It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
why cant both parties just get along

1000 post btw woot

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I had stopped posting on this site a long time ago due to the hate and Christian bashing that was the norm. Now that there is better involvement by the mods, I am back.

I don't know that there is a conspiracy by athiest, but just the world in general. Years ago I read a book called "Conspiracy to Silence the Son of God." It described the very things that are taking place today.

I grew up with 1950's censorship on media such as tv and radio. I watched throughout the years as secularism has taken over. This has been good and bad. While I disagree with censorship, I feel that our children (and grandchildren) are being bombarded with ideas that they are much too young to understand properly. I see eight-year-olds dressing like Vegas hookers and their parents see nothing wrong with it.

Fredom of religion is now freedom from religion. People are more selfish and become very angry at anyone who would question their motives. How dare you call me a sinner! Yet they fail to realize that the definition of sin is disobediance to God.

I have never understood how people can rail against the laws of a God they don't even believe in. If you don't believe, what difference does it make?

Jesus said that the world will hate us for His name's sake. I know this to be very true. It's just a sign of the times. I appreciate your candor and insight for starting this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I still have not received a response for this:

Why would Atheists start a conspiracy? What purpose would this serve? What beneficial gains would Atheists receive or expect to receive from this?

Also, what are your thoughts on whether or not Christians have a conspiracy against non-Christians?

I hope my questions were asked neutrally as to not carry any offensive tones.

Thanks,
~Greg

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I appreciate the kind words of encouragement, and even apologies from some of you.
I also appreciate the patience that most of you have shown towards a member who has been very disrespectful. Personally, I do not think that he really wants the answers to the questions that he raises. Seems to me that he logs out as soon as he launches a bevy of insults. Then he finds more subjects that have been discussed that can fan flames of dissent. I believe that someone had the right idea about using the ignore button. That may soon be the only workable situation for me, or else I might wind up with an ulcer. Thanks everyone.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
I still have not received a response for this:

Why would Atheists start a conspiracy? What purpose would this serve? What beneficial gains would Atheists receive or expect to receive from this?

Also, what are your thoughts on whether or not Christians have a conspiracy against non-Christians?

I hope my questions were asked neutrally as to not carry any offensive tones.

Thanks,
~Greg

Yes it has been answered, read a few posts back. Please don't make this whole thread about redundancy. We already have one member doing that to death.
I am the OP. I have conceded that there is no conspiracy. Please go back a few posts. Thank you.
Not trying to be rude, but I think my earlier post will cover everything. Thanks.
Btw, No, you were not offensive and I thank you so much for that and I hope that I didn't seem that way to you.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by sizzle]

[edit on 1-4-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
Why would Atheists start a conspiracy? What purpose would this serve?

Oh, you're going to love this answer.

Ephesians 6:12. It's really not the atheists.

What beneficial gains would Atheists receive or expect to receive from this?

Another nugget that's going to make me everyone's best friend:

Being reminded less that there is a God.

Good question. I would say no. BUT I only say no because we are rather out in the open about it for the most part. Yes, we want to lead you to Christ. It's right there in the Bible, though, so I'm not sure how it would be a secret. As to whether or not there are insidious plans to take over the world a la Pinky and the Brain, I do not know.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If anyone has any questions as to who the member I was referring to, please ask. I do not feel that I was making any untrue, unkind, personal or attacking statements.
But several people were concerned that they were the ones that I was speaking of and I though that it was clear. Because I had just responded to a statement from Excitable_boy. Does that clear things up for everyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I had stopped posting on this site a long time ago due to the hate and Christian bashing that was the norm. Now that there is better involvement by the mods, I am back.

Well,, If you ask me I think it is because many of the Christians here started turning the tables on Atheists doing that and they don't like tasting their own medicine.

I don't know that there is a conspiracy by athiest, but just the world in general. Years ago I read a book called "Conspiracy to Silence the Son of God." It described the very things that are taking place today.

Yeah I know the book and more followed.

I grew up with 1950's censorship on media such as tv and radio. I watched throughout the years as secularism has taken over. This has been good and bad. While I disagree with censorship, I feel that our children (and grandchildren) are being bombarded with ideas that they are much too young to understand properly. I see eight-year-olds dressing like Vegas hookers and their parents see nothing wrong with it.

