It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

He claims 13% again all I was doing was refuting your claim that you are the minority. Hardly - your still third out of all the religious faiths in world the religious faith of atheism is in the top 3. Interesting....

I am the minority? I claimed I was a minority when? Show me. Now I'm an Atheist, is that it? I believe in God Whammy and I discussed my belief in God here and all over this site and you know this. So why are you playing your propaganda game again?

You are calling me an Atheist?

And your math is still bad:
1. Christian
2. Islam
3. Hindu
4. A tie: Atheist and non-religious

And who cares? Shouldn't you be more worried about converting all those Hindus and Muslims? I mean, I know there are certainly plenty of Christian missionaries in those areas for a reason. You certainly could all get together and have 68% of the world to fight off the huge army of Atheists!!

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Chill. I wanted to first establish that I'm just an Atheist, not a conspiring Atheist. You are the one jumping to the conclusion that I am completely denying the existence of a conspiracy among a portion of Atheists. I simply said that not all us are in it. Good enough?

Also, please do not bring race into this. You cannot blame a race for the lack of knowledge of your religion. You were brought up taught Christianity. They were brought up taught whatever they now believe. Fair enough?

I still have not received a response to why Christianity is the only true religion just because Jesus doesn't have a tombstone. Any logical relationship between him somehow returning to life and all other religions being false because their gods have an official burial site does not exist.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
I still have not received a response to why Christianity is the only true religion just because Jesus doesn't have a tombstone. Any logical relationship between him somehow returning to life and all other religions being false because their gods have an official burial site does not exist.

Although there are many reasons why Christians believe it is the one true faith, this is pretty much the biggest 'logical' answer from a Christian perspective:

If there really was another way, Jesus never would have had to die on the cross. Remember what Jesus said before His arrest. He asked for His 'cup to be taken' from Him if there was any other way. There wasn't. If Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, or any other path was also acceptable, His death as a sacrifice for our sins would not have been required.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

How can you justify that there "is no other way"? How was this conclusion reached?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

I thought I just answered that question with one explanation HERE?

I'll also spare you the Biblical quotes for now about Jesus being the only way as the Bible would not be an authority for a non Christian.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Now...how many Atheists are there? You are all worried about Atheists?

Will you all only be happy when EVERYONE is a Christian (and an acceptable form of Christian)?

I was responding to this post. You imply there's such a small number of atheists that "Why should we be worried".

I'll tell you why.

Well Dawkins and Hitchens are calling me and my friends child abusers for reading bible stories. That worries me.

Joesph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot. Just three little athetsts is all it takes to make over 100 million dead bodies.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, I already read that post.

Your reason seems to be "If there really was another way, Jesus never would have had to die on the cross". You forget that I'm not a Christian believer and therefore I don't believe in a supernatural force somehow determining whether or not he had to die.

You just say "He asked for His 'cup to be taken' from Him if there was any other way. There wasn't." Is some godly being out there that scratches his beard thinking "Hmm hmm, there is no other way. Sorry but you're going to have to die."

Don't forget that sacrificial rituals were very common in the past. Many people would be sacrificed because of certain reasons. But none of these reasons are fact, they're just based on the sacrificers' beliefs.

So apparently the judgment and decision that "there was no other way" was made by some entity contained within Christianity, not anything universal that everyone can relate to.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Well Dawkins and Hitchens are calling me and my friends child abusers for reading bible stories. That worries me.

Same here, but vice versa. Not just my children, but almost to the point of Atheists in general are abused by Christians. Such as we will all burn in Hell because we don't hold the same beliefs, we are evil murderers, and we are heartless.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
Yeah, I already read that post.

I understand. Especially since you linked to it with the 'reply to tag.' My confusion was due to the fact you again asked why we believe it when I just told you.

Your reason seems to be "If there really was another way, Jesus never would have had to die on the cross". You forget that I'm not a Christian believer and therefore I don't believe in a supernatural force somehow determining whether or not he had to die.

I didn't forget which is why I just said:

"I'll also spare you the Biblical quotes for now about Jesus being the only way as the Bible would not be an authority for a non Christian."

Emphasis on a non Christian.

But on a side note, I told you the answer is from a Christian perspective. If you 'do not believe in a supernatural force' then there will never be an answer I can give that will suit your tastes now is there?

Don't forget that sacrificial rituals were very common in the past. Many people would be sacrificed because of certain reasons. But none of these reasons are fact, they're just based on the sacrificers' beliefs.

So apparently the judgment and decision that "there was no other way" was made by some entity contained within Christianity, not anything universal that everyone can relate to.

Yes, I doubt an atheist or Hindu would tell you that Jesus is the only way.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

Hell shouldn't be a concern unless you believe it is possible...

I haven't ever said all atheists are anything. Atheists are created in he image of God just like everyone else,so it is not surprising they also have morals. What I have done is respond to the criticism that religious faith is the source of the evil in the world. One look at countries with official atheist positions debunks that lie.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Joesph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot. Just three little athetsts is all it takes to make over 100 million dead bodies.

Cmon people, we have to get off the whole communist atheist vs christian thing...the military and government of respective nations does nothing to represent that nations ethnicity or religion... military and government are secular materialist objects... religion is a philosophy. They are far removed.

In any case, I agree that Dawkins is a sniveling fear monger... he uses the fear of extremist Muslims and the Evangelical capitalists as a ruler for all religious people... that is a complete disgrace to sociology in general.

