I'm an atheist. What annoys me with all religions is the way theyy try and change things to suit them. Ok ill grant you the fact that some religious litrature is written as a guide to enable believers to act in a correct way. The problem comes when the followers act in a way against that.

To get to the point i hate it when for example

A school says no jewellery may be worn. Little Johnny is not having that and decides to wear his crucifix necklace to school. The teachers tell him to remove it and at the end of the day he complains to mommy. Johnny's mum complains to the school and they have to allow him to wear it on religious grounds.

This is the sort of thing that really gets on my nerves.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by silk101]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silk101

Hi there,
As the Op, I appreciate your post, I appreciate your unhappiness with things done in the name of 'religion.' So do I. But this has nothing to do with a conspiracy of Atheists to overthrow Christianity. And we have all agreed that there is none. There is an overwhelming majority of agreement here to close this thread, so if everyone will stop posting, maybe we can accomplish this.
Would everyone please comply? Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Well, the hard-headedness can be (in reality) the desire to have the bias against religion expunged from academia!
When universities invite Sam Harris and Dawkins to spew their hatred for religion and serve as 'the heavy' against faith, backing up what the professors have ALREADY said and have conferences calling for the eradication of religion Crystal Clear Atheism (much like in Stalin's uprising), then I for one, say, take away their government funding!

Science is not solely for teh atheist!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Somehow I don't think this thread would die, if we shot it with an AK-47!
Maybe the Catholics should douse it with Holy water;
The Atheists should call in Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris;
The Christians should stand in prayer agreement;
The pagans should perform a ritual;
The mods should perform an exorcism.
Ta-da!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And now would be the perfect time to post this,

Ancient Humor: Raunch, Riddles and Religion

dsc.discovery.com...

Polimeni theorizes that humor and spirituality emerged together, perhaps as ways for humans to relieve stress, communicate and make social connections in lieu of grooming, roughhousing and other, more direct means used by our primate ancestors. Given that the basis of humor may conceivably be rooted in the same cognitive machinery that allows animals to play and tease, it is certainly possible that the cognitive processes that allow spirituality may have piggy-backed on this humor cognitive substructure," he said.

dsc.discovery.com...

and god laughed!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You see what I mean Christians READ WHAT HE SAID.

The theory is tested the only way spiritual theory CAN be tested and that is when it is made manifest in the physical and prophesied using OUR Scientific method to test it

The Bible IS that method and it has proven once again just why it is so rejected by Science because it can do what Science trys so hard NOT to prove by people who do NOT believe in the religion they do NOT have by the order of the God they do NOT serve and the one the unknowinglly do as unknowing agents of the spiritual conspiracy in a war they can't see but are in nevertheless. It is the same reason we have a President who ran using the same duality Satan uses to get us arguing over party issues between two bonesman while we argue party lines it never occurs to us why Bush acts like a dumb Christian and mocks the same Christians never giveing them a dime to so called faith based initiatives calling the religious retards and Atheists non citizens. That no matter which one we picked, Kerry or Bush, a Bonesman won and that was all that matters. That 911 got you started and here we are arguing about HOW buildings fell rather then WHO did it. Here we are arguing evolution about HOW we got here rather then WHO caused it.

Truthers are ridiculed by the intelligent community of engineers with the same patent vitriolic piss and vinager having the same confusing versions as we Christians have other weird Christians like incarnate ad matrix.

It keeps us pre-occupied in the argument and has the power to keep us in that loop for years while the prophesy is going on under our very noses and Bush gets away with fulfilling his destiny.

Your words tell me NOT only is the conspiracy walking and living among us, but when the days come that accusing a sinner takes more risk for ridicule than the risk of shame for the one comitting it.

We know now we are behind in our efforts to stop it.

When someone like you can say such prophetic underpinnings of a spiritual world gone literally to hell, I am looking at the very prototype of the Dawkins meme the very Bio-blasphememe proto type of a conscienceless soul. The "A" generation.

THAT is why the odds of you ever being wrong are such a sure bet that you have been right 100% of the time. Why believing such a lie gives you no reason to apologize much less a reason to forgive.

It is written and it has been proven.

You may call it toxic shame, that when attached to failure we then avoid being wrong at all costs.

We Christians know about meme and the Bible Sin concept talked about in the bible that Dawkins stole the whole idea from and is using to accelerate the sins of the father to make manifest a breed of humans in just one perhaps two generations. As we have seen with Dogs using only temperment to spawn so many variations in breeding, or what you call evolution. Dawkins own pride for thinking he even came up with the theory will be the same ego the same pride he will use to defend it exists. He won't get any argument from wise Christians, I can tell you that.