Yes, well you can't raise your kids as Christians without being accused of child abuse. Today, they want our public Schools teaching our kids "Family Values"

Fredom of religion is now freedom from religion. People are more selfish and become very angry at anyone who would question their motives. How dare you call me a sinner! Yet they fail to realize that the definition of sin is disobediance to God.

Yes and we see kids shooting each other in Schools like The kid at Columbine who kept talking about Natural Selection. I know what messed his head up and it sure wasn't being brainwashed by the Bible.

I have never understood how people can rail against the laws of a God they don't even believe in. If you don't believe, what difference does it make?

Because it isn't really like that and you are right it IS very strange but the thing is,, if God didn't exist, their would be no Atheist's. So you see they can't exist without him, there really is no escaping it.

- Con

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Well,, If you ask me I think it is because many of the Christians here started turning the tables on Atheists doing that and they don't like tasting their own medicine.

Little eye for an eye action there huh? Oh wait that thats a concept from an outdated irrelevant era. nevermind. Are you implying here that the mods came in force because those poor Atheists had the tables turned on them?Are the mods in on this conspiracy then?

Hmm they can't handle the concept of appropriate fashion sense, but they can handle the concept of Supreme Being? Bit of a stretech there, considering educated men and philosophers spend most of their life wrestling around the concept, but an 8 year old should pick it up in no time.

Yep well if I don't believe in God I can't be sinning now can I. Maybe according to you I am, but if I could care less about God's opinion, imagine how yours sizes up.

Yes and we see kids shooting each other in Schools like The kid at Columbine who kept talking about Natural Selection. I know what messed his head up and it sure wasn't being brainwashed by the Bible.

Ah so the Columbine killings were because of Natural selection ,evolution,atheism? Here I thought it was just because they were idiots who had easy access to guns. You should call up the victims parents and all major news outlets. I'm sure they like to hear your insight versus the people that were there, knew them, and the educated psychologists and analysts.

if God didn't exist, their would be no Atheist's. So you see they can't exist without him, there really is no escaping it.

Yep, I'll agree, without the concept of God there would be no Atheists. Big difference between what I just said and what you said. And yet here I am existing without God, seems I escaped him pretty well. Oh I know, God exists in spite of what I believe right? I don't believe in him, but he believes in me! This is an example of faith trying to force itself on me. No matter how much I don't believe and how much I can explain why I don't, religion still insists that I am wrong, and still tries to foist its rules and regulations on me despite my protests.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well here are my thoughts on this entire matter.

Perhaps there is a conspiracy, perhaps there is not. But however, in my opinion, I believe that religion should not be eliminated from this world. Whether there really is a god or not, religion helps give many of us faith. That much is certain. I have met many people changed by religion and even if I may think they are brainwashed (not accusing that they are), they are much nicer, and much more generous than before so apparently it has a positive effect.

A balance must exist, however. I am sure any religious person has to admit that there are some people out there that are just too piety (ridiculously over-religious) and carry it to extreme levels which destroys the entire purpose of religion. One of the most nasty examples is wars caused by religion.

But I also believe that there should remain a portion of the world that are Atheists, as long as they are able to keep faith and a sense of morality without religion. Some religious people might be prevented from committing sins (not sure if this is the right word or not) and other acts of evil because they're constantly reminded that god is watching over them. As for me, I am an Atheists though I hold many of my own beliefs and I don't go around insulting people or doing evil just because I don't believe there's a god. So my point is, we Atheists aren't hateful either and some of us do have a form of faith.

The reason for maintaining some Atheism is that if the entire world were to be taken by one or two religion(s), it would actually be a danger. Just because a person is religious does not mean that they are invulnerable to one of the most powerful evils in this world: corruption. Religion dominating the world would not be much different from governmental domination for as long as you had just one corrupted leader, all would be thrown into chaos (as we have seen throughout history).

So, conclusively, religion should remain and so should Atheism although we should find some sort of equilibrium state as to minimize conflicts.

~Greg

Btw, thanks for your replies to my previous questions.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

But I also believe that there should remain a portion of the world that are Atheists, as long as they are able to keep faith and a sense of morality without religion.