To imply that it's abusive to teach a child basic lessons from the Bible, like respect your family, treat everyone kindly etc. - this is not normal logic. This is extremist drivel ... whether it comes from a professor or a nutjob on the street, it's completely invalid.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Dawkins and Hitchens, two men, just two and they have not called YOU a child molester. They are concerned with the actual child molesters out there and they bring up the Christian ones. There certainly are child molesters in every religion. It just happens to be that today Christianity is under a serious microscope because of all the lovely stories in the press over many many years now. A large number being aimed at the Catholic church which is the largest group of Christians on the planet. If they would simply allow priests to get married and be normal people, then the priesthood would not attrack so many pedophiles and various other sexual deviants.

If you somehow think these two men have called you a child molester then it appears like you have a guilt complex or something.

Joseph Stalin was a Rissian Orthodox (Christian) and he's dead.

Mao was an Atheist - so what? There are plenty of Christians and Christian organizations that have committed genocide all over the world and certainly a hell of a lot more than a handful of Atheists ever did or ever will.

Pol Pot was Catholic (and is also dead).

Not all Communists are Atheists.

I wonder...do you all think that Atheists should ride in the back of the bus or perhaps not even be allowed on the bus? Should they have their own bathrooms and drinking fountains? Should they not be allowed to attend schools with fine upstanding Theists? Should we not allow them to play professional sports? You all certainly don't want them in politics like being Atheist takes away thier right to run for office. Maybe we shouldn't let them vote either?

Atheists: The Christians' new 'n-word's!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I mainly bring it up to counter the false claim "more people have been killed in the name of religion"

Still yet, I believe there is a relationship between a belief in no accountability to God and despotism. I do not think the examples of atheist rulers in history are a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

1. Still yet, I believe there is a relationship between a belief in no accountability to God and despotism.

2. I do not think the examples of atheist rulers in history are a coincidence.

Answer to 1: I believe there is a relationship to Christianity and the belief that it is okay to sin because you say Jesus died for your sins so, therfore, you all give yourselves free reign to sin all you want. In many ways, Chritianity is a license to sin.

Answer to 2: I don't think the 1000s of more examples of Christian genocide and war are coincidences either!! and of course, there is no coincidence. The Christians knew exactly what they were doing. They were doing what they have always been good at: Killing in the Name of Jesus!!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Wrong again..

Stalin converted to Atheism after reading Darwin.

Historian, Alex de Jorge, notes in his work Stalin and The Shaping of the Soviet Union the fact that Stalin was religious in his youth, but became an atheist because of Darwin's books.

Alex de Jonge, Stalin and The Shaping of the Soviet Union, William Collins Sons & Limited Co., Glasgow, 1987, s. 22

Pol Pot

The Khmer Rouge also classified by religion and ethnic group. They abolished all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practise their customs. These policies had been implemented in less severe forms for many years prior to the Khmer Rouge's taking power.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

1. Still yet, I believe there is a relationship between a belief in no accountability to God and despotism.

2. I do not think the examples of atheist rulers in history are a coincidence.

Answer to 1: I believe there is a relationship to Christianity and the belief that it is okay to sin because you say Jesus died for your sins so, therfore, you all give yourselves free reign to sin all you want. In many ways, Chritianity is a license to sin.

Answer to 2: I don't think the 1000s of more examples of Christian genocide and war are coincidences either!! and of course, there is no coincidence. The Christians knew exactly what they were doing. They were doing what they have always been good at: Killing in the Name of Jesus!!

Ignorance--you don't understand anything about Christianity then.

I agree Christians have done bad things.... but I am sick of the LIE that more bad thongs have been done by religion it isn't true. The numbers speak for themselves. Godless regimes have a far worse record :: case closed.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by morgul

I thought I just answered that question with one explanation HERE?

I'll also spare you the Biblical quotes for now about Jesus being the only way as the Bible would not be an authority for a non Christian.

And for many christians the bible is not an authority either. In this I mean, many things are taken out of context and used to answer questions that are completely inappropriate - contradictory and sometimes just plain wrong.

I studied christianity for a bit of time so I am not speaking out of my rump- this was my observation/experience at the time. Just keeping it real

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Cmon people, we have to get off the whole communist atheist vs christian thing...the military and government of respective nations does nothing to represent that nations ethnicity or religion... military and government are secular materialist objects... religion is a philosophy. They are far removed.

In any case, I agree that Dawkins is a sniveling fear monger... he uses the fear of extremist Muslims and the Evangelical capitalists as a ruler for all religious people... that is a complete disgrace to sociology in general.

To imply that it's abusive to teach a child basic lessons from the Bible, like respect your family, treat everyone kindly etc. - this is not normal logic. This is extremist drivel ... whether it comes from a professor or a nutjob on the street, it's completely invalid.

I agree with you on all counts newworld you and I have always seemed to see things eye to eye on geo-political matters regarding wars etc. I believe what can be said of Christianity using Atheists own methods (something we do as a last resort) was just to show, two can play that game and it gets nowhere. However, if the ONLY way to cancel out one with the other is by using that method then I can Understand it.

I strongly believe wars are started by small powerful groups of people having nothing to do with their Religion or whether they are believers. I read a lot of Wraoth Ascendants posts, and he makes a lot of sense on this issue.

Then it takes people like Dawkins to fuel the fear and sell his books but he won't be the one in the trenches fighting, that you can be sure.

- Con

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Agreed... but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I agree Christians have done bad things.... but I am sick of the LIE that more bad thongs have been done by religion it isn't true. The numbers speak for themselves. Godless regimes have a far worse record :: case closed.

Your claim is false (Christians are way out in first place when it comes to genocide and war) and the case is most certainly not closed. Do you attempt to close all cases you can't win?

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join