Like the airplane the wright brothers copied from the intellectual property of the Birds original creator, the meme was also stolen by a Mad Scientist, Madd at religion and like Darwin before him, would question OUR sanity before his own. Thinking he even had the intelligence to come up with the idea brings him such personal pride and satisfaction that it would be impossible to suggest what I am alluding to much less stop him from carrying out any more of this pervasive perversion of the scientific persuasion. A spiritual virus the and the one with no cure is the bio blasphememe the block or rejection of the holy spirit itself.

If it was a thing you could see in the physical realm, it would make AIDS look like the common cold spread much more deceptively. This is the Mad Cow disease of the soul and it is backed up by Scipture and Guaranteed by God that what I say is true. So you remember when you said that quote and I said mine if you choose to quote me,, please quote this most.

It is certainly crazy enough to make fun of and I am certainly worthy of being made the butt of your jokes. I welcome it, I insist you do it, if that is what it takes.

Generation Atheist, are the children of the grave or Generation of the Antichrist. Now it makes sense, the bullcrap about the meme the Child abuse garbage. It isn't to keep them from our abuse, or stifle them. It is to keep the meme blank untill they get into our Atheist run indoctrination camps called public schools where the REAL virus can be placed in that engram, meme or what is usually used as the conduit for the spirit to give you the understanding you now reject to be reinforced by the creators of the meme. Darwin Dawkins and any other Satan filled Atheist who uses séance as science, legions logic. No wonder you act so religious without believing in God yet you know so much about pagan gods.

The very meme Dawkins and Harris are so busy trying to integrate into our Science as a Fact will be the very day I want you to remember this post Madd. That will be soon I am certain of it. That will be a critical day in your life. One that may seem crazy today and a coincedence tommorow when it happens, and a revalation when I am proven right and YOU are proven wrong and the meme is filled with the overdue emotional debt you have been overdrawn on your account for accounatability.

That kind of karmic receivership is gonna be like getting hit by a mac truck in a nightmare of endless loops playing over and over forever.

That is something your scientific method proved

and you don't even know it.

better recognise

- Con

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Somehow I don't think this thread would die, if we shot it with an AK-47!
Maybe the Catholics should douse it with Holy water;
The Atheists should call in Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris;
The Christians should stand in prayer agreement;
The pagans should perform a ritual;
The mods should perform an exorcism.
Ta-da!

Did it ever occur to you,, to just shut up.

Don't get me wrong sizzle, I said it that way to get your attention. These posts may not end and whether you want them to or not, there is someone out there, one of these posts is speaking to.

They may be doing more good then just slapping our ego around in what we think is our need to be right or to defend that need when it is in jeopardy etc

Otherwise, in the words of John McCaine,, I don't care if we are here for a hundred years arguing LOL

- Con

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Your words tell me NOT only is the conspiracy walking and living among us, but when the days come that accusing a sinner takes more risk for ridicule than the risk of shame for the one committing it.

That is the truth Con. For instance, the Bible clearly calls homosexuality a sin; yet one look at all these very recent threads:

1. Homosexuality is Not Condemned by Christianity (Proof from the Bible!)
  2. Who can agree with me when I say that being Gay is wrong?
  3. Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."
  4. What DOES the Bible say about Homosexuality?

And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant. Atheism and secular humanism are behind this "politically correct" movement. Then there are also those who call themselves Christians yet are "grasping at straws" to claim the Bible doesn't really mean what it "sounds like" it is saying. They have simply fallen victim to the accusations like you say...

It is hard to take a stand these days.

But if you don't stand for something...

You might just fall for

Atheism.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Did it ever occur to you,, to just shut up.

Don't get me wrong sizzle, I said it that way to get your attention. These posts may not end and whether you want them to or not, there is someone out there, one of these posts is speaking to.

They may be doing more good then just slapping our ego around in what we think is our need to be right or to defend that need when it is in jeopardy etc

Otherwise, in the words of John McCaine,, I don't care if we are here for a hundred years arguing LOL

- Con

Yes con,
It occurred to me to do that. And I did for about 20 pages. But you and 2 or 3 others, specifically, just kept batting the very same ball back and forth. Never accomplishing anything.
I understood your reasons and your efforts. But it was clear that certain people were JUST not listening.
It was NOT that they didn't understand. They chose NOT to hear. So the controversy went round and round until myself and many others became sick to death of it.
I would truly appreciate it if you do not tell me to shut up again, unless you plan to do so, yourself.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
And you will find that Christians who have enough backbone to at least call it what the Bible says it is, a Sin, are labeled as intolerant. Atheism and secular humanism are behind this "politically correct" movement.

Homophobic paranoid claptrap. Your comments gives Christians a bad name.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join