Why do you assume an Atheist is going to be immoral? Catholic priests that sodomize young boys are immoral. Mormon leaders that marry multiple wives and make sure some are quite underage are immoral. Should we have a morality debate? Plenty of just pain old Christian leaders have caused all kinds of hayhem and taken part in all kinds of immoral acts.

There are immoral people in all walks of life, all religions and non-religions, all races.....all the damn planet. If 92% of the popolulation are Theists, then most of the horrendous things going on on this planet are caused by Theists. Is that proper logic? It actually is....

My educated guess, and logical answer to the whole "debate" is: 92% of the crap that goes on in the world is caused by Theists and 8% is caused by Atheists. 92% of the scumbags on the planet are Theist and 8% are Atheist...

Sorry I didn't come up with that 50 pages ago. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of time.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I also have no problem with the existence of Atheists, Agnostics, or any other person of belief or lack of belief. I, too believe in 'live and let live.'
Some might find what I am about to say as controversial, but it is what I believe and what I practice.
I do not go door to door, spreading the gospel. I do not stand on street corners handing out tracts. I do not stand in judgment of those that do. If that is what they believe in their heart is the right thing to do; that is not my call.
But for me; the only way that I witness to anyone is if they are asking questions of me. Then I will answer to the best of my ability or direct them where I feel that they can best get their answers. My reason for this, is that I strongly feel that when you intrude upon a person's home and privacy, uninvited, you are risking negative results in all sorts of ways.
Here in the U.S., We have multitudes of Churches in every town and city. They are even listed in the yellow pages. There are evangelical shows aired on TV.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that even the disciples nor the Apostles went door-to-door. I believe they held large assemblies and the people attended, if they so chose.
But to sum this up; I was asked earlier if I though there might be a conspiracy of the Christian to overthrow the non-believer. No, I believe that people that do go out and knock on doors, or witness in any way; sincerely believe they are doing the right thing. Even those that belong to the cult religions.
I don't think anyone could have the courage to do that if they felt they were wrong.
I wish we could all be kinder to each other and have a better understanding of why people believe what they believe; without accusations and shouting matches. But, then my reading glasses aren't nearly as rose-colored any more. But I am very proud of the members here at ATS who have taken strides to achieve greater civility. You all know who you are. Thanks!

Edit: I hope you folks were able to follow my train of thought, as I was trying to cover several issues at once. If I lost you, just ask.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

wow, you just admitted to doing something incredibly wrong!

however, we atheists were never really doing that...

Yes, well you can't raise your kids as Christians without being accused of child abuse. Today, they want our public Schools teaching our kids "Family Values"

oh grow up and learn to take a statement in context.
you're taking everything out of proportion. dawkins never said that teaching kids a religion was abusive, it's the forcing of religious belief on them in particular manners that was. his biggest example being the "hell houses" which are inherently traumatic experiences designed to instill a fear of hell in people

oh, that's downright lies.
seriously, i'm done sidestepping things and being polite

you
are
lying

in the course of this thread you have:
lied
misrepresented
plagiarized
engaged in egregious ad hominem attacks
posted links to hate sites
spewed hypocrisy
and generally spread ignorance

stop it now

Because it isn't really like that and you are right it IS very strange but the thing is,, if God didn't exist, their would be no Atheist's. So you see they can't exist without him, there really is no escaping it.

...and you also lack a grasp of common logic.

atheists exist regardless of the existence of a deity
same with theists

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Any parent that would take their young child to a 'hellhouse' is ignorant.
I've been to two of them and it is NO place for a child.
One of my friends made a decision for Jesus at one.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
But, really, they aren't MUCH more frightening than some of the more mature 'haunted houses' of halloween.
Nobody chased anyone. It was a theatre-type production.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
But, really, they aren't MUCH more frightening than some of the more mature 'haunted houses' of halloween.
Nobody chased anyone. It was a theatre-type production.

However there is a difference... most parents I think would tell their kids that everything that they saw in a mature 'haunted house' of halloween is fake, even if it was a theatre-type production.

For certain zealous theists parents who bring their children into some 'hell houses', I wonder, is this not a great opporunity to enforce the fear of God into their kids to permanently traumatize them so that they will never leave their religion in their lifetime?

After all, it is exactly what their particular religion/faith may be preaching.....

[edit on 2-4-2008 by ixiy]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

wow, you just admitted to doing something incredibly wrong!

however, we atheists were never really doing that...

