It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by sizzle
So Conspiriology was right then. You guys do mean Christians actual physical harm and possibly even death. I know out and out hate when I experience it.

I think as you mature from being 'born again', your sarcasm detector might well become more developed. Might happen at around 'puberty again'. Or not.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by melatonin]

Well ya know Melatonin, my sarcasm detector might would have been working just fine if this had been the first instance I had seen of this kind of thing in the last day or two. Then there was the testimony of Conspiriology who says that she has infiltrated some of your meetings.
No, I don't think I am being too thin=skinned.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
When did we bring Catholics into this? Are we expanding the discussion? I've not seen anything mentioned about Catholics except for the fact that riley went to Catholic school

I thought the thread was over by page 2. But I s'pose we might as well move on to other fundie bogeymen.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

At the risk of upsetting the Catholics; I do not agree with the Catholic Doctrine and never have. And I will say this; If I had been raised Catholic, I too might be an atheist today.

As I already said I have also been exposed to christianity otherwise. There are other forms of christianity I consider to be just as distructive and ignorant. Please do not assume my atheism is some sort of knee jerk rebellion to catholicism. Though that may have influenced my spirituality when I was a kid.. it certainly does not define my philisophical perceptions now. It was merely a starting point.. well not even that.. I vividly remember not believing in god when I was three years old so atheism feels very natural to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

When did we bring Catholics into this? Are we expanding the discussion? I've not seen anything mentioned about Catholics except for the fact that riley went to Catholic school

Post by Riley:

I went to catholic school and have been exposed to alot of christianity otherwise. A few years ago I read the bible in one sitting, and, to be sure of the context I did that again [I felt sick afterwards]. I am very familar with biblical terminology and the way it's used and that is what the term 'carnal mind' means.. we both know it and you tried to use it to indirectly antagonise atheists. The only time I have ever heared priests use those words is when talking about sinners. You got called on it, dropped it like a hot patato.. and guess what? You claimed to be my victim. Passive agressiveness at it's worst.

I think my comment was a suitable answer to his statement.
Edit:Just to add a lil info here,
I believe that the Catholic Church is the only place that you find Priests.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by pavlovsdog

How can you NOT know that these are the basic tenants of True Christianity?

The thief on the cross beside Jesus was taken to paradise WITHOUT being baptised, taught catechisms or even sacraments!
This is not new.
The anabaptists were so-called, (evangelists) killed, and persecuted for teaching repentance and conversion, followed by full emersion!
preceded by the Waldensions, the Hussites and the Lollards.
Great men and Women of Faith!!!

I posted this in another thread, so be it:

Thief’s case is the special one. Using similar logic, people doesn’t even have to hear for Gospels and Christ words as they will be saved like thief on cross.
Just left absurdity for a while (Luke 23:41):
- We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.
You see, he confessed his sin!
- But this man has done nothing wrong.
And then he repented them.
That’s why he was saved, but please, everybody who heard Christ words [Gospels] and didn’t baptize they can’t be saved.
Let us talk about it.

First of all Jesus Christ was baptized – Matthew 3:13-17.
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented. 16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
Christ didn’t baptize anybody, but that did his disciples – John 4:1-2.
1The Pharisees heard that Jesus was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John, 2although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples.
What were the last commands by Christ – Matthew 28:18?
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
What Our Lord said more – Mark 16:16 [basically the same as Matthew above]?
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Even more – John 3:5.
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Born in water means baptize and born in Spirit means chrismation. In Orthodox Church when one is baptized he is baptized both by water [baptism – 1st Holy Mystery] and Spirit [chrismation – 2nd Holy Mystery] just like Our Lord said in John 3:5.

There are so many references in Acts and Epistles that I think there is no need to write them all.

Peace

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well ya know Melatonin, my sarcasm detector might would have been working just fine if this had been the first instance I had seen of this kind of thing in the last day or two. Then there was the testimony of Conspiriology who says that she has infiltrated some of your meetings.
No, I don't think I am being too thin=skinned.