What exactly is that Madd? You Atheists? As in YOU speaking on behalf of the herd of cats that cannot be corralled, are in no way shape or form accountable for anything or anyone yet you are here saying "We" Atheists didn't really do "that"? Just what would "that" be ?

oh grow up and learn to take a statement in context.
you're taking everything out of proportion. dawkins never said that teaching kids a religion was abusive, it's the forcing of religious belief on them in particular manners that was. his biggest example being the "hell houses" which are inherently traumatic experiences designed to instill a fear of hell in people

Madd, I am all grown up thank you , please refrain from the veiled ad-hom attacks ok Thanks.

I know exactly what he says in addition to Harris and Hitchens say's but as for Dawkins in particular, I would say it is YOU adding context to it that isn't there. In one of his Utube video's he suggests that children will adopt the same religious convictions of their parents. Which is indicative of the unfairness, they place on their children, and that they should either be exposed to other religious and philosophical ideology.

I say, why stop there!

What about morals? Surely, only a brainwasher would teach a child that anything is right and wrong. Who are we to impose that on our children?

Then their is language and Nationality. Why should I impose my opinion insisting my children adopt my worldview about looking both ways before crossing the street. I should let them make up their own minds about that.

The Bottom line is Dawkins has no authority no right and no business speaking period. He should just keep his day Job cleaning up the dung in the Gorilla cage rather then claim he knows anything about Child rearing

oh, that's downright lies.

I beg your pardon? Ill take a polygraph if you like.

you
are
lying

Ill take a polygraph if you like.

in the course of this thread you have:
lied

I guess a polygraph is out of the question, and you just want to be content calling me a liar but no matter how many times you say it, doesn't make what I have said any less true but your welcome to keep trying, I guess.

misrepresented

Umm are you calling me a liar again or is it to keep from appearing redundant because if it is, it isn't working and again Ill offer to help clear it up any misgivings.

plagiarized

I cheated on my taxes once too and have taken the lords name in vain but I see I don't need to assist you in your assault on me so Ill just let you continue. Carry on.

engaged in egregious ad hominem attacks

No?? Not the egregious kind? are you sure they were egregious? The reason I ask is because I got a rather blistering reprisal from a mod and albeit he knows who he is,, I have taken great pains to avoid such appearances, and even though I may or may not have two veins in my forehead pulsating in concert with the increased blood pressure commensurate with the appropriate rage usually expressed by me when ever you attempt to bait me into such a dialogue.,,

It is baseless Madd and I am not falling for it.

Not this time.

Carry on,

posted links to hate sites

As I said, don't keep suggesting I prove such things then after I give references to allegations made for your commentary you try to make that an explosive issue too. I am beginning to believe this is a scheme of sorts

spewed hypocrisy

Says the kettle to the pot.

and generally spread ignorance

I only denied yours is all.

...and you also lack a grasp of common logic.

Yeah, I did lousy in calculus too, but,, I learned to live with it.

atheists exist regardless of the existence of a deity
same with theists

Not true, if there was no such thing as God, you would have no reason to actively disbelieve in one. There would be no one to make fun of with the flying spaghetti monster, no reason to create phony science theory like evolution, no reason to write books from Atheists telling people there is no God because there would be no god in the first place and everyone would say "huh?" what are you talking about? whats a God?

seriously, i'm done sidestepping things and being polite

You mean it gets worse?

stop it

(shaking head like a cartoon) Huh?

- Con

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well you want to know where I stand on it? I haven't posted all day because I got a little inspired. I set Romans 1 to music for a little ditty I like to call "Atheism". It starts out with a sample from Sir Winston Churchill's famous speech at the end of WWII and then uses the text of Romans 1. I got a pretty funky drum groove going with some slap bass. It's got history in it but no airbrushing!

Check out my new tune:

Atheism

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

how nice. a narrative calling atheists evil, depraved, fools and sexual perverts. one way to get around ATS censors I guess.

aren't you even aware that biggotry is in fact immoral [even by Jesus' standards]? where do you get off on judging others?

guys don't bother clicking on it.. it's just hate set to music.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I am so glad you enjoyed it. Don't shoot the messenger. Those are the words of the Apostle Paul. That is the text of Romans 1.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Bigwhammy]

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join