Instead, you might have remembered what I posted earlier. I outlined exactly my position, and that of almost every atheist I know, then.

There is no atheist organisation that is going to 'overthrow' christianity by force. But if it feeds your martyr complex to create such a phantom, carry on...

We will just keep writing books, having seminars, talking sense. Indeed, as I said earlier, I would never support any forced process. It will happen by making your postion look ridiculous, obsolete, and negative to society.

Indeed, we don't need to do much. You generally do much of this yourselves

[edit on 16-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

I thought the thread was over by page 2. But I s'pose we might as well move on to other fundie bogeymen.

Ya don't have to stick around ya know. I really do not want you to be bored. Idle hands is the boogeyman's playground!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Edit: I have definitely been up to long.
I will see you guys again after I have had some sleep. Have a good one.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I believe you need to do more research into the various christian denominations before sharing 'information'.. unless you are just getting into pastor/priest/clergy semantics.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Riley
Have a good day.
Peace!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sizzle,

I'm sorry. I tried to participate in this thread becuase something in your first few posts made me think that you might actually want to have a discussion. As this thread matures I see you exhibiting the the common traits that most Evangelists/Fundamentalists always seem to show.

1. False belief of constant persecution
2. Constantly wanting to talk about their faith
3. Little religious knowledge, not just wide ranging, but even with their own faith
4. Arguments full of contradictions
5. Immutability

anyone care to add anymore?

p.s. NO, I am not part of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Several people have asked

[edit on 16-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The only conspiracy is the one in your head-

Why do all Christians think atheists are out to get them?

The fact is- if there was really gonna be a showdown, it would have happened already. There's no atheist meeting planning diabolical plans to destroy religion- Its just people who don't want to believe what everyone's been force-fed their whole lives. Leave them be and they will leave you be. If religion wasn't based on all belief and on fact instead- maybe we'd be fighting the same battle but since nothing in concrete in religion- that is why its constantly criticized by other religions or atheists. No-one will ever agree with everything in this world. Everyone has objections. But speaking as an atheist, we aren't out to get anyone- just want to live our lives without living for someone else.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by dj05544]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Most of us are deeply troubled at being at war with Iraq. I believe that most of us can agree on that., Christian and Atheist alike.

Well I am glad to hear that you oppose the war. The problem is that it was primarily with the backing of the Christian churches that Bush got elected in the first place. It was also by their support that the war machine got launched and has been continuously supported. The US is 90% Christian so if you look at the problems (sleezy government, anti environment, war in Iraq, torture, over materialistic, etc) guess which group is primarily in control of this country?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The US is 90% Christian so if you look at the problems (sleezy government, anti environment, war in Iraq, torture, over materialistic, etc) guess which group is primarily in control of this country?

EXACTLY!

You certainly can't blame any other religion but your own for the problems your having.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I highly doubt that athiests are uniting globally to bring down christianity. Why would they? The masses that follow the religions of the world are doing a good enough job at bringing themselves down.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Support The War Against Christianity!

I definately do. When people start saying "let people blieve whave they want!". It makes me sick. Christianity or any other skygod religion is degrading humanity. And in fact not helping it progress or become stronger, but lazier and weaker. Especially of the mind.

When peoples beliefs start causing problems.
There needs to be a solution.

Where is the pesticide for christianty when you need it.

Marduk - Baptism By Fire.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I noticed someone said that religion is prision. I agree. But Christianity is not a religion if we look better. It's the way of life.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Would Jesus want ATM's in churches?

Is this serious? Are there really ATM's in churches? Because if there are then the agenda is right there for all to see and there's no way it can be denied.

This is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If there is.. I'm all for it. Christianity is a vile religion based on hate and differences. Most christians believe you must infact be a christian in order to have morals what so-ever. Down with the church, Down with the tyrants.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join